Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

It's obvious but really impressed with how many guys it looks like we'll have taking unofficials this spring. To see guys pay their own way here really shows some nice groundwork

I agree. I think it means we have some buzz and that may have a ripple effect to get more high profile recruits looking at the program. You can't get them to sign if you can't get them on campus.

I agree. I think it means we have some buzz and that may have a ripple effect to get more high profile recruits looking at the program. You can't get them to sign if you can't get them on campus.

And you can't get them to campus without an offer in most cases, hence the wide net.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

And you can't get them to campus without an offer in most cases, hence the wide net.

Precisely. For all his energy, Brewster couldn't get a lot of his high-profile targets to visit. You have to offer in hopes of a visit and it's my guess Fleck can sell the importance of a visit to a lot of these guys. It's about creating legitimate buzz. Whether or not the buzz leads to anything tangible remains to be seen. But if you can't create some buzz, you'll be pushing a rope.

Precisely. For all his energy, Brewster couldn't get a lot of his high-profile targets to visit. You have to offer in hopes of a visit and it's my guess Fleck can sell the importance of a visit to a lot of these guys. It's about creating legitimate buzz. Whether or not the buzz leads to anything tangible remains to be seen. But if you can't create some buzz, you'll be pushing a rope.

Is that because Brewster wasn't offering for some reason?

That doesn't make much sense...

<iframe class="twofourseven-embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameborder="0" width="600" height="200" src="http://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Greg-Newsome-at-Glenbard-North-191286/Embed"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/Shared/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Greg Newsome
has been confirmed to be coming this weekend. This would be a huge get.

<iframe class="twofourseven-embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameborder="0" width="600" height="200" src="http://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Dashon-Bussell-at-Bishop-Luers-170702/Embed"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/Shared/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dashon Bussell, who is in the Scout300, is also coming this weekend.

Couldn't have picked a better weekend, weather-wise. It's going to be in the mid-50s on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

FWIW, I think I read that this is the first of two junior days that Fleck will be hosting. Looks like a decent list of attendees for this one, hope we can reel some in to start building the core of this class.

Couldn't have picked a better weekend, weather-wise. It's going to be in the mid-50s on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

FWIW, I think I read that this is the first of two junior days that Fleck will be hosting. Looks like a decent list of attendees for this one, hope we can reel some in to start building the core of this class.

Yeah word on the street is the second junior day is going to be a big time one. Bigger names than this weekend. I don't know when it is though

Yeah word on the street is the second junior day is going to be a big time one. Bigger names than this weekend. I don't know when it is though

You're right, the date of the second one hasn't been announced yet though.

These aren't the winters you're looking for...

5125138.gif

You're right, the date of the second one hasn't been announced yet though.

I'm assuming they'll try and line it up with something like spring breaks (obviously not everyone has the same one) or maybe even the spring game? Not sure if they can line that up with NCAA rules or anything but potentially

I'm assuming they'll try and line it up with something like spring breaks (obviously not everyone has the same one) or maybe even the spring game? Not sure if they can line that up with NCAA rules or anything but potentially

I think around the spring game would be difficult being that it's the Easter Holiday weekend, but it would be a logical time to do it.

Is this true? Honest question. I seem to recall Kill/Claeys offering a number of folks during or after their OV. I wonder how many kids 'require' an offer before they will visit. Maybe the 4/5 star guys? I wonder if that stat is out there.

<iframe class="twofourseven-embed" style="max-width: 100%" frameborder="0" width="600" height="200" src="http://247sports.com/PlayerSport/Dashon-Bussell-at-Bishop-Luers-170702/Embed"></iframe><script async src="https://assets.247sports.com/Scripts/Shared/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Dashon Bussell, who is in the Scout300, is also coming this weekend.

Interesting discrepancy between scouting services.

Is this true? Honest question. I seem to recall Kill/Claeys offering a number of folks during or after their OV. I wonder how many kids 'require' an offer before they will visit. Maybe the 4/5 star guys? I wonder if that stat is out there.

I think that was typically local kids.

Top Bottom