Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Without looking through the past pages and pages on this thread to find this...when is the next big spring visit planned for?

Any guys we can expect to see visit then?

What is perplexing is the need to address the OL situation.

I think we let Jimmie Terry (Brett Kitrell for that matter) decommit too soon in hindsight. No one anticipated linemen transfers or players being deemed unable to play due to medical issues.

PJF may have to look for graduate transfers, convert TEs into linemen, etc...

This coming season will be a team building season with lots of figuring out to do.

Without looking through the past pages and pages on this thread to find this...when is the next big spring visit planned for?

Any guys we can expect to see visit then?

Unless something has changed, I believe there's a trio from STL here tomorrow. On my phone so takes too long to post links but I'm sure others can post them. Was a RB, DL, and LB

Perkins, Ruffin, and Marshall. They all play at the same HS.

That's what was reported by the recruiting gurus a while back. I don't know if anything has changed. I don't trust unofficial visits actually happening until they are on campus.

Ronnie Perkins will add a lot of pop to this recruiting class for sure. He has twenty six offers to date.

Perkins, Ruffin, and Marshall. They all play at the same HS.

That's what was reported by the recruiting gurus a while back. I don't know if anything has changed. I don't trust unofficial visits actually happening until they are on campus.

Was Trevor Trout added to that group? I remember hearing rumors the staff was trying to get him here with them. I don't know if that ever came to fruition.

The four Missouri receuits are coming tomorrow and the best player in Iowa is coming today.

Have a hard time seeing Waggoner committing here, but our hat's in the ring so you never know.

KDQ5OZ2.gif

Now that would be big time. Big recruit with big offers talking Minnesota up. I like it! It's going to be a fun year to signing day.

Agree on all counts. It's about creating legitimate buzz and hoping that translates into visits and then into commitments.

"This time I got to go with my gut, but I have to go with my heart too and my mind,"
Jones explained.

"I have been researching life after football with the graduation rates, even graduation rates for an African American male, I look at things that deep. And when my commitment date comes I am going to look at all of the factors to see which one can better me and make it easier going through this hard transition, so that is something I am going to have to have on commitment day."

Sounds like a smart kid who'd be a great get.

"This time I got to go with my gut, but I have to go with my heart too and my mind,"
Jones explained.

"I have been researching life after football with the graduation rates, even graduation rates for an African American male, I look at things that deep. And when my commitment date comes I am going to look at all of the factors to see which one can better me and make it easier going through this hard transition, so that is something I am going to have to have on commitment day."

Sounds like a smart kid who'd be a great get.

God bless research, but man I'm not sure those rates really matter on any given individual. It's his call if he wants to graduate and do what is needed or not.

God bless research, but man I'm not sure those rates really matter on any given individual. It's his call if he wants to graduate and do what is needed or not.

True. I think it speaks well of him though that he's putting in that kind of legwork, especially given the major life decision he's about to make. He seems not at all to be taking it lightly. That said, it seems like UCLA is the favorite.

And I don't know whether there's a connection or not, but Cam'ron Jones is from the same town (Mansfield, TX, though different high schools) as Everett Williams, redshirt JR linebacker. Might just be coinkydental, but maybe not?

Now that would be big time. Big recruit with big offers talking Minnesota up. I like it! It's going to be a fun year to signing day.

Every time something like this comes up I think of Claeys and can't imagine any recruit saying how he inspired them to come to MN or to put us in his top 5. Row the boat, boys, we are going places.

Every time something like this comes up I think of Claeys and can't imagine any recruit saying how he inspired them to come to MN or to put us in his top 5. Row the boat, boys, we are going places.

Claeys had lots of guys put us in their top 5. He signed a full class of players.

Regardless, why does that matter? Why are you bringing it up? Claeys isn't here to be your scapegoat anymore. He's gone. Move on.

We need to have the first four star commitment which I think will happen soon.

Then, expect others to follow suit.

PJF is creating a buzz with his vision selling the program.

It all starts with kids coming here for face time with PJF. If they do, we have a reasonable chance
of a commitment.

We need to have the first four star commitment which I think will happen soon.

Then, expect others to follow suit.

PJF is creating a buzz with his vision selling the program.

It all starts with kids coming here for face time with PJF. If they do, we have a reasonable chance
of a commitment.

Starting with this guy...http://247sports.com/player/tyrone-sampson-jr-81696
I see his interest in Minn. has changed to "WARM". He had a visit at Alabama this week which shows what kind of offers he's starting to get. Have to keep an eye on this kid.

Top Bottom