Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

I think this is will be another heavy DL class. Probably 5-6 signees eventually.

2018, Gophers rank 5th in the big ten in recruiting behind OSU, MI, PSU, and some other school. Why? A top 25 recruiting class puts us there and that's what PJ said we would have. I believe the man and until proven otherwise will continue to do so. By the way, 8 wins next year. And we beat Wisconsin.

Like any Minnesotan, I want the top MN players to go the the U of MN. But, to be a realist, The Gophers are not going to win a B1G title or make the NCAA playoffs based on MN kids. MN turns out a few good linemen every year, along with the occasional RB, DB or LB. But there just aren't enough of them to make up the core of a really good team.

Most of the skill players and speed guys are going to come from out of state. That is where Fleck could potentially make a difference. If he can raise MN's national profile, that should help attract a better class of national recruits, to help make up for those years when MN has a down year for high-level recruits.

I thought the Kill/Claeys staff was making some inroads in national recruiting, getting some better kids from Georgia and Texas, among other players. Let's hope Fleck and his staff can build on that. (Of course, recruiting is all about relationships, so it may very well be that Fleck's staff will be stronger in certain areas, and less strong in other areas compared to the Claeys staff.)

Like any Minnesotan, I want the top MN players to go the the U of MN. But, to be a realist, The Gophers are not going to win a B1G title or make the NCAA playoffs based on MN kids. MN turns out a few good linemen every year, along with the occasional RB, DB or LB. But there just aren't enough of them to make up the core of a really good team.

No one is going to disagree with that. The concern is when there's a class that has as little talent as the '18 class. It makes it that much harder. Your easiest recruiting should be in state.

Do we have any signees yet?

Not one and that is concerning. I can find multiple other schools that have commits yet we have zero - less than 1-year from NSD. I thought PJF was supposed to be good with recruiting? Facts say otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not one and that is concerning. I can find multiple other schools that have commits yet we have zero - less than 1-year from NSD. I thought PJF was supposed to be good with recruiting? Facts say otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quit giving Reusse column ideas

Benjamin Sapp will be at the Gophers Jr. day

Edit: Gophers offer today

My coworker went to Kansas and mentioned that they have a bunch of Louisiana recruits for 2018 and three are 4 stars. Interesting:

https://kansas.rivals.com/commitments/football/2018

I doubt they stick. Kansas added a popular louisiana high school coach to their staff. Meanwhile the head coach has gone 2-22, so let's see who is around come signing day, maybe none of the players and maybe not the coach.

I believe he'll be leading the MN class if he stays home

This appears to be one of the most ambitious recruiting classes that I can ever remember. I know we're early in the process still, and none of these guys have agreed to come on a visit, but yeesh....I don't know whether to be giddy at the fact that we're pursuing such, dare I say, elite talent, or worried that we're putting too effort into unattainable players. Hoping that the former wins out.

Top Bottom