Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Reigelsperger visiting this weekend.

Awesome news, although I'm not going to get too excited about the class until signing day.

I'm sure there will be more flips to come either direction.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Reigelsperger visiting this weekend.
He looks pretty solid. He'd be a nice addition.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/video/3/6459399/59bb4d910660a635c440d944' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

per Greder:

OHIO RECRUIT VISITS

Higher-profile high school recruit Alex Reigelsperger made an unofficial visit to the Gophers on Saturday.

“Setting sail for Minnesota! Here I come!!” Reigelsperger tweeted early Saturday morning.

Reigelsperger, a 6-foot-3 and 247-pound defensive end from Dayton, Ohio, is a four-star recruit in the 2018 class, with .872 rating, according to 247sports.com. He is considered the 14th best defensive end in this recruiting class, according to ESPN.

Reigelsperger de-committed from Kentucky on Monday and has about 20 offers, including Wisconsin, Iowa and others.

If Reigelsperger gave an oral commitment to Minnesota, he would be the highest-rated recruit in the Gophers’ incoming class. Among the current 22 pledges, Chicago defense tackle Elijah Teague (.868) and Shelby, Ohio quarterback Brennan Armstrong (.861) are the top two.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/14/higher-profile-recruit-from-ohio-visits-gophers/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Any word on the Alex Reigelsperger visit this weekend?

JUCO OL.

Becoming very apparent they want to grab multiple JUCO OL. Offered what, like 4 in the past 2 weeks or so?

Go Gophers!!

Does anyone know how many scholies are available now?

What positions would you like to see filled with the remaining scholies? SDE, WDE, OT, OG, S, CB, TE, LB, etc... in order of priority.

Or just any 4/4+ Star athlete that remained uncommitted or decommits who suddenly do not have a landing spot.

"Hayo Carpenters" are excluded please. Sometimes you'd want to consider available blue chip athletes regardless of position of need when they fall off somebody's apple tree.

Pipe dreaming is good in the land where hope springs eternal.

Does anyone know how many scholies are available now?

What positions would you like to see filled with the remaining scholies? SDE, WDE, OT, OG, S, CB, TE, LB, etc... in order of priority.

Or just any 4/4+ Star athlete that remained uncommitted or decommits who suddenly do not have a landing spot.

"Hayo Carpenters" are excluded please. Sometimes you'd want to consider available blue chip athletes regardless of position of need when they fall off somebody's apple tree.

Pipe dreaming is good in the land where hope springs eternal.

The staff seems to be reaching out and offering some more OL help as of late. Some JUCO guys and maybe a high school OL? I may be wrong but that seems to be the position group they’re focusing on for their remaining spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone questioned Fleck's recruiting ability, we currently have the 33rd ranked class in the country which is a whole 13 spots higher than ANY Kill/Claeys class!! I know it is tough but give him some time, when these players become upperclassmen we will have something special on our hands.

If anyone questioned Fleck's recruiting ability, we currently have the 33rd ranked class in the country which is a whole 13 spots higher than ANY Kill/Claeys class!! I know it is tough but give him some time, when these players become upperclassmen we will have something special on our hands.

Check back after national signing day in February and compare where it ranks against ANY Kill/Claeys class!! My guess is we will end up in the 45 range, slightly higher than the average Kill class and about on par with the one class for which Claeys was the head coach.

Check back after national signing day in February and compare where it ranks against ANY Kill/Claeys class!! My guess is we will end up in the 45 range, slightly higher than the average Kill class and about on par with the one class for which Claeys was the head coach.

The average Kill class was in the high 50s. Half were in the 60s.

New PWO:

Go Gophers!!

Gopher Recruiting By Year:

Year--#Recruits---Nat'l Rank---BT Rank---Avg Rating
2014-------21-----------57------------11----------.8310
2015-------24-----------63------------13----------.8314
2016-------21-----------46------------08----------.8391
2017-------26-----------59------------12----------.8324
2018-------23-----------35------------08----------.8453

It is good to see that the average recruits ratings went up each year.

The questions is, how the Gophers B1G West rivals did each year and how the Gophers compare in 2018.

I'd take a 2018 class in the 40s which probably where they will end up. The 2019 recruiting class and the next two are the ones to watch to see if RTB will do its magic.

Will the trend go up? I certainly hope so, or we will be chasing another pipe dream forever 4th/5th in the B1G West.

Top Bottom