MN Daily column: Hiring Goetz would be a Gophers victory

Minnesota can't resist affirmative action hires, no matter how much harm is done. The U needs a man with a strong football/sports background in the state and plenty of contacts in the financial/business community. Goetz has been here less than three years. Her time may come - elsewhere.

Minnesota can't resist affirmative action hires, no matter how much harm is done. The U needs a man with a strong football/sports background in the state and plenty of contacts in the financial/business community. Goetz has been here less than three years. Her time may come - elsewhere.

This is just as stupid as saying she should be hired because she's a woman.

This is just as stupid as saying she should be hired because she's a woman.

This! We have such a problem in our culture of identifying people by what they are (man, women, black, white...). Just hire the best possible AD. Doesn't matter if the person is a woman, a man, Hispanic, etc. What matters is who can best lead the U of M Athletic Department

Gee, was this written by a male or a female?

What a miserable fail.

This was an op-ed piece written by a college student. And seemingly one who hasn't taken English Comp yet. Lighten up.

Because of this statement? Another reason why Goetz makes the most sense for the job is because she’s a woman. Hiring the most qualified makes sense. Hiring her because she's a woman does not make sense. Pretty straightforward.

Personally, I think the world would be s better place if women were in charge of everything. We could start with the Catholic Church (my church).

Personally, I think the world would be s better place if women were in charge of everything. We could start with the Catholic Church (my church).

Then little girls wouldn't be safe.

This was an op-ed piece written by a college student. And seemingly one who hasn't taken English Comp yet. Lighten up.

So you're saying it's okay to write something stupid if you're a student?

Wow, what a concept.

Top Bottom