Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Wouldn't the correct starting point be the very first time he was rated? What else would be the starting point? If you can provide evidence that his composite rating has gone down since he was first rated, please do so, by all means. Thanks in advance for your worthless ad hominem post.
Dude, have a drink.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I suppose the HATS gamers better pay attention to see if their spot is still available. Also, they better be sure that there are no last minute hiccups like meeting all admissions and eligibility requirements. Otherwise, they may have to go JUCO for a year.

Does anybody know if there are large differences in admissions standards for football at other schools in different conferences? I suppose the NCAA eligibility requirements are uniform across the board.

I glad PJ Fleck resisted the temptation to burn a few more red shirts to earn possibly an extra victory. Going to a bowl would be nice for the seniors, but what is more critical is buttoning up the 2018 recruiting class and making a huge jump start into the 2019 recruiting.

Did they burn Balise Andries' red shirt?

Wins and bowl games are always far more important than some perceived hypothetical margin gained in recruiting. That being said, I don't believe any of the players redshirted in 2017 would've helped win any additional games.

Interested to see how that plays out. I know he had a ton of interest in Nebraska when Riley was still there. Iowa seems to be the favorite with Wisconsin jumping in the picture late.

He currently has OVs scheduled to Iowa, Illinois and Indiana. Maybe he likes the letter I.

Dude, have a drink.

I definitely enjoy an alcoholic beverage on occasion, but I don't know what that has to do with anything I posted.

Why are you posting your snarky and oh-so-clever remark at me and not at the person who attacked me out of nowhere for no reason?

All I know is as of a couple days ago, AR was the 4th highest rated recruit on our board and has since jumped to third. His score went up as well as a 100+ spot jump in his national ranking. Just want to throw out some props to him.

All I know is as of a couple days ago, AR was the 4th highest rated recruit on our board and has since jumped to third. His score went up as well as a 100+ spot jump in his national ranking. Just want to throw out some props to him.

Reigelsperger’s 247 rating started this week at 85 then dropped to an 81 then apparently do to some 247 staffers feeling he should be rated significantly higher they settled in the middle at 84.

The jump from 81 back to 84 is likely what you are detailing.

Reigelsperger’s 247 rating started this week at 85 then dropped to an 81 then apparently do to some 247 staffers feeling he should be rated significantly higher they settled in the middle at 84.

The jump from 81 back to 84 is likely what you are detailing.

I'm going by his composite.

So is AR getting better or worse? I'm confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's following the PJ model of getting worse before getting better

I think the current change in ratings can best be describe by the PJ statement of "failing equals growth".

He either recently failed and grew, or he just failed now, and growth will happen.

Not sure which, but both are good news.

And everything I detailed affects his composite.

Reigelsperger is rated a 5.6 on Rivals, 84 on 247. Mid three star. ESPN rates him an 83 4 Star.

Not many put as much credence into ESPN ratings as the other two but it’s still a semi-free country. ESPN of course rates their 3 stars from 70-79 and their 4 stars from 80-89.

His composite is .8810 which would be a higher three star. 247 rates their three stars from 80-89.

Reigelsperger is rated a 5.6 on Rivals, 84 on 247. Mid three star. ESPN rates him an 83 4 Star.

Not many put as much credence into ESPN ratings as the other two but it’s still a semi-free country. ESPN of course rates their 3 stars from 70-79 and their 4 stars from 80-89.

His composite is .8810 which would be a higher three star. 247 rates their three stars from 80-89.

And as I always like to say. He's the same kid. So you can rate him whatever you want but it doesn't change who he is or how he'll do here. So I just like to think that someone that knows something saw him, thought he might have some skills and that's all I need to know. We'll see how good he is soon enough since we have no defensive linemen.

And as I always like to say. He's the same kid. So you can rate him whatever you want but it doesn't change who he is or how he'll do here. So I just like to think that someone that knows something saw him, thought he might have some skills and that's all I need to know. We'll see how good he is soon enough since we have no defensive linemen.

We don't care about the kids around here, it's all about the rankings.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Faalele as well. Brings them to just over 204 on 24/7, up to 26th ranked class!

Wooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooo!!!! PJ is building something special here! Welcome IMG Academy and can’t wait for the journey ahead!

Wonder who #3 is gonna be.

My hunch is the Baylor kid... how could you.not want to run behind that wall...

I'll admit whole heartily I can be the biggest homer but I am more than excited for next year... we've got one of the best OL coaches in the country... something special is cooking at the u

Anyone concerned that nobody (especially Gobie) have predicted Bateman to Minnesota?

Anyone concerned that nobody (especially Gobie) have predicted Bateman to Minnesota?

Bateman sent a tweet or something a week ago saying he was shutting down recruiting and that was it. Doesn't mean he can't change his mind, but I'm not worried.

Bateman was a relative unknown before the staff offered him and he committed. That's why there weren't any predictions for him. He's firmly a Gopher.

I would venture to think that all of PJ Fleck's commitment will remain solid and virtually will sign early except for last minute additions if there are any.

Bateman was a relative unknown before the staff offered him and he committed. That's why there weren't any predictions for him. He's firmly a Gopher.

Right. But Gobie predicts everyone, even walk-ons, hence why I think it is odd.

Top Bottom