Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

How do I want to see the 2018 Recruiting Class finish out?

1> Sign one or two game changer players for whatever scholies are available. Someone like a Maxx Williams, an Eric Decker, a legitimate 4* OL, or a 4* DB.
2> Keep our commitments solid and LOI signed.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I believe his brother Brock was a 2017 PWO WR.

Are both brothers originally from Minnesota? I don't understand the connection to the area.

How do I want to see the 2018 Recruiting Class finish out?

1> Sign one or two game changer players for whatever scholies are available. Someone like a Maxx Williams, an Eric Decker, a legitimate 4* OL, or a 4* DB.
2> Keep our commitments solid and LOI signed.

A legitimate 4* De or Dt would be huge IMO.

I believe his brother Brock was a 2017 PWO WR.

Are both brothers originally from Minnesota? I don't understand the connection to the area.

Yes, they are from Norseland, MN which St Peter school district. However they went to Mankato West until a year ago.

He does not have any reported Power 5 scholarship offers, so I'm not sure what Burns is talking about. Nonetheless, getting someone with a Cincinnati offer to walk on here has to be unprecedented in terms of quality of other offers.

He does not have any reported Power 5 scholarship offers, so I'm not sure what Burns is talking about. Nonetheless, getting someone with a Cincinnati offer to walk on here has to be unprecedented in terms of quality of other offers.

Originally from the Mankato area; brother of 2017 walkon Brock Annexstad.

Wonder how he would've developed if he'd stayed in a MN hs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

2018 QB commit Brennan Armstrong back from suspension. 6 tds in first game back. 4 rushing, 2 passing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Go Gophers!!

2018 QB commit Brennan Armstrong back from suspension. 6 tds in first game back. 4 rushing, 2 passing.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

16 carries for 117 yards, 4 TDs
11 of 13 passing for 178 yards, 2 TDs

He was at someone's house and there was alcohol brought there and the school system said that he didn't leave the property at a reasonable time after the alcohol showed up. That is coming from a very reliable source

He was at someone's house and there was alcohol brought there and the school system said that he didn't leave the property at a reasonable time after the alcohol showed up. That is coming from a very reliable source

As in a party? Got to think he's been at many houses where there is alcohol present...

A lot of schools use the "guilt by association" approach with alcohol. If you're at a party, and there's booze there, you're supposed to leave immediately. If you don't leave, you're considered guilty by association. Obviously, this does not mean going out to dinner with your parents, and they have some wine. But if you're hanging out at a buddy's house, and he pulls out some beer or liquor, you have to leave or, as far as the school is concerned, you are just as guilty as the kids who are actually drinking. same thing with pot. If your buddy is toking up, you are supposed to leave.

I was at a party in HS once with beer too. When discovered, the story I told my parents sounded very similar to that of this reliable source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rashod Bateman's midway through the season highlights:

There's a lot to like about the trio of WRs we are bringing in. Bateman's got tremendous speed and should be a deep threat as soon as he steps on campus. Manns is a bit of a do it all slot receiver. Gibson should be a physical short to intermediate receiver in the Tyler Johnson mold. We still haven't seen Autumn-Bell yet. The future of the position seems pretty bright.

If that rule were in place at my school back in the day not a single starter on our football team would have made it to game 2.

I was at a party in HS once with beer too. When discovered, the story I told my parents sounded very similar to that of this reliable source.

I hereby suspend you from GopherHole.

A lot of schools use the "guilt by association" approach with alcohol. If you're at a party, and there's booze there, you're supposed to leave immediately. If you don't leave, you're considered guilty by association. Obviously, this does not mean going out to dinner with your parents, and they have some wine. But if you're hanging out at a buddy's house, and he pulls out some beer or liquor, you have to leave or, as far as the school is concerned, you are just as guilty as the kids who are actually drinking. same thing with pot. If your buddy is toking up, you are supposed to leave.

Have always thought that was a dumb rule, but just about every HS I know of has it. Some HS kids are gonna drink. It is what it is. To me the dumb thing about it is that it could potentially remove sober drivers from the equation.

Rashod Bateman's midway through the season highlights:

There's a lot to like about the trio of WRs we are bringing in. Bateman's got tremendous speed and should be a deep threat as soon as he steps on campus. Manns is a bit of a do it all slot receiver. Gibson should be a physical short to intermediate receiver in the Tyler Johnson mold. We still haven't seen Autumn-Bell yet. The future of the position seems pretty bright.

I wouldn't worry about these highlights. It is only half way through the season. He will mature and our coaches will coach him up too.

Brother of Gopher DB Chris Williamson.

If that rule were in place at my school back in the day not a single starter on our football team would have made it to game 2.

It always help us that the Sheriffs sons were the biggest partiers. Had the police radio at the party...mostly drinking in corn fields and **** like that.

Top Bottom