Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

No stadium? What? Washington State was not ranked at all.

I didn't compare them, I stated a fact that being in the bottom two of the Big Ten is bad. I also stated that the rating is the highest since '08 on composite which, if you think about it is kind of sad considering there aren't any 4 stars in the class.

Also if Fleck got rid of a couple of players at the bottom his average would rise, so comparing averages is kind of stupid. I don't think that would make the class any better, do you?

You're touting Fleck's star "average" as the highest since Brewster. Now it's "stupid" (high brow) when it doesn't fit your narrative? What you're doing is trying to make it appear that he's having much more success than Kill and Claeys (see post your responses to ripping Coyle for firing Claeys and citing recruiting rankings). He's not.

I'm pretty sure Insaw Washington St ranked by a poll or two at that time. Regardless, doesn't change the fact that he's recruiting off a season in which the team played in a major nationally televised bowl game. Exposure.

I'm not claiming Claeys and Kill could recruit. You are claiming that they couldn't, and that Fleck can. I am explaining that there is zero evidence to support that thus far. I'm not sure how someone can begin to be offended by that, but that's how you Flecksters are. As said, I'll give Fleck all the credit in the world when it's due. As of right now, all he's done is say that he'll bring in big-time recruits.

I did read your post. Washington St was unranked when we beat them. They weren’t top 20. That’s a lie, which you’ve done repeatedly on this site.

I was positive i saw them ranked at the time of the game. If I'm wrong, I guess I'm a dirty liar (still doesn't fit the definition, but I'll give it to you). Doesn't change the premise.

Deflect the argument all you want. You've done it repeatedly on this site.

You're touting Fleck's star "average" as the highest since Brewster. Now it's "stupid" (high brow) when it doesn't fit your narrative? What you're doing is trying to make it appear that he's having much more success than Kill and Claeys (see post your responses to ripping Coyle for firing Claeys and citing recruiting rankings). He's not.

I'm pretty sure Insaw Washington St ranked by a poll or two at that time. Regardless, doesn't change the fact that he's recruiting off a season in which the team played in a major nationally televised bowl game. Exposure.

I'm not claiming Claeys and Kill could recruit. You are claiming that they couldn't, and that Fleck can. I am explaining that there is zero evidence to support that thus far. I'm not sure how someone can begin to be offended by that, but that's how you Flecksters are. As said, I'll give Fleck all the credit in the world when it's due. As of right now, all he's done is say that he'll bring in big-time recruits.
I didn't tout the average I explained it was the highest since Brewster in response to a poster.He has the highest recruiting ranking by score or average since Brewster. Yes, he's a better recruiter than Claeys or Kill. He may not be better at developing and coaching than those two but he's a better recruiter.

I was positive i saw them ranked at the time of the game. If I'm wrong, I guess I'm a dirty liar (still doesn't fit the definition, but I'll give it to you). Doesn't change the premise.

Deflect the argument all you want. You've done it repeatedly on this site.

Get your facts right because they will be checked.

And if you're going to anonymously post on a board like this, you need to get thicker skin.

Since you're citing 247, your claim that a 2.91 star average is the "highest since Brewster" is a lie. The 2016 class, signed by worst-ever recruiter Claeys, had a 2.95 star average.

That would be on rivals.

First, look at what 2 posters again turned a criticism of PJ into a PJ vs Claeys debate. Shocking.

Second, remove the lowest ranked recruits and our average would go up? Really? Wow, someone check if that applies to any past classes too. What. A. Joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, look at what 2 posters again turned a criticism of PJ into a PJ vs Claeys debate. Shocking.

Second, remove the lowest ranked recruits and our average would go up? Really? Wow, someone check if that applies to any past classes too. What. A. Joke.

Johnny is digging a deep, deep hole.

Since you're citing 247, your claim that a 2.91 star average is the "highest since Brewster" is a lie. The 2016 class, signed by worst-ever recruiter Claeys, had a 2.95 star average.

JB18 left the 2016 class (Claeys) out. I wonder why? It couldn't be because it was 8th and not 13th in the B1G could it?

JB18, why not include Claeys only class?

JB18 left the 2016 class (Claeys) out. I wonder why? It couldn't be because it was 8th and not 13th in the B1G could it?

JB18, why not include Claeys only class?
Where did I not include his class?

Why compare averages of classes that don't have similar number of recruits commited?

I just checked. If Claeys would have dropped every recruit other than CC45, he would have had the highest average player rating of any MN class ever.

I just checked. If Claeys would have dropped every recruit other than CC45, he would have had the highest average player rating of any MN class ever.

That's my point entirely, thanks for this.

That's my point entirely, thanks for this.

I'm math challenged, so could you help with this? If Fleck dropped all but his 4 star recruits, where would his average rank among Minnesota coaches?

PJ's current class composite average on 247 (uses multiple recruiting services, not just one that looks the best) is only ahead of Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, and Illinois. So, yeah, he's really crushing it (not to mention a few weeks out from first signing day and no QB).

Also, PJ is recruiting off of a 9 win season in which they beat a top 20 opponent in the Holiday Bowl, and 4 8 win seasons in 5, bowl steak etc, new facilities. Kill had to start from scratch after Brewster tore the place down (an actual "year zero"). No success, no stadium, no facilities. Your comparison is pretty silly if you look at it somewhat analytically, IMO. The difference in resources is glaringly apparent.

I'll be the first in line to give Fleck credit for recruiting when we actually see some results. Thus far, it's lip service.

Looks like a solid uptick.

247 B10 Football Recruiting Rankings:
2018 = 7th (Fleck)
2017 = 12th (Claeys)
2016 = 8th (Kill\Claeys)
2015 = 13th (Kill)
2014 = 11th (Kill)
2013 = 14th (Kill)
2012 = 12th (Kill)
2011 = 12th (Kill)

Looks like a solid uptick.

247 B10 Football Recruiting Rankings:
2018 = 7th (Fleck)
2017 = 12th (Fleck)
2016 = 8th (Claeys)
2015 = 13th (Kill)
2014 = 11th (Kill)
2013 = 14th (Kill)
2012 = 12th (Kill)
2011 = 12th (Kill)

FIFY...(2016 & 2017)

Yet some how we won games by having slower, smaller, and less talented athletes than all our B1G opponents. Isn't that the reason we can't win now? We just aren't as good, right?

So we already know what the 2018 class will be ranked? Cool.

So we already know what the 2018 class will be ranked? Cool.

There isn't a more meaningless measurement than team rankings before about a week before NSD.

Why compare averages of classes that don't have similar number of recruits commited?

Why would you leave them off? They aren't "freebies". There are a set number of scholarships. So if our worst recruits were so bad that they were killing our average (that sort of thing seems to be important to you), then we should save those scholarships for next season.

Why would you leave them off? They aren't "freebies". There are a set number of scholarships. So if our worst recruits were so bad that they were killing our average (that sort of thing seems to be important to you), then we should save those scholarships for next season.

Leave them off if you're going to compare them with a team with say 10 commits.

Guys - I just ran the average recruit rankings on each of Kill's classes removing the top 10 kids each year and the rankings were terrible. LAST in the B1G and behind a number of non-P5 schools too.

Guys - I just ran the average recruit rankings on each of Kill's classes removing the top 10 kids each year and the rankings were terrible. LAST in the B1G and behind a number of non-P5 schools too.

That must explain why he never beat a top 25 team... well, other than #22 Nebraska twice.

Just landed a WR from Wisconsin that is also going to run track. Had a UCF offer. Maybe a PWO for football? #weonlytakedualsportkids

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom