Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• The website 247sports.com had the Gophers’ 2018 football recruiting class ranked No. 14 in the country. They are in a great class, as the following schools were ranked ahead of them, in order: Miami (Fla.), Penn State, Notre Dame, LSU, Florida State, Clemson, Washington, USC, Oklahoma, Northwestern, Texas A&M, Wisconsin and Ohio State. If the Gophers can keep that ranking it would be the best recruiting class in team history.

http://www.startribune.com/dave-st-...ent-with-twins-it-can-happen-again/417872473/

Go Gophers!!

per Sid:

• The website 247sports.com had the Gophers’ 2018 football recruiting class ranked No. 14 in the country. They are in a great class, as the following schools were ranked ahead of them, in order: Miami (Fla.), Penn State, Notre Dame, LSU, Florida State, Clemson, Washington, USC, Oklahoma, Northwestern, Texas A&M, Wisconsin and Ohio State. If the Gophers can keep that ranking it would be the best recruiting class in team history.

http://www.startribune.com/dave-st-...ent-with-twins-it-can-happen-again/417872473/

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, but our 2019 class is ranked last.

We haven't had a commit in like 3 days. WTH?

We haven't had a commit in like 3 days. WTH?

2013%2F06%2F18%2F7c%2FBeaker.39ba8.gif

I'm wondering why this thread stopped discussing & posting the profile for every kid we offer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's up with all the green screens on the photos? Isn't the point to paste in another background photo?

What's up with all the green screens on the photos? Isn't the point to paste in another background photo?

I SUSPECT what is happening is someone (mom, dad, brother) is pulling out their camera and taking a pic while the official camera guy is taking the shot that gets the photoshop work.... and the family member just sends it to the kid.

We gotta clean up this sloppy work on our part and get these kids better pics...

I SUSPECT what is happening is someone (mom, dad, brother) is pulling out their camera and taking a pic while the official camera guy is taking the shot that gets the photoshop work.... and the family member just sends it to the kid.

We gotta clean up this sloppy work on our part and get these kids better pics...

It's some kinda green tarp ... its visible in Madison Norris photos..

I SUSPECT what is happening is someone (mom, dad, brother) is pulling out their camera and taking a pic while the official camera guy is taking the shot that gets the photoshop work.

That makes sense. Thanks.

Do the Gopher plan to offer Brevyn Spann-Ford and David Alston?

Both have very good P5 offers now.

Really hope we offer Spann-Ford. He reminds me of a bigger version of Albert Okwuegbunam, the TE from Oseland's HS that went to Missouri. His receiving ability and ball skills look superior to any TE recruit we've have in a while and at 6-7, 230 he has the size to develop into an adequate blocker. Umler, Bursch, Paulsen, Kieft etc. probably can't do what Spann-Ford has shown as a receiver.

Really hope we offer Spann-Ford. He reminds me of a bigger version of Albert Okwuegbunam, the TE from Oseland's HS that went to Missouri. His receiving ability and ball skills look superior to any TE recruit we've have in a while and at 6-7, 230 he has the size to develop into an adequate blocker. Umler, Bursch, Paulsen, Kieft etc. probably can't do what Spann-Ford has shown as a receiver.

Well the good news is that even without an offer 247 has someone predicting he will end up in MN...

He could just stay at WR like Bucky Hodges at VT. I've been saying Fleck should have offered him and Alston for a while now.

Not fast enough for WR. CB's would be on him like a glove every play.

Hodges only runs a 4.78, he'll be a project at tight end in the NFL, but in college he played as a WR. When you are that big just having the db on your back is enough separation.

Hodges only runs a 4.78, he'll be a project at tight end in the NFL, but in college he played as a WR. When you are that big just having the db on your back is enough separation.

Yeah, even like an Aaron Hosack or Ernie Wheelwright.

Those kind of guys end up needing to play a sort of hybrid role at the next level, but I think Spann is fast enough to run fade routes and that sort of thing.

That said, I really hope we offer Spann-Ford and Alston soon.

Ideally I think both Spann-Ford and Alston would've been guys they wanted to wait a bit on and see them at camps in the summer but both starting to pick up P5 offers may force their hand a bit

I know he is technically in the 2017 class but has anyone heard and information about Eric Abojei? He was waiting for his ACT score to come back but idk when that was supposed to happen. With all the injuries and depth concerns we could really use him this fall.

Pretty sure they're going to offer the 2017 juco visiting this weekend.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom