NFL.com Mock Draft: Campbell rd 3, Murray rd 4, BBC rd 5

I've seen other mocks having Campbell going in the third rd. His athleticism must really be turning heads.

Scouts wanted to check out some film on Murray, so they plugged in tape from the Iowa game.....

They didn't get any answers, because there wasn't any film of him during the game since they never threw at him.....:D

I believe we are going to REALLY miss Eric Murray next year....

Scouts wanted to check out some film on Murray, so they plugged in tape from the Iowa game.....

They didn't get any answers, because there wasn't any film of him during the game since they never threw at him.....:D

Maybe they watched the TCU game.

Somewhat similar to last year when there was a lot of talk about Cobb, then come draft day Damien Wilson sneaks up and goes before him. Lots of talk about Murray, and as we get closer to the draft another Minnesota LB looks poised to surprise.

I wish Campbell played like a 3rd rounder for us.

Ah, the mighty Hawkeyes. I know you're probably kidding, as I watched and remember him being targeted, I believe 4 or 5 times by and he had a couple flags for a hold and PI. Still, he's going to be drafted and make a lot of money next year.

By the way, that memory brings up something I hope is being addressed this offseason: somebody tell Santoso the onside kicks need to make it to the 45 yard line. It really looked like they were aiming for the 43 yard line every time (3 times?) and I'm still stupefied.

We keep getting three or four players drafted in the NFL each year, and soon enough recruits will notice that there is more opportunities to make it to the pros other than tOSU, Michigan, or MSU.

Some may even get a better chance of playing and getting noticed than sitting on the bench at one of these schools.

I don't want Murray to be a Packer. But he might being from Wesconsin.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

He had a pretty good season. His Jr year was a little rockier for me. All kinds of potential.

After having watched Campbell miss plays on bad angles and missed gaps, I'm a lil surprised. But I'll bite, although...
2nd Murray
3rd Campbell
5th BBC

Are you sure he didn't? He was solid. Just had hands of stone on a couple INT's. Obviously the Scouts are seeing it.

I agree DC26 was good. I also agree, however, that his play didn't scream 3rd rounder. His potential and athleticism does and that is what the Scouts are seeing, IMO. I hope he is a rock star in the NFL, but has some work to do on his play first.

Ah, the mighty Hawkeyes. I know you're probably kidding, as I watched and remember him being targeted, I believe 4 or 5 times by and he had a couple flags for a hold and PI. Still, he's going to be drafted and make a lot of money next year.

By the way, that memory brings up something I hope is being addressed this offseason: somebody tell Santoso the onside kicks need to make it to the 45 yard line. It really looked like they were aiming for the 43 yard line every time (3 times?) and I'm still stupefied.

They may be doing that on purpose hoping the other team will come closer to field the ball and giving the team a chance to blow up the receiver faster.

Are you sure he didn't? He was solid. Just had hands of stone on a couple INT's. Obviously the Scouts are seeing it.

He wasn't better than Damien Wilson. They love his workout numbers.

the 40.

An overemphasis on 40 times for sure. If he ran a 4.8 no one would be calling. I wish him the best though. I would take Murray top of 3rd R, BBC end of 4th- top of 5th (injury concerns), Campbell is a 6th round flier for me.

He wasn't better than Damien Wilson. They love his workout numbers.

K.J. Maye would look good with a quick passing offense like the Patiots as well.

Coaches often get excited about workout times and measurements over game film. NFL Coaches are an arrogant lot. They often think that a player's on field performance will meet/exceed their physical tools when THEY get to coach them.

Coaches often get excited about workout times and measurements over game film. NFL Coaches are an arrogant lot. They often think that a player's on field performance will meet/exceed their physical tools when THEY get to coach them.

Brad Childress was quite guilty of this. See Troy Williamson.

I doubt Campbell is drafted in the third round, but I could see him going in the fourth. It will be almost all on projection for him. He's big, rangy, and fast and the ghost of Al Davis would probably draft him in the first or second round. He's a project of sorts, but he has a ton of athletic ability.

I doubt Campbell is drafted in the third round, but I could see him going in the fourth. It will be almost all on projection for him. He's big, rangy, and fast and the ghost of Al Davis would probably draft him in the first or second round. He's a project of sorts, but he has a ton of athletic ability.

I could see 4th for him too. The majority of 4th round guys never become starters anyways, so I think someone could take a chance on DeVondre since he at least has the physical assets to be a quality NFL player. If nothing else he should be a good special teamer, and if he can become a quality backup too that's a good use of a 4th round pick.

My bad. I thought I read that Childress was the HC in 2005. In that case, Troy Williamson was just another act of stupidity by the least cerebral coach in the history of football.

Wouldn't it be awesome is if the Vikings somehow draft or sign as UDFA one of the GOphers: Campbell, Murray, BBC, KJ Maye, or Mortell?

I know it is pipe dreams..., but you never know.

Wouldn't it be awesome is if the Vikings somehow draft or sign as UDFA one of the GOphers: Campbell, Murray, BBC, KJ Maye, or Mortell?

I know it is pipe dreams..., but you never know.

Mortell might be a marketing coup for the Purple.

Why you gotta bring that nightmare in here!?!!?/

I posted it as a psa for NFL front office people on how not to waste a high 1st rd. pick. I'm sure they're paying attention

BTW: That pick was incorrectly credited to Childress instead of Meathead Tice. The perfect punctuation to his forgettable tenure as the Vikes HC.

I'd guess Murray in the 4th, Campbell in the 4th or 5th. BBC in the 6th or 7th.

Top Bottom