Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I've heard it been said this Has to be the best start since Brewsters first year. What DID that class look like anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not as good as this one. He pulled out some late flips, but class turned out to be a disappointment. Maybe use of a helicopter would have helped...

Saw a tweet from Dinardo. What service does he use where we average 2.92 stars even though every recruit is a 3 star. Why would you take into consideration a recruiting service who hasnt even evaluated a player?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Krueger:

This summer is shaping-up to be a big one for Bishop Gorman offensive lineman Jacob Isaia, as he said at the Los Angeles stop of the Rivals Three Stripe Camp presented by Adidas that he has designs of visiting every school that’s offered him.

Following the Rivals Camp two weekends ago, Isaia made visits to Colorado and Minnesota, but said that other programs talking to him most frequently these days also include Kansas State, Michigan State, UCLA, Utah and Washington State.

One of the themes that comes up in various ways with Isaia when talking about his recruitment is the variety of ways he connects himself to each program. While his visit to Minnesota was a good one, he already had a familiar personal tie to the Gophers.

“They have one coach over there that’s a polynesian coach, so I really connect with him and talk to him,” he said. “It (was) just a visit to let them show me what they have. They’ve talked to me about trying to build the program. They have a good run going into next year and I just want to see what they have up there.”

Isaia said that new Minnesota head coach P.J. Fleck has taken a personal interest in his recruitment as well.

“I like how he taking his time to talk to me each day,” he said. “He sends me inspirational quotes or videos of practice, so it’s really nice to have that.”

https://n.rivals.com/news/3-star-ol-jacob-isaia-trying-to-visit-every-school-that-has-offered-him

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I sure hope so, and of course hope all the players play up to (and beyond) their potential as well. But it's going to be a climb to get there, particularly because it's a weak in-state class as far as stars are concerned. If past years are any indication, to reach that top-25 threshold (at least on 247) you need at least five 4*/5* players. We're targeting a bunch (31 in the top target/high choice buckets according to 247) but haven't heard much smoke around those top guys just yet.

I'm happy with what i've seen so far, and tt would be great to have a highly ranked class.

At the same time when the 4s and such start filtering into the usual suspects we're gonna get knocked down, and of course possible decommits and such.

I probably missed it but does anyone know about the recruiting status of Carlos Vettorello? I love his video. He is strong, mean, athletic and aggressive. Would love to add him to this class.

I probably missed it but does anyone know about the recruiting status of Carlos Vettorello? I love his video. He is strong, mean, athletic and aggressive. Would love to add him to this class.

He visited this weekend and we're the assumed favorite.

Not taking too much stock in ratings. Winfield was 15th of 21 in the 2016 class. .8285 rating on 24/7

Not taking too much stock in ratings. Winfield was 15th of 21 in the 2016 class. .8285 rating on 24/7

People outperform/underperform their rating all the but generally speaking higher rated players have a better chance of success. Discrediting an entire system by giving a single example is foolish.

People outperform/underperform their rating all the but generally speaking higher rated players have a better chance of success. Discrediting an entire system by giving a single example is foolish.
Yep. That's the sole, exclusive one. Christ...

Tom Brady is better than Ryan Leaf. Therefore, there is no correlation between the round a player is drafted in and their likelihood of success.

This is the logic you are using.

Someone should of told him not to use a picture with him wearing a UCF jacket.

how many CBs are we expected to sign? already have 2 commits. personally still want Marquis Williams to the U and keep the TC connection going.

Looks like we're getting another commit soon.

Gibson or Henderson?

I really liked Gibson's film. Seems to run solid routes and gets some nice separation. Also made some difficult catches with DBs draped over him.

Gibson or Henderson?

I really liked Gibson's film. Seems to run solid routes and gets some nice separation. Also made some difficult catches with DBs draped over him.

Gibson?

Top Bottom