Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

top ten out of state kids signed/committed to Kill and Fleck

1. Connor Mayes
2. Jamel Harbison
3. Thomas Rush
4. Elijah Teague
5. Kendarian Handy-Holly
6. Brennan Armstrong
7. Terrell Smith
8. Melvin Holland
9. Berkley Edwards
10. Jornell Manns

6-4 Fleck, and he's been here for half a year.

How many of those guys have had any impact on the field? Not picking a side, just saying that says a lot

top ten out of state kids signed/committed to Kill and Fleck

1. Connor Mayes
2. Jamel Harbison
3. Thomas Rush
4. Elijah Teague
5. Kendarian Handy-Holly
6. Brennan Armstrong
7. Terrell Smith
8. Melvin Holland
9. Berkley Edwards
10. Jornell Manns

6-4 Fleck, and he's been here for half a year.

Please remove any "Fleck Guys" who haven't actually signed yet to be fair. Unless comparing apples to apples isn't your goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is intended for 2018 recruiting updates. If you would like to discuss classes signed by Kill, please start a new thread. Any additional posts not about the 2018 class will be deleted.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Welcome!

per Joe:

The Gophers landed a commitment Thursday night from Bryce Williams, a running back from Sarasota Cardinal Mooney High School.

The 5-11, 180-pound Mooney is a consensus three star recruit who also had reported offers from Purdue, Iowa State, Southern Florida and Western Kentucky. He is the 19th commitment for the Gophers in the Class of 2018.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/StribSports_Upload/

Go Gophers!!

Please remove any "Fleck Guys" who haven't actually signed yet to be fair. Unless comparing apples to apples isn't your goal.

Why remove them if people are judging them already?

Go Gophers!!

Why remove them if people are judging them already?

Rather silly to say PJF has signed X of the top 10 in the past Y years when the X haven't even signed yet and each and everyone could still sign elsewhere. Next Feb you are likely to be able to make this claim - but at this point it is transparent.

Rather silly to say PJF has signed X of the top 10 in the past Y years when the X haven't even signed yet and each and everyone could still sign elsewhere. Next Feb you are likely to be able to make this claim - but at this point it is transparent.

So if you can't look at his verbals to praise his recruiting, then don't look at his verbals to criticize the recruiting is my point.

Go Gophers!!

per Greder:

After pledging to the Gophers in March, Georgia running back Nolan Edmonds announced Friday morning he is reopening his recruiting process.

“After much consideration, I’ve decided to de-commit from the University of Minnesota in order to open my recruitment,” Edmonds tweeted.
Edmonds, of Alpharetta, Ga., received an offer from Michigan State on June 14. The 5-foot-11 and 206-pounder also had offers from Louisville, California, Syracuse, Illinois, Purdue, Kansas and Boston College, among others.

On Thursday night, the Gophers received an oral commitment from Sarasota, Fla., running back Bryce Williams. The 5-foot-11, 180-pound back had offers from Purdue, Iowa State and Central Michigan, among others.

With the recent addition and subtraction, the Gophers’ 2018 recruiting class now stands at 18 members.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/23/gophers-football-georgia-running-back-nolan-edmonds-de-commits/

Go Gophers!!

per Rivals' Mike Farrell:

SURPRISE RECRUITING TEAMS

It’s mid-June in recruiting, so who cares about recruiting rankings, right?

I do because it’s my job, and it’s always interesting to see which teams are surprising at what many think is the midpoint of the cycle. Here are five teams I didn’t expect to see so high in our team rankings at this stage…

Minnesota – P.J Fleck hasn’t landed his first four-star yet, but the class is loaded with talented three- stars including defensive tackle Elijah Teague and defensive backs Tyrik Henerson and home grown Benjamin Sapp.

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-five-star-qb-decommits-usc-qb-recruiting

Go Gophers!!

per Rivals' Mike Farrell:

SURPRISE RECRUITING TEAMS

It’s mid-June in recruiting, so who cares about recruiting rankings, right?

I do because it’s my job, and it’s always interesting to see which teams are surprising at what many think is the midpoint of the cycle. Here are five teams I didn’t expect to see so high in our team rankings at this stage…

Minnesota – P.J Fleck hasn’t landed his first four-star yet, but the class is loaded with talented three- stars including defensive tackle Elijah Teague and defensive backs Tyrik Henerson and home grown Benjamin Sapp.

https://n.rivals.com/news/three-point-stance-five-star-qb-decommits-usc-qb-recruiting

Go Gophers!!

Interesting. Feels like click bait from Rivals. Other than the number of recruits, there's no real reason for this article.

Interesting. Feels like click bait from Rivals. Other than the number of recruits, there's no real reason for this article.

Did you read the article? It's quite large and mentions two five star quarterbacks. For some reason I think the head Rivals guy knows more about recruiting than you.

Did you read the article? It's quite large and mentions two five star quarterbacks. For some reason I think the head Rivals guy knows more about recruiting than you.

Coming from you, that means a lot, to somebody...I think...maybe? My comment was directed to the Gophers related stuff, genius. I could care less that a 5* QB decommitted in June, unless it was Gopher related.

Are we on or near the scholarship maximum?

I am surprise this MN kid hasn't been offered even after camping with the Gophers.

David Alston
Saint Paul, MN (Woodbury Senior)

Weak-Side Defensive End, Outside Linebacker
Ht 6-4.5 Wt 22540 4.90SH 4.46V 32.40 CLASS OF 18
Ratings: 0.8395

http://247sports.com/Player/David-Alston-46037064

Does it have something to do with his speed?

I am surprise this MN kid hasn't been offered even after camping with the Gophers.

David Alston

I read somewhere that Alston did not attend the MN camp. Does anyone have evidence that he did? If Alston did not atttend the MN camp, I believe you have your answer. Can anyone confirm if Alston attended the MN camp?

According to 247 Sports, he camped with the Gophers on 6/9/17.

David Alston

Most have said that they thought it was his weight that was too low. I think it's that the depth chart might be in a spot that Fleck doesn't want another DE.

David Alston

Harvard offer.... hard to turn that one down IMO.

David Alston

I'm surprised you keep asking about it.

In all seriousness, Alston is a tweener in a 43. He's ideally a long, lengthy pass rushing OLB in a 34.

Top Bottom