Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Gophers had offered:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

What happens to our team ranking if Mayfield flips to Mich?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gophers had offered:

Go Gophers!!

Well, we can't get everyone we offered.

Time will tell if Ed Warinner can effectively recruit from Minnesota even with his national reputation as an O-Line coach. It is tough to go against legacy big name schools like Michigan, Ohio State, and Notre Dame...

Mayfield may be a goner if Michigan offers.

You mean Ed is gonna kill him?

Damn Ed.....

Time will tell if Ed Warinner can effectively recruit from Minnesota even with his national reputation as an O-Line coach. It is tough to go against legacy big name schools like Michigan, Ohio State, and Notre Dame...

Damn Ed.....

Gophers had offered:

Go Gophers!!

Seriously, does Wisky use extra small numbers on its linemen's jerseys?

Damn Ed.....
You just inspired the Cohn Brothers. PJ will play himself cause no one else could and he likes being himself. Who plays the rejected recruiter turned hitman? I like J.K. Simmons.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Fantastic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Congrats Nolan!

You should convince your team mates Oyenmwen Uzebou (OT 6' 6" 288 lbs) and Jaycee Horn (CB 6' 0" 174 lbs) to come and join you with the Gophers!

Now, we'd like to see what Wyatt Blake decides soon.

Pioneer Press: Gophers football on pace for top recruiting class

With six commitments, the Gophers football team is off to a good start to reach new head coach P.J. Fleck’s goal of having the 2018 recruiting class ranked in the top 25.

Including Wednesday’s addition of Georgia running back Nolan Edmonds, Minnesota’s class ranks 14th the nation and fifth in the Big Ten, according to early marks given by 247sports.com. The Gophers are looking up at Penn State (2nd), Ohio State (9th), Wisconsin (11th) and Northwestern (13th), the recruiting web site said.

Elsewhere, rivals.com has the Gophers’ group of six, three-star recruits at No. 16 in the nation. Scout.com has Minnesota tied for 32nd in the country, but hadn’t yet adjusted for Edmonds as of Thursday afternoon. ESPN has yet to rank the 2018 recruiting classes.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/17/gophers-football-on-pace-for-top-recruiting-class/

Go Gophers!!

What is ESPN waiting for? Don't they think this is important in March?

I'm not a recruiting fanatic but my understanding is the rankings are very heavily influenced by number of players committed rather than simply their average star or proprietary score. So unless we can project with accuracy how many players each team will sign (we can't) wouldn't it be better to just look at average stars or score of players committed? After signing day the final rankings could be released that take into account class size.

It's just a little misleading to say team X is ranked in the top 20 simply because they have signed a lot of players, regardless of talent. Rant off.

I'm not a recruiting fanatic but my understanding is the rankings are very heavily influenced by number of players committed rather than simply their average star or proprietary score. So unless we can project with accuracy how many players each team will sign (we can't) wouldn't it be better to just look at average stars or score of players committed? After signing day the final rankings could be released that take into account class size.

It's just a little misleading to say team X is ranked in the top 20 simply because they have signed a lot of players, regardless of talent. Rant off.

You sound like a recruiting fanatic.

I just find it odd our class is ranked higher than Mich State, Michigan, Nebraska even though they each have a couple 4 stars and will likely fill out their classes with at least our (currently recruited) level of players. Ideally PJ will start signing some higher-ranked guys and we can maintain our 5th ranked spot on NSD. Not a criticism of PJ just incredulous at the obsession with recruiting rankings. The good news is that he has some interest from higher ranked guys whereas in the past it was not that common to get visits.

What is ESPN waiting for? Don't they think this is important in March?

They don't matter in January or February to you either so I don't get your point.

They don't matter in January or February to you either so I don't get your point.

More importantly, they matter to Mark Coyle.

Even you JB likely understand how silly team recruiting rankings are in March when teams have just a handful of recruits.

Even you JB likely understand how silly team recruiting rankings are in March when teams have just a handful of recruits.

Give it a rest Spoofin.

Give it a rest Spoofin.

I responded to a post directed at me. Clearly JB wanted to hear my thoughts. Why else would he have asked?

But you also say they don't matter when most teams have 15-20 commits. Just trying to get some consistency out of you. Have a good day!

Top Bottom