Brainerd Dispatch: Gophers next stop for CLC's Djam, Johnson

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Brainerd Dispatch:

When the University of Minnesota plays Oregon State in its season opener Sept. 1, two former Central Lakes College Raiders players hope to be wearing Golden Gophers uniforms at TCF Bank Stadium.

Carlton Djam and Kieran Johnson will be preferred walk-ons for the maroon and gold this fall.

Djam played just one year for the Raiders, but made an impact as he rushed for 1,087 yards. He finished eighth nationally in rushing yards, and scored three touchdowns in each of two games the Raiders played against Itasca Community College, and also scored three TDs against Northland.

"I went to Augustana University in Sioux Falls last year and after the first year I didn't feel that it was the right fit personally," Djam said. "I learned a lot about the Raiders' program from one of my friends, Dorbor Cooper, who I played against in high school. I came here and met with the coaches and felt really good that it would be a good fit for me to continue my career."

Djam started looking at his options for the next step in his career last fall with the help of CLC head coach Greg Medeck.

"It was an interesting process as there were quite a few schools contacting coach Medeck and contacting me," Djam said. "I wanted to play closer to home and at a level where I could perform well and where I had faith in my abilities so I took the process fairly slowly.

"It was actually after Kieran committed to the U of M that I started thinking that I could go to there too. I contacted one of their recruiting coordinators and he actually had my profile open on his computer when I called and he said he was going to get my tape to the coaches."

http://www.brainerddispatch.com/spo...-football-gophers-next-stop-clcs-djam-johnson

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom