Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Goblirsch have a hint....said the Gophers 2018 class will be Top 30 by noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, that means a lot since it's 350 days until signing day.

Let me help you with the context: it was meant to imply that the next recruit is pretty highly rated.

Please return to your bomb shelter.

Let me help you with the context: it was meant to imply that the next recruit is pretty highly rated.

Please return to your bomb shelter.

Eh. One of the biggest factors in the team ranking is the number of commits. The Gophers are currently #38 with 2 (3-star) commits. Not sure how highly rated the next guy needs to be to move us up with UT-SA who is 29 right now?

Penn State off to an impressive recruiting start though. 1 5 star, 6 4 star and 4 3 star.

Playing around with the 247 class calculator, Brennan Armstrong would put us just inside the top 30 nationally, with a commitment.

Playing around with the 247 class calculator, Brennan Armstrong would put us just inside the top 30 nationally, with a commitment.

Still ranked 7th in the B1G with Armstrong's committment.

Here's a nice breakdown from Scout on what we're getting. (free article)

Patience Grasshopper. Rome wasn't built in a day.

i-want-it-now.gif

Interesting - Armstrong is a lefty. Not counting Streveler, who only started one game in his Gopher Career as I remember, who was the last lefty to be the regular QB for the Gophers? I can't think of one off the top of my head.

I'm beginning to get a sense that Fleck puts a lot of credence in intangibles for recruiting - as much so or more so than measureables.

Also, his staff clearly is looking for a different type of athlete to play QB. More of an emphasis on quick, accurate passers as opposed to big, strong guys who can run. It will be interesting to see what it looks like on the field.

Interesting - Armstrong is a lefty. Not counting Streveler, who only started one game in his Gopher Career as I remember, who was the last lefty to be the regular QB for the Gophers? I can't think of one off the top of my head.

I'm beginning to get a sense that Fleck puts a lot of credence in intangibles for recruiting - as much so or more so than measureables.

Also, his staff clearly is looking for a different type of athlete to play QB. More of an emphasis on quick, accurate passers as opposed to big, strong guys who can run. It will be interesting to see what it looks like on the field.

Streveler wasn't a lefty

Isn't this kid a dual threat QB? Maybe that term is getting used on most, unless they can't run at all? Great name for a QB, though.

Something our roster the last few years would have benefitted from as well. I like this idea.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

per CBS:

The 6-foot-2, 205-pound prep gave the staff his word on Saturday night before announcing this morning his intent to commit to Fleck and the Gophers. "They (Minnesota Coaches) were so excited!! I think Coach Fleck was surprised, he was super happy!!"

Armstrong visited the U just over a week ago. He called it a “great” visit and noted he had a lot to process in the coming days. Fleck’s attention to detail was an attention grabber however. "The way Coach Fleck does things at the school, it's such a great way of doing things," Armstrong told 247Sports after his visit.

Brennan chose Minnesota ultimately over offers from Iowa State, Virginia, Cincy, UNC and Rutgers among others.

"Everything is why I committed to Minnesota," he said of his verbal. "The football program and where it's headed, the academic and the opportunities with the city right there, and also the people there! Love Coach Fleck!

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ar-qb-brennan-armstrong-commits-to-minnesota/

Go Gophers!!

per CBS:

The 6-foot-2, 205-pound prep gave the staff his word on Saturday night before announcing this morning his intent to commit to Fleck and the Gophers. "They (Minnesota Coaches) were so excited!! I think Coach Fleck was surprised, he was super happy!!"

Armstrong visited the U just over a week ago. He called it a “great” visit and noted he had a lot to process in the coming days. Fleck’s attention to detail was an attention grabber however. "The way Coach Fleck does things at the school, it's such a great way of doing things," Armstrong told 247Sports after his visit.

Brennan chose Minnesota ultimately over offers from Iowa State, Virginia, Cincy, UNC and Rutgers among others.

"Everything is why I committed to Minnesota," he said of his verbal. "The football program and where it's headed, the academic and the opportunities with the city right there, and also the people there! Love Coach Fleck!

http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...ar-qb-brennan-armstrong-commits-to-minnesota/

Go Gophers!!

Great quotes, and awesome to hear that this is what made his decision for him.

And Donald Johnson was also officially offered.

On a bummer note. Boyd Dietzen WSDE ( Wisconsin ) offered by Becky. 247 guys all 80 ℅ to Wisconsin.

Top Bottom