Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

He's a tweener Not seeing a big loss here. Plus, he looks like a goof. He'll fit right in with the Becky fans.

Sorry I meant Whippets for Goldy, that would be halftime entertainment. Goldy doin the crappie flop...
Good times...
LOL

A tweener how? We would've taken his commitment and been happy about it, without question.

You didn't get the memo? Everyone that Wisconsin gets sucks, everyone that we get is awesome. I'll make sure it gets to your inbox next time.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

A tweener how? We would've taken his commitment and been happy about it, without question.

Projected as a WDE. Watch his film .I don't think he is quick enough to play that position at the upper level.SDE.he would have to add 35 pounds. So yes, he's in between 2-3 positions

Projected as a WDE. Watch his film .I don't think he is quick enough to play that position at the upper level.SDE.he would have to add 35 pounds. So yes, he's in between 2-3 positions

Yet we offered him and he is the #1 player in Wisconsin.

He will easily add 35 lbs. He's a junior in HS.

couple more offers today.

Go Gophers!!

So do we know how many total offers we have made for this class so far? Seems like about 50. And of those total offers, how many are to players who are not committed elsewhere?

Here's the most up-to-date list. Total of 165 offers so far. Those with school logos on the right side have verbally committed to those schools.

Thanks...this is really helpful!

So as of today:

165 Offers

16 Committed elsewhere
3 Committed to the Gophers
2 Listed as Warmer
4 Listed as Warm
140 Listed as Cool

Will be interesting to see how this broader net (numbers wise) approach works.

Here's the most up-to-date list. Total of 165 offers so far. Those with school logos on the right side have verbally committed to those schools.

Thanks...this is really helpful!

So as of today:

165 Offers

16 Committed elsewhere
3 Committed to the Gophers
2 Listed as Warmer
4 Listed as Warm
140 Listed as Cool

Will be interesting to see how this broader net (numbers wise) approach works.

I think it will impact later commitments more than earlier commits. The largest impact casting a wise net has is they will be actively watching how the team does during the season from the beginning. If you offer a guy late, he may not have been following the team at all until that point, and that could be the difference in my head.

I think it will impact later commitments more than earlier commits. The largest impact casting a wise net has is they will be actively watching how the team does during the season from the beginning. If you offer a guy late, he may not have been following the team at all until that point, and that could be the difference in my head.

It also starts a relationship with kids who will probably go elsewhere in case something happens with their recruitment. Maybe if we were in on the 4-star at Alabama who had to greyshirt, he would have decided Fleck was the better option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It also starts a relationship with kids who will probably go elsewhere in case something happens with their recruitment. Maybe if we were in on the 4-star at Alabama who had to greyshirt, he would have decided Fleck was the better option.

Agreed

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Love this kid's name, and I'd be thrilled if we were able to grab him away from Aubuhn. Looking at his Hudl videos, I was struck by how much he reminds me of a high school version of Darren Sproles- a smaller guy both slight and short but nonetheless ripped for his size, a low center of gravity, moves on top of moves (just shiftier than hell), good hands out of the backfield, and blazing, breakaway speed. He's looks about wicked impressive, and would be a very exciting player to watch in maroon and gold.

Work your magic, PJF!

Elijah Teague will be on campus this weekend for a visit. Benny Sapp is going to be accompanying him at the basketball game tomorrow night vs. Penn St.

Elijah Teague will be on campus this weekend for a visit. Benny Sapp is going to be accompanying him at the basketball game tomorrow night vs. Penn St.

There are 20 2018 recruits on campus right now according to Burns.

On that vein, I'm expecting a bunch more visits to get scheduled over the next couple weeks as spring practice gets underway. Isaiah Bolden is one who said he does plan to visit in the spring/summer, but hasn't confirmed which date he'll be coming.

Confirmed Visit Dates:
John Waggoner (03/25)
Nick Fulwider (04/15)
Carlos Vettorello (04/15)

Top Bottom