Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Mark my words. Someday Zack Annexstad might be a future Gophers coach long after his playing days are over. He is a homer.

Or at least a lead recruiter at this point.

Gophers' class currently sits at Natl Rank: 32 , Big-Ten Rank: 6 , and Avg Rating: 0.8556
With a couple more 4 star pickups this weekend possible could we see a finish around 30?

To recruit good players?
I hope other teams don't catch on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evidently this is something new here at Minnesota.

I know we like to stick with tradition when we can, but traditionally we haven't landed guys like this.

I wonder if any Universities are going to get caught flat-footed on this early signing day.

I can think of a few:

Tennessee
Oregon
UCF
Ole Miss

Florida seems to be losing guys quickly as well

Oregon is going to be absolutely devastated having 3 coaches in 1 calendar year

Gophers' class currently sits at Natl Rank: 32 , Big-Ten Rank: 6 , and Avg Rating: 0.8556
With a couple more 4 star pickups this weekend possible could we see a finish around 30?

Teams with a composite score around 200 have landed around 35-40 in the past few years. With two more four stars we should be right around there.

I can think of a few:

Tennessee
Oregon
UCF
Ole Miss

We had 3 in 2 and expectations didn't change for some.... I'm sure Oregon fans will be real rational with their expectations of the new head coach.

I can think of a few:

Tennessee
Oregon
UCF
Ole Miss

Coaching changes always throw a wrench in recruiting, early signing day or not.

STrib: Gophers to host 6-8, 400-pound tackle during key recruiting weekend

This weekend, the Gophers will have two offensive linemen from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., make their official visits during Minnesota’s “eLITe18Palooza’’ recruiting event.

One of those linemen, Curtis Dunlap, is 6-4 and 368 pounds.

He’s the small one.

The other, Daniel Faalele, is 6-8 and 400 pounds.

Faalele, rated as a three-star offensive tackle by recruiting-focused website 247Sports.com, announced via Twitter that he will visit the Gophers this weekend. The Melbourne, Australia, native is relatively new to football, enrolling at IMG Academy in 2016 and playing varsity football for the first time this fall. Faalele (pronounced Fah-ah-LAY-lay) has been featured in Sports Illustrated, ESPN and USA Today.

Faalele’s scholarship offers include big-name programs such as Michigan, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn. He is ranked the 27th-best offensive tackle in the recruiting Class of 2018 by 247Sports, and he made an unofficial visit to the Gophers in March, when he received an offer.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ckle-during-key-recruiting-weekend/462560153/

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Gophers to host 6-8, 400-pound tackle during key recruiting weekend

This weekend, the Gophers will have two offensive linemen from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., make their official visits during Minnesota’s “eLITe18Palooza’’ recruiting event.

One of those linemen, Curtis Dunlap, is 6-4 and 368 pounds.

He’s the small one.

The other, Daniel Faalele, is 6-8 and 400 pounds.

Faalele, rated as a three-star offensive tackle by recruiting-focused website 247Sports.com, announced via Twitter that he will visit the Gophers this weekend. The Melbourne, Australia, native is relatively new to football, enrolling at IMG Academy in 2016 and playing varsity football for the first time this fall. Faalele (pronounced Fah-ah-LAY-lay) has been featured in Sports Illustrated, ESPN and USA Today.

Faalele’s scholarship offers include big-name programs such as Michigan, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama and Auburn. He is ranked the 27th-best offensive tackle in the recruiting Class of 2018 by 247Sports, and he made an unofficial visit to the Gophers in March, when he received an offer.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...ckle-during-key-recruiting-weekend/462560153/

Go Gophers!!

Awful!!! Waste of $$

eLITe18Palooza may be the dumbest name I have ever seen anything called.

eLITe18Palooza may be the dumbest name I have ever seen anything called.

1. They can call it anything they want if it lands us a bunch of great recruits.
2. Yeah, it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

With the two scholies remaining, that may go to Dunlop and Faalele should they say yes to the Gophers. If these two say yes, that will give us six OLs in this class.

Can they then pursue JUCO Jason Dixon or Randon Haynes with a 2017 scholie if any of those players transfer or leave the team for other reasons? Can they fill up any of the decimated 2015 class who are leaving (Register, Waters, Still)or have left the team via transfer or medical reasons (Nick Connelly)?

If they are inviting mystery guests, either they are backups or have somehow figured out a way to add additional players without impunity. There must ongoing dialogue between the U and the NCAA.

How far below the max 85 scholies are they with all the recent transfers and/or retirement from football?

The brave and loyal Sir Spoofin continues his crusade. Whatever the f*** it is. Oh, yes, to shed light on all of PJ's transgressions and to respond to every slight. Over and over and over and over ...

I said PJ was recruiting good players in the post you quoted. You make zero sense, but got to use your super funny crusade term again - so kudos for that.

I said PJ was recruiting good players in the post you quoted. You make zero sense, but got to use your super funny crusade term again - so kudos for that.

You were the one who originally said you were on some sort of crusade

Or at least a lead recruiter at this point.

There are worse things in the world than suddenly have an in at IMG. That's a pipeline I'll support. Looking at the offensive line that group is sending off this year I can't fathom them not running for 500 yards a game versus high schools.

He wasn't, actually. Someone else accused him of being on a crusade, and he ran with it in his tongue-in-cheek style.

First time I saw it was when he responded to me saying it. But I don’t read every one of Spoofins repetitive, negative posts so I could have missed it.

Who is getting our 3 January enrollment scholarships besides VV? Can Dickson get one? We sure could use him. He is the closest to being ready to play.

There's no doubt he's a really good FB player. I guess he could drop 60-80 lbs...would not call that easy though. Just curious if Fleck or O-line coach might have different thoughts having seen the D-lines of the B1G. This is a road-grader type guy that JK/TC would look to recruit.

How many of those did we actually have, or panned out, during the Kill/Claeys era? Two?

Who is getting our 3 January enrollment scholarships besides VV? Can Dickson get one? We sure could use him. He is the closest to being ready to play.

Manns, Boe, VV, Rush, AR, Annexstead are all enrolling early

Early enrollment is key to programs. You list 6. Do 3 of the 6 make 28 total available this year? I do not know if we meet the conditions to use the 3 extra this year.

Good thing it isn't for you.

True that. If PJ was recruiting some dude in his 40s, who wasn't the greatest athlete even in his prime, we would have some major issues.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom