Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Stipend check is issued by University and can be used however the athlete wants to. It's in addition to tuition/books/room/board money. Most schools in B1G are in $2,000-$3,000 range. Started in 2015-16.

"Walking around" money... incidentals.

Schools are allowed to pay for the full cost of attendance. When you add, tuition, room and board, books and fees, it's less than the full cost of attendance so a stipend check is issued for the difference.

Schools are allowed to pay for the full cost of attendance. When you add, tuition, room and board, books and fees, it's less than the full cost of attendance so a stipend check is issued for the difference.

Seems like a big loop hole here. What keeps schools from issuing $20,000 checks to supposedly cover all sorts of costs (clothes, travel to and from home, a computer, cellphone, etc.)?

Seems like a big loop hole here. What keeps schools from issuing $20,000 checks to supposedly cover all sorts of costs (clothes, travel to and from home, a computer, cellphone, etc.)?

NCAA has rules for everything.

Shoots...I was hoping for more updated information on recruits.

Shoots...I was hoping for more updated information on recruits.

Aren't the Gophers done with 2018 recruiting even if someone decides to transfer after Spring Semester?

Aren't the Gophers done with 2018 recruiting even if someone decides to transfer after Spring Semester?

I was looking for information on our current recruits as to current happenings. However I see that the people who appear to know everything are still trying to side track this thread.

I was looking for information on our current recruits as to current happenings. However I see that the people who appear to know everything are still trying to side track this thread.

This is an odd comment.

There was a blip in an article about a 2018 recruit than another Gopherholer asked a question about and to which another Gopherholer responded cordially. I can see why that annoyed you.

This is an odd comment.

There was a blip in an article about a 2018 recruit than another Gopherholer asked a question about and to which another Gopherholer responded cordially. I can see why that annoyed you.

Also possibly one more player coming possibly if someone leaves as indicated by another thread. It ain't over until the fat lady sings Bob.

I saw this morning that Nebraska is now the top class in the West and #24 overall on 247. Not a bad start for Frost and company.

We aren't done dropping so we might as well get over it now. I only really look at the player score average and it shows several teams with stronger averages below us still filling out rosters.

Either way we are up from the past and hopefully beginning a continued upward climb.

We may not be done dropping in overall ranking, but we should be set with our 7th ranking in the Big Ten.

We may not be done dropping in overall ranking, but we should be set with our 7th ranking in the Big Ten.
Also, since basically all of our commits signed early, they have more time to get acclimated with their teammates and how we do things. And probably (just a guess) have access to tutors and AP classes and stuff.

This gopher class is pretty exciting nonetheless.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Also, since basically all of our commits signed early, they have more time to get acclimated with their teammates and how we do things. And probably (just a guess) have access to tutors and AP classes and stuff.

This gopher class is pretty exciting nonetheless.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I believe six of 26 enrolled early, so don't know how much that will be an impact.

I saw this morning that Nebraska is now the top class in the West and #24 overall on 247. Not a bad start for Frost and company.

Pretty inline with recruiting the past 2 years, so I'm not super surprised. I think he'll be a way better coach than the previous one, but I think his hiring negated any drop in recruiting score that the last season would've had. I'd be looking at 2019 for them, his goal is probably to break top 20.

Daniel Faalele got a bump in his Rivals rating. Went from low 4 star 5.8 to a mid 4 star 5.9. 247 Composite went from 0.8858 to 0.9008.

Ronnie Audette the OL from Elk River is visiting Oregon State and Missouri before signing day. It will be interesting to see where he ends up. An example of someone that waited past early signing and likely ends up signing with a P5 school.

Daniel Faalele got a bump in his Rivals rating. Went from low 4 star 5.8 to a mid 4 star 5.9. 247 Composite went from 0.8858 to 0.9008.

Ratings only get bumped when players commit to helmet schools, so clearly you're mistaken.

Interesting fun fact I learned about Zack and Brock Annexstad is that they are related to Sam Dekker the former Badger and NBA talent. Actually more closely related than yo the Federated Insurance Annexstad.

Top Bottom