Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

6-7, 220 pound WR/TE with a basketball offer to NDSU from St. Cloud Tech. Had 977 yards and 12 TD's as a junior at St. Cloud Tech.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/4168020/581bf8b0688ec23cac2cbdb1' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah was thinking public schools. Thanks

City does produce, but they matriculate at suburban schools.

There is no real Youth Football in Minneapolis to speak about. They just can't get the coaching to build depth for the high school teams. That is probably the biggest contributing factor. That leads to less opportunity in and a downward spiral in the high schools.

Wish I could find the article, would be 2006. Wayzata vs North; wayzata had just won the state title. Strib ran an article that quoted 12 of 22 starters should have been at Minneapolis North, but instead were at Wayzata.

As to the point about the metro, it should produce more FBS, but it also produces a lot that go to NDSU and win championships.

http://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Furtney-46035801

I need a pick me up after Marsette's shinanigans.

Other Offers: Wisconsin, Virginia, Missouri, Kentucky, Syracuse & Cincinnati among other P5 schools. Also has offers from several MAC schools and Princeton as well.

Yeah was thinking public schools. Thanks

I get that. But you were responding to a post regarding how few football players come out of the Metro. What does it matter if they go to a public or a private school? Those kids are still MN kids, most of them still grew up on youth sports in Saint Paul and Minneapolis. So a lot of football players are from the Metro and specifically the Saint Paul and Minneapolis.

I get that. But you were responding to a post regarding how few football players come out of the Metro. What does it matter if they go to a public or a private school? Those kids are still MN kids, most of them still grew up on youth sports in Saint Paul and Minneapolis. So a lot of football players are from the Metro and specifically the Saint Paul and Minneapolis.

I'm not saying it matters. I just don't think about them often when I think of Mpls and St Paul schools. De LaSalle and Cretin have both produced some good D1 talent.

Great- another low 3 star. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

247 Bio

247 Bio

It's nice seeing us recruiting more highly ranked guys than we have in the past but I hope this doesn't turn out like Pitino's first recruiting year where he went all in on a lot of studs and missed on them all.

Totally different, Pitino has only a few spots (2-5) to fill each year, PJF will have about 20. I fully support stepping up the profile of the recruits. You can't claim to be elite if you only offer 2& 3* guys.

Totally different, Pitino has only a few spots (2-5) to fill each year, PJF will have about 20. I fully support stepping up the profile of the recruits. You can't claim to be elite if you only offer 2& 3* guys.

Trust me I agree and I think we land a few of them but all I'm saying is I hope he has backup plans for a lot of these guys as well.

Folks wanted us start hitting up the bigger names, there we go.

Where would I go to look for the top-ranked kids from Minnesota for 2018? I mean like a Top 10 or Top 5. I can't seem to find one on Rivals or Scout.

It's nice seeing us recruiting more highly ranked guys than we have in the past but I hope this doesn't turn out like Pitino's first recruiting year where he went all in on a lot of studs and missed on them all.

Kill and Claeys would offer plenty of highly ranked guys at this time of year as do most programs. We'll see later in the spring and summer if we can actually get visits out of them.

Offers at this point really mean nothing.

They are setting the bar high for themselves, for sure. Fleck said that he expects a top 25 recruiting class for 2018. The current list of players who have received offers is definitely one where that could be a possibility but there will certainly be fierce completion for these players. I'm encouraged by the work the staff has put in so far for the 2017 class on such short notice, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Given a full year to recruit players, they should be able to land several of these guys.

As far as which players they'll be prioritizing, Fleck said in his speech yesterday that they are planning on targeting another 6 DL (both Ends and Tackles) and 3 LB for the 2018 class. My guess is that they are going to plan for more depth in the DB's as well, since his remarks didn't seem too hopeful about the 10 suspended players being back next year, or any time soon for that matter.

Mindset. Not that the Jerry regime didn't have visions of Big Ten titles. But they had a very different recruiting philosophy on how to do it best than PJ has. PJ is talking national titles with Big Ten titles in the path. PJ expects to recruit 4 and 5 star recruits. Tracy didn't see the practicality or possibility of that working here yet. At best Jerry and Tracy hoped they could land a 4 star kid, they didn't believe it as evidenced by the limited numbers they pursued after February/March. It's PJ's dream. It's who and how he intends to accomplish his vision.
PJ has staff people who have only recruited highly rated players....that's who they are used to pursuing. The rest of the staff will follow those who have done it along with PJ's every day energy to get it done. We also have an NFL MVP on staff. Nobody will use the new facilities to greater vision than PJ....he'll convince kids nobody has anything like Minnesota does. He'll make his coaches sound like the best of any staff in the NCAA. He'll convince kids they can be the ones to make a difference in winning the first Big Ten title in 50 years. Why not us? We got this, this and this...we just need you to #RTB.

I would not bet against him. He's publicly thanking administration and the BOR for increased money already. He'll get them excited to spend more too, I'm fairly certain....even if they didn't know they spent X$ already.
The lack of Minnesota kids in 2018 will not make it easy but they find some MN kids in summer camp..hype them up to 3 stars and add a couple, three 4 stars

Oh, it's happening sweetheart!

So you're saying Gophs haven't offered to more highly ranked players in the past?

Top Bottom