Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Yahoo:

THE LATEST

Offers had come in for Henderson from four of the Power Five conferences, but Iowa and Minnesota had emerged as the two strongest contenders over the last month, with schools like Indiana, Missouri, Boston College and Purdue in the mix but not as strong. Proximity to home emerged as one of the key factors for Henderson down the stretch, and Minnesota met that criteria. When it comes down to it, though, Henderson’s comments show the vibe on campus under P.J. Fleck’s leadership are what sold him on the Gophers.

IN HIS WORDS

“I chose Minnesota because they have shown me and my family that what they are trying to build is bigger than football, it's bigger than just us becoming men and they have stressed that throughout the visit. When I went they have showed me what they have to offer and I loved every moment of it my mom said she would have committed that day for me.

“The culture that Coach Fleck is bringing to Minnesota is something that fits me as a player and as a young man growing up in this world. Coach Fleck will not only teach me the game but he and his staff will teach me the way of (life) and how to succeed the right way. I know it's a little ways away from home but we have more than enough close family in Minnesota and my parents still wouldn't miss a beat when coming up for games. Minnesota is on the rise and I'm not missing this Boat, it's my time to hop on and get for Rowing. Ski-U-Mah.”

RIVALS' REACTION

The first impression Henderson made on us was during the offseason of his sophomore year. A Rivals Camp appearance in Kansas City was one of those performances, and what was particularly impressive was the way he was able to stay in receivers’ hip pockets throughout their routes. At 6-foot he has great length for the position and does not sacrifice anything from a fluidity or speed standpoint. The defensive back roster in Minneapolis has been depleted by transfers recently, and a guy like Henderson who can consistently be counted on to lock up receivers is a much-needed addition.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fleck-lands-chicagoland-db-gophers-021656382.html

Go Gophers!!

per Joe:

The Gophers added another commitment from a recruit with several other Power Five school offers Wednesday, when Tyrik Henderson announced he has picked Minnesota.

Henderson, a 5-11, 165-pound junior from Glenbard North High School in the Chicago suburbs, is a consensus three-star recruit who also had reported offers from Iowa, Indiana, Purdue, Iowa State, Boston College and Missouri.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...rson-a-three-star-cb-from-illinois/419894843/

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Right now, the composite average (.8538) of the 2018 Gophers recruiting class is higher than Demetrius Douglas' composite rating(.8528). Demetrius is the 3rd best recruit in the class of 2017.

Gibson is leaving Michigan at 3 a.m. Friday to drive here with his family. I'd say we are in a pretty good spot.

Kid sure is physical for a WR on his film. Might have seen more pancake blocks from him that some OL film.

per the Chicago Tribune:

Tyyrik Henderson can't recall the exact year when he wasn't playing on the same team as Greg Newsome.

Besides a long history as teammates, the Glenbard North juniors share many other similarities. Both were two-way starters at receiver and defensive back last season for the Panthers, and both play for the Boom Football club.

The 2017 season will be their last as teammates, as they will become Big Ten rivals in college. Henderson committed to Minnesota on Wednesday, 16 days after Newsome committed to Northwestern.

"Me and Greg have been playing together for a long time," Henderson said. "It's going to be weird facing Greg. It will be a great battle and I'm looking forward to it."

The 5-foot-11, 165-pound Henderson, a three-star recruit, selected Minnesota over Iowa. Henderson said playing for upstart Minnesota and new coach P.J. Fleck were major selling points. Fleck, a former star receiver at Kaneland and Northern Illinois, is rapidly building one of the best classes in the Big Ten. Henderson is the No. 12 Class of 2018 recruit in the state, according to the 247Sports.com composite rankings.

"Minnesota is on the rise now," Henderson said. "Coach Fleck is someone who fits me athletically and personally. I want to be part of something that's great and a coaching staff ready to make great changes to the school."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...rson-commits-to-minnesota-20170420-story.html

Go Gophers!!

Seen a bunch of these today. Pretty cool edit.

Pioneer Press: Gophers’ recruiting class of a dozen commitments ranks in top 14 in nation

With two additions over the past week, the Gophers football team’s 2018 recruiting classes stands at a dozen players giving oral commitments.

That puts new head coach P.J. Fleck’s first full recruiting class somewhere in the top 14 in the nation, according to four major recruiting sites. Fleck’s early haul of 12, three-star recruits is pegged as 11th-best by 247sports.com, 12th by rivals.com and 14th by both scout.com and ESPN.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/04/2...-dozen-commitments-ranks-in-top-14-in-nation/

Go Gophers!!

2018 4-star WR L'Christian Smith has the Gophers in his top 10:

Top 10. Dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom