Official 2018 Recruiting Updates Thread: Links, Tweets, Videos, Stories, Rumors, etc.

Amazing where some's expectations have fallen - right to where others' (they used to criticize for that expectation) have been all along. At least we are all in agreement now. One happy GH Family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kum Ba Ya!

per MLive.com:

Meet Brandon Gray of Cass Tech, the state's top 2018 WR prospect

The recruiting trail

Gray's offer list has been growing since is freshman year and, if can flourish this coming fall, it is safe to say the list could grow even more. Of his 15 offers, all three of the directional Michigan schools have offered him. However, he also has offers from the likes of Arkansas and P.J. Fleck's Minnesota.

With a 6-foot-5 frame, he was bound to get some attention from schools at the wide receiver position. Yet, Gray did not play wide receiver until high school, mostly playing quarterback and some running back while growing up in the sport.

"They like my size and the way I high-point the ball," Gray said of the schools recruiting him. "Basically, they feel like I can fit their offensive scheme in a lot of ways in the passing game."
Despite having plenty of offers, Gray says he is not ready to jump to a commitment just yet because he still has plenty to think about.

"I'm still talking to schools," Gray said. "I'm making sure I'm still talking to see what schools I like most because I'm about to be making my visits very soon."

In fact, Gray is still hoping to get some more offers, noting that Big Ten and MAC schools are still looking at him. Gray even mentioned that Michigan State is waiting for his season to start to see if they want to extend an offer.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/detroit/2017/07/meet_brandon_gray_of_cass_tech.html

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per the Daily:

While Minnesota’s 2018 is ranked 29th, it was ranked as high as 11th earlier this year but has fallen due to some of the decommits, and other schools have jumped ahead of them.

The Gophers might have lost its highest-ranked recruit in Jalen Mayfield, but the team still has 19 commits for next year. Trieu said Fleck is aware that players might decommit with his recruiting strategy.

“[Fleck] is going to have some decommitts,” Trieu said. “In the long run, you’re going to retain more of those guys than you’re going to lose.”

No recruiting class under Jerry Kill or Tracy Claeys had ever been ranked higher than 46th.

http://www.mndaily.com/article/2017/07/four-recruits-decommit-from-gophers

Go Gophers!!

Not today, but next Saturday is the annual Gopher BBQ. And I point this out to keep the thread on page 1, ha ...with all the recent recruiting info....

Nineteen recruits making an unofficial visit on July 29th. That seems impressive to me.

Nineteen recruits making an unofficial visit on July 29th. That seems impressive to me.

Agreed. And considering how many of them are uncommitted to the U there is quite a chance said class will be very close, if not totally full. I find that very interesting considering how early it is.

Here's the list of recruits coming this weekend, per 247, with their composite ranking score in parentheses. They have 17 players listed for the 29th, the majority of which are verbal commits as of today.

Verbally committed to the Gophers:

Elijah Teague (.8681)
Terell Smith (.8616)
Brennan Armstrong (.8616)
Benny Sapp III (.8563)
Rashod Bateman (.8512)
Abi Okonji (.8488)
Logan Richter (.8447)
Tyrik Henderson (.8446)
Erik Gibson (.8394)
Thomas Rush (.8299)
Josh Aune (.8204)
Nathan Boe (.8093)

Uncommitted:

Nolan Edmonds (.8563) - decommitted from Minnesota about a month ago
Braelen Oliver (.8516)
Joshua Ezeudu (.8477)
Charles Robinson (.8462)
Aaron Antoniou (no rating)

http://minnesota.247sports.com/Institution/Minnesota-Golden-Gophers-24044/TimelineEvents

What about Craig Williams? The all-purpose back from Crosby? Do the Gophers want Nolan Edmonds more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Williamson, a transfer from Florida is also visiting this weekend.

Top Bottom