Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I don't see a single instate offer.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's the type of QB I've never seen come to Minnesota. Let's hope Fleck can get these guys on campus and to commit.

I could see Brevyn Spann-Ford a 6'7 WR out of St Cloud Tech getting looked at though he might be a basketball guy in college instead.

Trey Lance QB from Marshall
Benjamin Sapp III from Eden Prairie

are a few others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'18 is going to be an even worse in-state group than the average MN class according to some of the recruiting gurus. It is pretty sad how little talent comes out of a metro area the size of MSP.

I could see Brevyn Spann-Ford a 6'7 WR out of St Cloud Tech getting looked at though he might be a basketball guy in college instead.

are a few others

According to 247 Benjamin Sapp III has offers from Clemson, Alabama and Florida State, so he might be worth looking into.

'18 is going to be an even worse in-state group than the average MN class according to some of the recruiting gurus. It is pretty sad how little talent comes out of a metro area the size of MSP.

All the best athletes play basketball.

They don't play HS football in Minnesota like they do elsewhere.

On the other hand, we produce lots of good basketball talent.

are a few others

Spann-Ford had 977 yards and 12 TD's this year at 6-7, 220. Has a basketball offer from NDSU. Would love to get him at camp for a second year and work with this staff. David Alston from Woodburry got offered by ISU and will likely be the first in-state offer.

Well....I might have some eligibility remaining. I can't dunk......but throw me the ball and watch what I do with it. Probably run straight forward for big gains.

All the best athletes play basketball.

Or hockey. I think that's the biggest thing that sets us apart from other parts of the country. Lots of cities have basketball players - not many have the hockey participation that we have.

Or hockey. I think that's the biggest thing that sets us apart from other parts of the country. Lots of cities have basketball players - not many have the hockey participation that we have.

Jordan Leupold would have been one heck of a quarterback.

Guys play other sports all over the country. No one is expecting Texas numbers but it's bad how little talent comes out of a metro area with over 3 million people

Guys play other sports all over the country. No one is expecting Texas numbers but it's bad how little talent comes out of a metro area with over 3 million people

Main issue per coaches is lack of organized spring football coaching as they have in many parts of the country

Main issue per coaches is lack of organized spring football coaching as they have in many parts of the country

This is true but there are also many other cities north of the mason dixie that also don't have spring football and they seem to produce a lot more than MN

And those sports are becoming year-round commitments by those playing it pretty much making them one-sport players. Not a lot of three-sport kids out there anymore (unless you head to smaller schools in the rural area).

This is true but there are also many other cities north of the mason dixie that also don't have spring football and they seem to produce a lot more than MN

Again, I don't think any of those areas rival Minnesota for hockey participation. Hockey is year-round now too as "50" mentioned. Wisconsin doesn't have hockey at any where near the level of MN and guess what - they produce more football players.

Both Marshall kids either on the team or a week from joining the team are three-sport athletes.

Yeah and the inner city football teams in St Paul and Mpls rarely produce D1 talent (Tapeh and Rashede excluded).

Marshall QB Trey Lance added an offer from Northern Illinois today, his second D1 offer so far.

Top Bottom