Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I'm guessing his seconds thoughts have to do with the two 4* corners we're recently interested in. Just saying...

There's been whispers for a while that a DB commit (wasn't specified which one) wasn't going to make it academically. Those rumors have been swirling since early November for what it's worth

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

per Greder:

After committing to Michigan, redshirting at Cal and then transferring to Riverside, how much drive do you have to prove you can play at this level?

Just going through all of that and then going back to being a juco guy and not being on scholarship and not getting the things that a Division I player would get, it gave me the drive to get back out and earn that scholarship again.

Walk me through your initial recruiting process and what happened with Michigan?

I’m blessed to have gotten offers out of high school. I have Pac-12 schools, Big Ten. I had quite a bit, so I’m honored to do that.

I committed to Michigan. I thought that was the right fit with coach (Jim) Harbaugh. The energy, I loved everything about the program, but Cal offered me and that was the last trip I took. With my family, we decided that was the best opportunity at that time.

Did Michigan want you to play quarterback? Was a possible position switch a part of your decision?

No, they wanted me to play quarterback, coach Harbaugh said. It’s just that I thought I had a better opportunity at Cal. (That’s what) me and my family thought. Jared Goff was leaving (and is now with Los Angeles Rams), so we thought that was better opportunity. Michigan is a very high academic school as well, but Cal is also a good academic school. … It seemed like a win-win with whatever decision I made at the time

What impressed you during your visit to the Gophers?

I live like 45 minutes from L.A., so the city is similar. Not as crowded as L.A. … Being around the facilities (the new indoor practice facility at the Larson Football Performance Center). It was not even fully done yet, and it was just jaw-dropping, so I liked that.

Tell me about your tattoos.

I have half a sleeve (a lion head on his left arm) and a cross on my back. Being a kid, always growing up watching the animal channel, I like how lions are so close to their pack and how they hunt in a pack. I like that mentality that they bring. It sticks out to me.

The cross must signify your religious beliefs.

Yeah, that is the thing that I liked about coach Fleck as well. ‘Row the Boat’ is a very spiritual thing, the way he explained it.

Are we going to see your long hair flowing out of the helmet next fall?

Yes, sir. (Laughs.) That’s the plan.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/0...ramontes-bringing-fire-tats-and-lots-of-hair/

Go Gophers!!

ole miss got hammered today with sanctions, including "The school will not be eligible to play in a bowl game in 2018, and its seniors will be able to transfer from the school without penalty." haven't heard of any players with interest in ice fishing though. did think it was interesting that this hit before the December 20 signing date

ole miss got hammered today with sanctions, including "The school will not be eligible to play in a bowl game in 2018, and its seniors will be able to transfer from the school without penalty." haven't heard of any players with interest in ice fishing though. did think it was interesting that this hit before the December 20 signing date

We'll take any help at OL or DB. Looks like they have a couple of OL that will be seniors that have played significant roles. Doubt if PJ would go for a 1-year player though.

Since they can't go bowling next year it only makes sense they would want to come here.

I'm willing to take that trade. He need to eat a few sandwiches but that's a talent upgrade I think we can afford to make.....

I personally don't see a whole star of difference between these two players.

Those ratings have degrees of freedom. The real stuff comes in the first few practices when they find out how better, bigger, faster, and stronger the players he is practicing with are in college than in HS.

When they get their first real thumping, reality bites.

When they get their first welcome, hopefully some of these highly touted kids are legit instead of a Hayo mirage.

Any word on RB Craig Williams, the current Baylor commit after the Gopher coaches' in home visit?

Any word on RB Craig Williams, the current Baylor commit after the Gopher coaches' in home visit?

He'll be on campus on the 8th. Don't think there's much to talk about before then. He's quite an electrifying player, though, and would be a great get.

He's not listed on the OV list. I'd pick the Gophers over the former Art Briles sex scandal ruined 1-11 team.

He's not listed on the OV list. I'd pick the Gophers over the former Art Briles sex scandal ruined 1-11 team.

Especially considering there appears to be questions about Shannon Brooks future here and with Smith being a senior next year there are carries to be had. I would rather have my carries be on a 5-7 team with a new coach than on a 1-11 club.....but that's me

If you look at the offers Craig Williams has it is pretty clear he doesn't care about 2017 records. Otherwise he wouldn't be considering Baylor or Minnesota.

Does he want to play closer to home, or will he be excited about Gopher Football during and after his visit? The trick is getting him here and having PJ Fleck and the coaches do the selling.

He's got speed, good hips, and vision. He can shift gears and juke, and great straight away speed. I think he would great as a punt returner. Imagine him catching a pass from Viramontes and running. He'll be an excellent RB with pass receiving threat.

[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2530474/599acec10dca790ca0cca870[/video]

If you look at the offers Craig Williams has it is pretty clear he doesn't care about 2017 records. Otherwise he wouldn't be considering Baylor or Minnesota.

Most recruits don't care about first year records of a new coaching staff.

Does he want to play closer to home, or will he be excited about Gopher Football in his visit? The trick is getting him here and having PJ Fleck and the coaches do the selling.

He's got speed, good hips, and vision. He can shift gears and juke, and great straight away speed. I think he would great as a punt returner. Imagine him catching the ball and running.

[video]https://www.hudl.com/video/3/2530474/599acec10dca790ca0cca870[/video]

That kid would probably be the fastest in the history of the program...

We've seen what JD Spielman did with his speed as a WR for Nebraska. I think this kid is more of a versatile threat as a running back who can catch passes and return punts. If all the incoming WRs are as good as advertised, the Gopher are amassing quite an offensive upgrade on paper.

He fits right into the offensive scheme that PJ Fleck ran at WMU with hopefully much better talent.

The clock that someone used to time Hayo was broken. It was running faster than him.

Top Bottom