Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Sounds like the Gophers are back in on Daniel Faalele. The 6'8 400 pound Aussie offensive lineman that visited in the summer. A number of the coaches and local insiders started following him on Twitter too. There's the obvious IMG connection with Annexstad and Dunlap. One to keep an eye on.

Sounds like the Gophers are back in on Daniel Faalele. The 6'8 400 pound Aussie offensive lineman that visited in the summer. A number of the coaches and local insiders started following him on Twitter too. There's the obvious IMG connection with Annexstad and Dunlap. One to keep an eye on.

It could possibly be something there. He wants to sign early like all of the 2018 PJ Fleck recruits. He is rated at 0.8858. So, it will happen fast if that is true that he may want to follow his team mates to MN. Randon Haynes may be truly a Plan B.

There is a small sunrise symbol under the player name on the 247 player list. It is interesting that the Gophers are the only team whose entire committed class are signing early! How on earth did PJ Fleck managed to do that?

If these two IMG signings come to pass, then Annexstad is the MVP of this scholarship class, and he doesn't even have a scholarship.

He is the HYPRR & FAMILY poster boy. What an unselfish team first person to give up a spot for a fellow team mate. That is leadership at its best.

That is a big high schooler, holy cow. Impressive offer list.

Besides Twitter activity, what makes you say we're "back in"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Besides Twitter activity, what makes you say we're "back in"?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Twitter's all you need :)

I wonder if any Universities are going to get caught flat-footed on this early signing day.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That is quite an offer list! Watching his video though he looked pretty slow and that quick d-lineman was cleaning up on him. However, that d-lineman could be quite the stud for all I know. Trust the coaches for sure, you can't teach size and this kid has plenty!

Sign them both! I wouldn't be surprised if Annexstad (Brock) has some influence here too. He is also an IMG grad and would know everyone on the team. With a year of Fleck under his belt could be an important player in the recruiting. Make that IMG Pipeline real!

We just might be seeing an Air Annexstad Connection for the Gophers.

Mark my words. Someday Zack Annexstad might be a future Gophers coach long after his playing days are over. He is a homer.

Can it just be the 20th already?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does that mean for Jason Dickson ?? Think I’d rather have him .

Probably nothing. I think with the back and forth on both Craig Williams and Palmer the DB that they are all in on adding OL with the remaining spots. Both this guy and Dunlap for the future, Dickson for the now. I think other positions are plan B's at this point.

(Depending on who these mystery visitors are too)

It’s almost as if PJ has a plan... #TrustTheProcess #RTB

It’s almost as if PJ has a plan... #TrustTheProcess #RTB

To recruit good players?
I hope other teams don't catch on.

To recruit good players?
I hope other teams don't catch on.

The brave and loyal Sir Spoofin continues his crusade. Whatever the f*** it is. Oh, yes, to shed light on all of PJ's transgressions and to respond to every slight. Over and over and over and over ...

per Greder:

With less than two weeks left until the early signing period opens, the Gophers football program has just two vacancies in its 2018 recruiting class.

Revised NCAA rules passed in April have further capped the number of recruits Football Bowl Subdivision schools can sign each year to 25, meaning Minnesota’s 23 current pledges are bumping up against the cap.

During this recruiting cycle, the Gophers have been a national pacesetter in the amount of oral commitments received since they started rolling in last spring for first-year coach P.J. Fleck. Minnesota’s total is currently tied for third-most in the country, behind Mississippi State’s 25 and Virginia Tech’s 24.

While the NCAA has had some form of a 25-recruit cap since at least 2010, the intent of the new limit is to control programs from “over-signing” above the 85 total scholarships allotted and then “gray-shirting,” or having the incoming players wait to enroll in school and not join the team until the following spring to count toward the following year’s total. Over-signing also adds a buffer if other players can’t meet academic standards, are injured and retire or if it’s determined they won’t play in the future and leave the program.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/0...ting-class-nears-cap-on-number-they-can-sign/

Go Gophers!!

STrib: Gophers wide receiver recruit Rashod Bateman earns four-star rating

The website 247Sports.com, which focuses on recruiting, released its latest Top247 list of the best football players in the high school Class of 2018, and a wide receiver who has verbally committed to the Gophers joined the list.

Rashod Bateman, a senior at Tift County High School in Tifton, Ga., is ranked No. 200 on the list after an outstanding season and has been upgraded to four-star status by the website. He is the highest-ranked Gophers recruit.

Bateman, 6-1½, 180 pounds, caught 83 passes for 1,539 yards and 21 touchdowns this season for the Blue Devils. He verbally committed to the Gophers in June, announced he was shutting down his recruitment on Nov. 19 and will make his official visit to Minnesota this weekend as part of the “eLITe18Palooza’’ recruiting event. On Nov. 29, Fleck, wide receivers coach Matt Simon and defensive backs coach Maurice Linguist (who recruits Georgia) visited Bateman at his home. That day also was Fleck’s and Bateman’s birthday.

Bateman is expected to sign his national letter of intent with the Gophers during the Dec. 20-22 early signing period.

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-wide-receiver-recruit-earns-four-star-rating/462350083/

Go Gophers!!

The brave and loyal Sir Spoofin continues his crusade. Whatever the f*** it is. Oh, yes, to shed light on all of PJ's transgressions and to respond to every slight. Over and over and over and over ...

Maybe it's just me, but I think his posts are meant to be tongue-in-cheek. After all, he goes by the name "Spoofin". Just a thought.

Top Bottom