Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

“A total of 13 players in the national top-100 of the 247 composite are committed to Big Ten Schools. Ohio State has 10, Penn State 3, Michigan 1”

? hmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity I looked at Michigan compared to us. Michigan has 5 guys rated higher than our highest, and they're ranked 3rd in the East. Roh-roh.

I have no inside knowledge more than the next poster but this is what I have always thought. I'm not on the paysites either though. Does anyone really know??

KG and RB had been saying 26. However, on his latest podcast RB kinda backed off that. I'm not sure anyone outside of the U compliance office and PJ knows at this point. Certainly no one on GH seems to.

Out of curiosity I looked at Michigan compared to us. Michigan has 5 guys rated higher than our highest, and they're ranked 3rd in the East. Roh-roh.

Ours are elite. So we got that going for us.

KG and RB had been saying 26. However, on his latest podcast RB kinda backed off that. I'm not sure anyone outside of the U compliance office and PJ knows at this point. Certainly no one on GH seems to.

I read the NCAA news release on the changes, the important thing was that it addressed the counting of 2018 initial qualifiers, there were no changes to mentioned to a schools ability to count back mid year enrollees. My understanding is that how the 26 signees from last year, were counted, is what will determine if we can count back. I believe that some people are assuming that because we had a non qualifier last year we didn't get that scholarship back but the release emphasized that the new rule starts with 2018 initial qualifiers.

So looks like Brown is announcing on 12/22. So would assume he will be an early NLI guy too. Any word on traction for him coming here?

So looks like Brown is announcing on 12/22. So would assume he will be an early NLI guy too. Any word on traction for him coming here?

I'm intently curious to see how long PJ holds scholarships for players who don't sign on the 20th. There is definitely a piece of me that says he'll sell of your opening to another player if you won't sign that day. I'm wondering if he hasn't planted that seed with Brown to let him know that we might have a spot for him. At least my homer hopefulness is telling me that.....

I'm intently curious to see how long PJ holds scholarships for players who don't sign on the 20th. There is definitely a piece of me that says he'll sell of your opening to another player if you won't sign that day. I'm wondering if he hasn't planted that seed with Brown to let him know that we might have a spot for him. At least my homer hopefulness is telling me that.....

The interest in Brown has me wondering how strong the Elijah Teague verbal commitment is.

There's plenty of gamesmanship in recruiting both for recruits and for coaches.

Wait until after December 20th. Lot's of questions will be answered. I wouldn't be surprised if PJ Fleck has a very fluid Plan B. We can speculate all we want between now and then, but I am waiting until the ink is dry.

We've got kids that are of different maturity levels and can easily be influenced by a song and dance story from another school. Some kids are more sure of their choices.

What have you heard about Elijah Teague otherwise? Is Brown planning on playing DT now?

Nothing, pure speculation. I had heard on this board that Brown was being recruited as a DT, which made me think about our current DT commits.

What have you heard about Elijah Teague otherwise? Is Brown planning on playing DT now?

He is built for the position. IMHO, he has versatility and would not miss a step in switching. I think that he wants to join his buddies up to MN badly, and initially wasn't recruited as hard as Dunlop and Faalele.

If he stays at OC, can you imagine when they announce that you have an IMG Academy OL lineup? That will be a great marketing ploy, and hopefully the pipeline is just starting.

If a trusting relationship develops between PJ Fleck and the IMG Academy coaching staff, that is a great thing.

Just my humble opinion, I like the idea of getting players from IMG with the advanced training and coaching that they get to make them more easily serviceable players. If we start putting these guys in the NFL, certainly kids at IMG will notice.

Nothing, pure speculation. I had heard on this board that Brown was being recruited as a DT, which made me think about our current DT commits.

Brown is being recruited as a DT here. However, he can't sign unless one of our verbals doesn't.

They are at the 85 scholarship limit.

Just makes me wonder when you have a large group of guys coming in for an official visit all together. If they know they will be at the limit, and are not expecting any hick ups, why would you bring extra players in? That’s the portion that has me intrigued

Just makes me wonder when you have a large group of guys coming in for an official visit all together. If they know they will be at the limit, and are not expecting any hick ups, why would you bring extra players in? That’s the portion that has me intrigued

Never hurts to have plan B, even if you don't expect a hiccup

so long as you're honest with a recruit

He is built for the position. IMHO, he has versatility and would not miss a step in switching. I think that he wants to join his buddies up to MN badly, and initially wasn't recruited as hard as Dunlop and Faalele.

If he stays at OC, can you imagine when they announce that you have an IMG Academy OL lineup? That will be a great marketing ploy, and hopefully the pipeline is just starting.

If a trusting relationship develops between PJ Fleck and the IMG Academy coaching staff, that is a great thing.

Just my humble opinion, I like the idea of getting players from IMG with the advanced training and coaching that they get to make them more easily serviceable players. If we start putting these guys in the NFL, certainly kids at IMG will notice.

100% with you. It is always great to have guys on your team from a stellar program that continually spits out 5+ D1 players every year. Definitely helps expose their coaches to ours as well.

RB Bryce Williams received a bump in his 247 rating. Went from an 84 to 88. And therefore his 247 Composite went from .8431 to .8565

In relationship to our other commits in 247 composite, he went from 22nd out of 26 to 14th out of 26.

.@Coach_Fleck & Co. addressed the offense with a Prefontaine Pace in 2018

- No. 1 rated Juco QB ✅
- Highest rated OL class ever at Minnesota ✅
- Highest rated WR class ever at Minnesota ✅
- Two RBs in the top 25 nationally ✅

—Kyle Goblirsch

- No. 1 rated Juco QB ✅

—Kyle Goblirsch

This should give any true Gopher fan excitement and optimism for the future!

100% with you. It is always great to have guys on your team from a stellar program that continually spits out 5+ D1 players every year. Definitely helps expose their coaches to ours as well.

I noticed they have another o-lineman that is already a rated 3 star as a junior.

RB Bryce Williams received a bump in his 247 rating. Went from an 84 to 88. And therefore his 247 Composite went from .8431 to .8565

In relationship to our other commits in 247 composite, he went from 22nd out of 26 to 14th out of 26.

But, players' ratings always go down after they commit to Minnesota. :rolleyes:

- No. 1 rated Juco QB ✅

—Kyle Goblirsch

What kind of measure is he using for the top 25 nationally on the RB claim?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That is so cool!

Then you look at the list and realize Georgia has 2 of the top 4 and OSU has 2 of the top 7. Rich get richer, boys.

Looks like Zack Annexstad just got a scholarship offer from Pitt.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom