Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Fleck is making offers to football players who he feels have the appropriate athletic abilities to comprise the 2018 Gopher Football recruiting class.

Let's leave it at that.

Agree thoroughly. I don't get the impatience here. It's not like his recruiting class is like an amusement park where you have to have so many stars to get on a ride. I'm glad he's being aggressive.

Only two predictions so far, both coming from guys with 71% prediction success rates.
You do know how they constantly change their predictions throughout the recruiting season don't you? Not too hard to have a high prediction rate if you follow certain recruits and their visits closely.

Never said I did. I'm not the one making the claim. I know that I don't. He wants to pretend that he has some insider knowledge and that he's blessing us by sharing it.

Lol, I never said anything like that in my comment nor did I say I know how much interest a recruit has in us. But keep on the offensive, please.

For the record, I agree with A_Slab_Of_Bacon in his response and am glad he cleared up the misunderstanding civilly.

Have we had so many "Minnesota University" before? Can they really be that ignorant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of potential Howfers here!

Have we had so many "Minnesota University" before? Can they really be that ignorant?

I took a look at one of the recruit's tweets and he did the same with Colorado. Maybe these guys get too used to the Baylor and Florida State's of the world. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good sign. We are starting to see the very blessed.

Huh? Kill and Claeys both offered plenty of highly sought after recruits. What does that have to do with a culture change?

Definitely a change in recruiting strategy. According to Scout - Kill/Claeys offered an average of 25.5 - 4* prospects/year, and 0.7 - 5* prospects/year from 2011-2016 (average # of offers = 140.5). During that time period they landed 4 - 4* players (Mayes - TX, Jones - MN, Coughlin - MN, Green TX/MN) and no 5* prospects. In 2017 (Claeys/Fleck) there were 35 - 4* prospects offered and 1 - 5* prospect offered (total # of offers = 173). They landed 2 - 4* prospects (Handy-Holly - AL, Andries - MN).

For Fleck in 2018 he has already offered 23 - 4* prospects (none from MN) and 0 - 5* prospects (Total offers = 63). 10 of the prospects that he has offered are unranked yet. Fleck is definitely targeting higher ranked recruits earlier with his offers. It is still really early, the prospect rankings may change, and the coaches seem to just be getting started but this is impressive start. Star ratings are subjective and can be misleading but the fact that Fleck and staff appear to be aiming much higher than Kill/Claeys is what folks on this board tend to get excited about. Not a knock on Kill/Claeys, just a different approach. This all sounds promising but the proof will be if Fleck & Co. can actually start landing some of these higher rated recruits on a consistent basis, but for now I am definitely intrigued with this approach.

Definitely a change in recruiting strategy. According to Scout - Kill/Claeys offered an average of 25.5 - 4* prospects/year, and 0.7 - 5* prospects/year from 2011-2016 (average # of offers = 140.5). During that time period they landed 4 - 4* players (Mayes - TX, Jones - MN, Coughlin - MN, Green TX/MN) and no 5* prospects. In 2017 (Claeys/Fleck) there were 35 - 4* prospects offered and 1 - 5* prospect offered (total # of offers = 173). They landed 2 - 4* prospects (Handy-Holly - AL, Andries - MN).

For Fleck in 2018 he has already offered 23 - 4* prospects (none from MN) and 0 - 5* prospects (Total offers = 63). 10 of the prospects that he has offered are unranked yet. Fleck is definitely targeting higher ranked recruits earlier with his offers. It is still really early, the prospect rankings may change, and the coaches seem to just be getting started but this is impressive start. Star ratings are subjective and can be misleading but the fact that Fleck and staff appear to be aiming much higher than Kill/Claeys is what folks on this board tend to get excited about. Not a knock on Kill/Claeys, just a different approach. This all sounds promising but the proof will be if Fleck & Co. can actually start landing some of these higher rated recruits on a consistent basis, but for now I am definitely intrigued with this approach.

PJ will have the 5th rated class in the Big Ten in 2018. Book it!

Yup, they are all getting very blessed.

We don't need to post specific tweets anymore. Just assume we've offered everyone in the country.

In all seriousness, sounds like we have more unofficial visitors this weekend outside of Ohio QB?

We don't need to post specific tweets anymore. Just assume we've offered everyone in the country.

In all seriousness, sounds like we have more unofficial visitors this weekend outside of Ohio QB?

Anyone behind the scout and or 24/7 pay wall and want to share? Or is that frowned upon here?

Much sadness within the GH community when PJ gets the 2018 5th best class in the Big Ten. Change is coming and the cynics can't stand it. I get Minnesota's brand of negativity but time to get over it. Even Patrick will be writing eloquent prose to salute the newcomers. The bandwagon has passed, many of you will have to sprint to catch it.

Much sadness within the GH community when PJ gets the 2018 5th best class in the Big Ten. Change is coming and the cynics can't stand it. I get Minnesota's brand of negativity but time to get over it. Even Patrick will be writing eloquent prose to salute the newcomers. The bandwagon has passed, many of you will have to sprint to catch it.

I think most people will be happy.....

More of this idea that if someone isn't putting on knee pads for everything PJ says or does then they must want him to fail. I love that.

More of this idea that if someone isn't putting on knee pads for everything PJ says or does then they must want him to fail. I love that.

Not at all, just expressing a prediction.

Also, Goblirsch hinting at something on his twitter but its behind pay wall.

What the hell are you even talking about? What a nonsensical garbage post.

Top Bottom