Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

He looks like a similar story to O.J., not much playing time up to this point, was in jeopardy of being passed by younger recruits. I'd take him even just to have some upperclassmen at the Corner spot.

Fleck and company are really targeting Georgia. Kill and his staff also spent a lot of time there. Prior to Kill, I can't think of a whole lot of Georgia recruits that we landed.

What happened to the 8-hr radius?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“We’re going to do it at an extremely high level, but we also feel like we can compete on a national level when we talk recruiting. We’re going to continue to keep our seven-, eight-hour radius but then we’re going to expand out to a national recruiting base as well."

That was a head fake.

Yeah. After we leave the State of MN I really don't care where our recruits come from - it just strikes me as another thing PJF has said a lot that I find myself wondering, "why even say that?"

Yeah. After we leave the State of MN I really don't care where our recruits come from - it just strikes me as another thing PJF has said a lot that I find myself wondering, "why even say that?"

13 of our current 19 commits are from the Midwest.

I'm sure. The

My first pocket post.

One thing I pledge (left hand on the Bible, right hand making the Boy Scout salute): I will never hold it against a coach at the U when he says he's going to get great recruits from one place and then gets them from another. Especially when he originally says he will get them from that other place as well as the first place he mentions. This much do I swear, so help me Jesus, stick a needle in my eye. Amen.

He didn't say by which mode of transportation. Georgia is within the 8 hour flight radius.

Sure thing. Outside of MN I don't care where the recruits come from. Just having fun with the Flecksters.

Fleck and company are really targeting Georgia. Kill and his staff also spent a lot of time there. Prior to Kill, I can't think of a whole lot of Georgia recruits that we landed.

I should clarify. They are really recruiting Georgia hard, but they may not get all that many recruits out of the effort. I just think it's interesting that prior to Kill, we didn't hit the Deep South very hard.

I should clarify. They are really recruiting Georgia hard, but they may not get all that many recruits out of the effort. I just think it's interesting that prior to Kill, we didn't hit the Deep South very hard.

Everyone recruits the deep south pretty hard. Maybe not Georgia as much, but other southern states like Texas and Florida are always hit.

What do you consider hitting it hard? Almost half the 2009 class was from TX or FL.

per Shama:

Eden Prairie’s football team starts practice August 14 and coach Mike Grant told Sports Headliners Gophers recruit Benny Sapp III is the best cornerback in the state. Sapp, a Florida transfer and son of former Viking defensive back Benny Sapp, has never played in a varsity game because of injuries but Grant has seen enough of the Eagles senior to rave about him.

“Most importantly, he’s just a great kid,” Grant said. “If he couldn’t play a lick, we would like to have him.”

Grant will also use Sapp, who has verbally committed to the Gophers, at receiver and as a return man. “He has tremendous speed and great hands,” Grant said.

Grant wants to get Sapp as “many touches” in games as possible. That was the mission two years ago with explosive running back and return man J.D. Spielman, a breakaway threat now on scholarship at Nebraska. “He (Sapp) is probably as fast as Spielman, or faster,” Grant said.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

What do you consider hitting it hard? Almost half the 2009 class was from TX or FL.

We have five commits from Georgia. Prior to Kill, I don't remember more than one or two coming out of that state.

And as for everyone hitting the South hard, it never seemed to be on Mason's or Brewster's radar to this extent. That's not a shot at either of them, just an observation on my part. Both those guys hit Florida and Texas for recruits, but they rarely went to Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee,and the Carolinas (which is generally considered the Deep South). Kill changed that and Fleck seems to be continuing that pattern.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom