Rem Pitlick May Delay Enrolling at Minnesota

Ignatius L Hoops

Reaction score
http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...not-quite-ready-for-college-hockey/373867761/

The Gophers might have to wait longer than expected to implement highly touted prospect Rem Pitlick into their system.

Pitlick told the Local Sports Journal in Muskegon, Mich., that he is “99 percent sure” he’ll return to the Muskegon Lumberjacks in the USHL next season and delay enrolling at Minnesota.

You know people don’t say ‘Oh dang, I wish I would have rushed it,’ ” Pitlick told the Local Sports Journal. “It’s ‘Oh dang, I wish I would have stayed back. So I don’t really want to have that regret later in life that I wish I would have stayed another year and helped my development. You just mature a little bit more. There’s really no rush. I’m 18 years old, I have some time.”

Pitlick is likely under the counsel of his father Lance, a former long-time NHL defenseman and Gophers standout that was drafted by the Minnesota North Stars. Pitlick’s cousin, Tyler, also plays professional hockey and spent time with the Edmonton Oilers, last season

Top Bottom