Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Mayfield is gone. Goblirsch flipped crystal ball to Michigan.

I said that too way back when. It added up. He was speaking so glowingly about it and how it was his dream school and he had a visit set up, with an offer naturally to follow, which it did, and I think he's gone most likely. BUT Flecks putting together a good class and maybe he buys in to the schtick, w the new facilities and MN having a bit of a cool factor to it right now... hey you never know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

per CBS:

P.J. Fleck and the Minnesota Golden Gophers staff saw all they needed from Perham (Minn.) DT Logan Richter today at Junior Day. Extending an offer and quickly picking up a verbal from the 6-foot-4, 291-pound prep.

"I have just verbally committed to the university of Minnesota for football!" Richter told Gopher247 just before taking to Twitter to announce the news. "It feels amazing!" he added.

Richter had no other offers to-date, but strong interest building from schools such as North Dakota, NDSU and Wyoming to-date. He had planned visits to UND and NDSU over the next month previous to his verbal.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/breaking-gophers-land-verbal-from-in-state-dt/

Go Gophers!!

How much playing time does a 3 star Michigan OL get at Michigan? I'd be interested to hear the convo with Gophers new OL coach at this kid. Hope he sticks, could possibly play quickly here.

How much playing time does a 3 star Michigan OL get at Michigan? I'd be interested to hear the convo with Gophers new OL coach at this kid. Hope he sticks, could possibly play quickly here.

The immediate need for OL depth and possibly playing/starting earlier could be a pretty strong selling point.

They'll take care of that by switching him to a 4-star if/when he flips to Michigan.

The immediate need for OL depth and possibly playing/starting earlier could be a pretty strong selling point.

We had several posters concerned about him because he is only 250 lbs. and it would take him years (if ever) to get his weight up to 290. Now we're terrified of losing him and he will be playing early.

We had several posters concerned about him because he is only 250 lbs. and it would take him years (if ever) to get his weight up to 290. Now we're terrified of losing him and he will be playing early.

Growth spurts happen at that age. He could be huge by next year!

The joys of GH...

Proof the recruiting is better:

Last year: Had to check for Western Michigan Offer

This year: Have to check for Michigan Offer

Proof the recruiting is better:

Last year: Had to check for Western Michigan Offer

This year: Have to check for Michigan Offer

It's not necessarily better if we don't get them

Just learned that Besseck is from here?

Played for Armstrong in high school. He was committed to Georgia State and had offers from Northern Iowa and South Dakota in high school, not sure what happened from there.

Played for Armstrong in high school. He was committed to Georgia State and had offers from Northern Iowa and South Dakota in high school, not sure what happened from there.

Yeah, I don't remember him at all, which is a bit odd. Must be getting old

I really hope we offer soon. He'd be my favorite commit in the class. It does sound like we will though. Will be interesting to see if Iowa or possibly MSU offer when he visits.

I really hope we offer soon. He'd be my favorite commit in the class. It does sound like we will though. Will be interesting to see if Iowa or possibly MSU offer when he visits.

This is turning into a solid in state class. Probably 6 guys that will play D1 football and that's before the inevitable few that come out of nowhere as seniors. Good to see. Slowly but surely the football talent is getting better in the state.

I have to believe that Fleck offers him soon. Big kid, looks like a B1G TE.

per Joe:

• With Jalen Mayfield's de-commitment Sunday, the Gophers' have seven commitments for the Class of 2018 and still sit 15th nationally in the 247Sports Composite rankings.

Mayfield, an offensive lineman from Grand Rapids, Mich., announced he was reopening his options after getting an offer from Michigan.

http://www.startribune.com/fleck-so...399523/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

6-8 400 pound OT with offers from Bama, Auburn, LSU, FSU and Michigan.

Ha, 400 lbs. Based on those pictures, he's not even in the ballpark of 400 lbs. He actually looks pretty lean, probably about 325-330 at most. And why would someone want to clearly lie about something like that? It's not like it's an advantage to be 400 lbs.

Ha, 400 lbs. Based on those pictures, he's not even in the ballpark of 400 lbs. He actually looks pretty lean, probably about 325-330 at most. And why would someone want to clearly lie about something like that? It's not like it's an advantage to be 400 lbs.

Weighed in at 397. On a video I saw of him.

He's definitely closer to 400 than 300.

So he weighs 310 and dunks on 9' hoops? I don't want him.

He's definitely closer to 400 than 300.

I very much doubt it. Bryant McKinnie is 6'8" and weighed just north of 350 during his playing days. Jonathan Ogden is 6'9" and was listed at 345. And those were gigantic, grown-ass men with the benefit of years of the best training programs in the world. This is a 16/17-year-old who has likely barely seen a weight room in his life, and P.S. the same volume of muscle weighs more than the same volume of fat. This guy is relatively lean and not muscular. Overall, I don't really care and he's not coming here anyway, but I point it out because it's a bizarre thing to so obviously exaggerate about.

Top Bottom