Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Keep in mind, depending on who we flip, we might lose a couple guys currently committed as well. Buckle up for early signing day!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gophers are newly listed as "Warm" for John Waggoner from West Des Moines: Link

Has some big time offers (including SEC). Up until recently, I believe Iowa was only one listed as Warm.

I know a lot of people are down after the season, myself included, but man if we could rake in a couple of these guys that would really put the icing on the cake for a nice class. I know that doesn't translate into winning seasons, but it is the first step of getting there.

Reigelsperger is now the #1 kid in our class again and we've moved up another spot to 33 overall for team ranking on scout.

Gophers are newly listed as "Warm" for John Waggoner from West Des Moines: Link

Has some big time offers (including SEC). Up until recently, I believe Iowa was only one listed as Warm.

Thought I read there was buzz for him and Iowa St.

Not sure i understand what you are saying?

Reigelsperger now has the highest 247 composite score (0.8853) for 2018 class. He went up a bit, not sure why unless they didn't account for ESPN's score until now. ESPN has him as a 4 star.

Reigelsperger now has the highest 247 composite score (0.8853) for 2018 class. He went up a bit, not sure why unless they didn't account for ESPN's score until now. ESPN has him as a 4 star.

Actually, looking at it now it appears 247 composite removed the Scout ranking from their calculation. Makes sense I guess since 247 acquired Scout and would be redundant.

Thought I read there was buzz for him and Iowa St.

I'm hearing Iowa and Iowa St are full at DE for this class, which is why he now has interest in the Gophers and is trying to schedule a visit with us, Oregon and UCLA.

He is still in talks with Ferentz and he'd go to Iowa in a heart beat over us but the reality is it may not be an option anymore.

I'd be happy to take him.

Matthew Baldwin decommitted from Colorado St. https://247sports.com/player/matthew-baldwin-46038842

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

All of the crystal balls turned to Ohio St, so maybe he has a real offer from them now. Would be nice if we could land him.

Baldwin is probably gone. Even if tOSU isn't an open landing spot right now, we don't seem to be at the top of his list among the other options as well.

I'm hearing Iowa and Iowa St are full at DE for this class, which is why he now has interest in the Gophers and is trying to schedule a visit with us, Oregon and UCLA.

He is still in talks with Ferentz and he'd go to Iowa in a heart beat over us but the reality is it may not be an option anymore.

I'd be happy to take him.

So the question is...would his heart be in the right place? If it isn't his off season workouts etc., may not be up to snuff.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://247sports.com/Player/Taiyon-Palmer-75803

Some current commits are tweeting at him to row the boat.
With the staff remaining aggressive with highly rated recruits for 2018, I wonder how many offers we will pull from current commits if we can successfully flip some of these kids.

We also don't know how strong our current set of verbals are. Can go both ways.

Recruiting is nasty and we can't take them all.

With the staff remaining aggressive with highly rated recruits for 2018, I wonder how many offers we will pull from current commits if we can successfully flip some of these kids.

I suspect Fleck isn't above encouraging a commit to move if he feels he found a better kid

This kid is odd. He's a 4*, but has very few big offers. 7 Power 5 offers MN, VT, Vandy, Purdue, Indiana, Virginia, Duke.

This kid is odd. He's a 4*, but has very few big offers. 7 Power 5 offers MN, VT, Vandy, Purdue, Indiana, Virginia, Duke.
I noticed that too, he was committed to Duke since 2016 so maybe it was a case of he had closed his recruitment so schools stopped offering.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I noticed that too, he was committed to Duke since 2016 so maybe it was a case of he had closed his recruitment so schools stopped offering.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Or maybe he just improved on his best these last few weeks and became elite!

Already has his autograph down. If we do get him, does he get jersey #3.

If some of the lower rated guys don't sign during this early period I might raise an eyebrow.

As someone who doesn't really follow recruiting, Can someone run down the important dates?

As someone who doesn't really follow recruiting, Can someone run down the important dates?

December 20-22 is the early signing period. February 7-April 1 is the final signing period, most of which is done on the 7th.

December 8th - The Gophers are hosting I want to say every High School commit they currently have as well as a pair of important targets in Curtis Dunlap and Jason Dickson. I think they are working on getting a couple other targets up here too.

December 20th through December 22nd - That's the early signing period for High School players to sign their national letter of intent. If they don't sign at that point then they have to wait until February 7th.

December 20th through January 15th - The signing period for Junior College kids to sign their NLI.

February 7th - National Signing Day is February 7th and the last chance for High School players to sign their LOIs as most programs have moved onto to next year after that date.

The Gophers 2018 class should be close to set in stone by the end of the early signing period which will make things kind of dull for the most part. It does however give the staff the chance to focus on the 2019 class and if there was ever a time to get into recruiting this spring/summer would be the time to do it. Early interest suggests that the Gophers will be in on a number of far higher profile players than we are used to. The combination of how aggressive our staff is and the rule change allowing players to take earlier official visits should lead to recruiting being that bit more entertaining.

I bet every low level commit are praying that December 20 comes fast, and other highly rated players are praying that they get offers from dream schools.

Top Bottom