Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

BJ Foster is the top safety in the country and the top player in Texas according to 247. Also have offered the No. 1 players in Missouri and Illinois.

We have room for the top safety in the country. Can't see why he'd need to redshirt.

Are we more aggressive with offers this year than last year?

I am slow I still am trying to digest the 2017 recruiting class.

I would assume we will be noticeably more aggressive - remember the running joke over the last couple years with Western Michigan offers. Yet to be determined if it will successful, but certainly appears Fleck is taking the approach of hitting on every girl at bar no matter how much she may seem to be out of his league.

That is the reason why sometime the prettiest girl in class end up marrying the ugliest toad (or someone with wads of moolah).

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

To be elite, you have to act you are and eventually everybody start believing.

I wonder if other boards will now start saying he has a Minnesota offer, therefore we should go after him?

Not really, the previous staff offered plenty of highly rated recruits.

I think people are excited because with PJs ability to sell, they may actually be able to land some of these guys. Especially the highly rated Midwest guys in cities like St. Louis. The key will be getting them here to visit.

One "warm" guy and he visited during the TC era....

Do you think that means anything? Those guys have no clue how warm or cold a recruit is to schools at this point.

Sapp is visiting us but he's "cool" on us. He's "warm" on Florida and Clemson and I doubt either have commitable offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would assume we will be noticeably more aggressive - remember the running joke over the last couple years with Western Michigan offers. Yet to be determined if it will successful, but certainly appears Fleck is taking the approach of hitting on every girl at bar no matter how much she may seem to be out of his league.

exactly the recruit cant really say yes unless he is given the option to pick us. But keep things in perspective. We can give out 100 offers to 4/5 star kids and we might get 1(until proven differently) but that shoudl not stop us from extending offers. this is one area that the old staff didnt do a great job in. they focused on making sure a recruit gets into the area and sees the U before an offer is extended. Too slow for this day and age

Do you think that means anything? Those guys have no clue how warm or cold a recruit is to schools at this point.

Sapp is visiting us but he's "cool" on us. He's "warm" on Florida and Clemson and I doubt either have commitable offers.

I don't know how much it means, but it would be nice to see a bit more warmth....

I don't know how much it means, but it would be nice to see a bit more warmth....

If a recruit is receiving an offer then Fleck convinced them to call him and talk to him for some time. He can't call any recruit right now, only receive calls. There's your warmth.

If a recruit is receiving an offer then Fleck convinced them to call him and talk to him for some time. He can't call any recruit right now, only receive calls. There's your warmth.

That's not warm at all...

Junior Day confirmed as Feb. 19th. Benny Sapp will be there for sure. Haven't heard of any other visitors though.

I remember it with Kill but I don't remember it with Brewster. I might be wrong. Maybe Brew had a chili cookoff??

Brew had a "Fish Fryyyyy" for MFCA. Don't know if he did that for recruits.
I also noticed recruits have been going to Manny's as opposed to Fogo de Chao.

There's only one Manny's and are at least 20 Fogo de Chaos. Maybe they wanted something a little more unique to Minnesota?

The Brazilian fad is out, back to the elite classics!

Good move. Fogo is basically the Chucky Cheese of Minneapolis when you consider our elite dining culture. Glad we are finally educating our recruits on class. Note: I understand the benefits of Fogo, but when money is not an issue I don't understand why you would go there when you have so many amazing options in the Twin Cities. If you're not impressed by Manny's in the Foshay Tower, maybe you are just meant to go to school in a no-count, rural environment...just sayin'

Good move. Fogo is basically the Chucky Cheese of Minneapolis when you consider our elite dining culture. Glad we are finally educating our recruits on class. Note: I understand the benefits of Fogo, but when money is not an issue I don't understand why you would go there when you have so many amazing options in the Twin Cities. If you're not impressed by Manny's in the Foshay Tower, maybe you are just meant to go to school in a no-count, rural environment...just sayin'

For those who want seafood, is Oceanaire the best?

For those who want seafood, is Oceanaire the best?

I think it's probably considered the best. IMO, it's still not that good.

I also like Manny's but I don't think it's an amazing steak. It caters to the business crowd (the people here for work and putting everything on an expense account). It's good but I don't think it's better than Burch or some of the other places not skyway connected.

I don't think "foodies" are going gaga over Manny's. It's good. But it's pretty typical of all of the good steakhouses throughout the country attached or close to nice hotels when you're travelling for work.

Those are just my two cents.

I think it's probably considered the best. IMO, it's still not that good.

I also like Manny's but I don't think it's an amazing steak. It caters to the business crowd (the people here for work and putting everything on an expense account). It's good but I don't think it's better than Burch or some of the other places not skyway connected.

I don't think "foodies" are going gaga over Manny's. It's good. But it's pretty typical of all of the good steakhouses throughout the country attached or close to nice hotels when you're travelling for work.

Those are just my two cents.
I agree. Mannys is the name with a good, but over priced, steak. Probably the best bang for the buck is the filet at Twin Cities Grill in MOA, or Pittsburgh Blue

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom