Gaelin Elmore gets tattoo in tribute to Coach Kill

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Joe:

Tattoo tribute

Defensive end Gaelin Elmore got a new tattoo on his left forearm last December, paying tribute to former Gophers coach Jerry Kill.

The tattoo has one of Kill’s quotes from his news conference Oct. 28, the day he retired from coaching because of setbacks from epilepsy. The quote says, “Count on your health instead of your wealth. Count on God, instead of yourself.”

Elmore said Jerry and Rebecca Kill were “really influential in my life and career.” When the couple came to visit a recent Gophers practice, Elmore had the chance to show them the tattoo.

“He was just kind of surprised a little bit,” Elmore said. “Mama Kill showed a little bit more emotion. But it’s just something he knows I really care about him and am thankful for what he did.”

http://www.startribune.com/mobile-tackling-dummy-tested-at-gophers-football-practice/374226261/

Go Gophers!!

Kill sure left an impression on people in a short time here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like this better than Jewahn Edwards "Are you hungry or are you starving?" tattoo.

A cool show of respect from Gaelin Elmore to Coach Kill

Quoting from the Star Tribune......

Tattoo tribute -

Defensive end Gaelin Elmore got a new tattoo on his left forearm last December, paying tribute to former Gophers coach Jerry Kill.

The tattoo has one of Kill’s quotes from his news conference Oct. 28, the day he retired from coaching because of setbacks from epilepsy. The quote says, “Count on your health instead of your wealth. Count on God, instead of yourself.”

Elmore said Jerry and Rebecca Kill were “really influential in my life and career.” When the couple came to visit a recent Gophers practice, Elmore had the chance to show them the tattoo.

“He was just kind of surprised a little bit,” Elmore said. “Mama Kill showed a little bit more emotion. But it’s just something he knows I really care about him and am thankful for what he did.”

Top Bottom