Bart Miller on recruiting: "we’re looking for physical, tough, mean guys"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Recruiting goals

New offensive line coach Bart Miller wants to bolster recruiting at that position, whether the talent comes from Minnesota or elsewhere.

Recruiting Minnesotans “is very important to me,” Miller said. “We’re looking for a specific kind of player. Just because a kid’s in-state and he doesn’t fit what we do, that’s one thing. But we’re looking for physical, tough, mean guys that love the weight room, that love to work.

“I really don’t care how fast you run the 40. I want to know if you can move people in a short distance in a phone booth. Obviously the physical attributes are a must.

“We need to build a fence around the state for those type of players and around the Midwest. You look at the Big Ten — this is O-line country.”

http://www.startribune.com/mobile-tackling-dummy-tested-at-gophers-football-practice/374226261/

Go Gophers!!

How many times has this same article been written over the last 50-years. I always like the we need to build a fence around the state comment. And what's wrong with soft, nice guys?

Bart looks really intense... especially with that chew pouch.

How many times has this same article been written over the last 50-years. I always like the we need to build a fence around the state comment. And what's wrong with soft, nice guys?

I like the idea of Bart Miller getting the fence built, I'm just hoping he also makes WisconSIN pay for it.

I like the idea of Bart Miller getting the fence built, I'm just hoping he also makes WisconSIN pay for it.

Hey - maybe if Trump doesn't get the Republican nomination, the Gophers could hire him as the new AD. He's got business experience and he's a great negotiator. And think of the publicity!

Hey - maybe if Trump doesn't get the Republican nomination, the Gophers could hire him as the new AD. He's got business experience and he's a great negotiator. And think of the publicity!

The Gophers will do the jobs drunk Badgers won't.

But will he Fight for Me?

He will redistribute playing time...what are his views on women's athletics ? Do women athletics lives REALLY matter ?

I really like this guy, he knows exactly what he wants. I think part of Limey's problem was he had a hard time prioritizing player attributes in recruiting. Claeys and Sawvel know what they want on defense. We seem to know what we want at RB, QB, TE and now even WR, but until Bart M, not so much at oline.

He will redistribute playing time...what are his views on women's athletics ? Do women athletics lives REALLY matter ?

Hell man, you tell us??

The problem with Wisconsin and Iowa is that they're not sending their best people. They're sending people who have a lot of problems.

He would be very, very good at it!

Top Bottom