Mel Kiper Jr. goes on mini rant about rising De’Vondre Campbell

BleedGopher

Reaction score
“I liked him. I went back and I watched him…people kind of overlooked him a bit,” Kiper said of Campbell on ESPN’s First Draft podcast. “He’s got the length, he’s got the speed, he’s an athletic linebacker. I like his instincts, I like the way he played. In fact, I thought he surprised me in a couple games with the way he played.”

Fellow draft expert Todd McShay interjected.

“I haven’t looked at his tape yet. I’m excited,” he said. “You’re getting me all fired up to watch.”

And Kiper continued to praise Campbell.

“I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go in the third round. It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Maybe late-two, early-to-mid three,” Kiper said. “I think De’Vondre Campbell showed an awful lot to people this year and soared up the draft board.”

http://saturdaytradition.com/minnesota-football/kiper-high-campbell/

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

By rant, I expected him to be trashing him. Good news for De'Vondre.

“I liked him. I went back and I watched him…people kind of overlooked him a bit,” Kiper said of Campbell on ESPN’s First Draft podcast. “He’s got the length, he’s got the speed, he’s an athletic linebacker. I like his instincts, I like the way he played. In fact, I thought he surprised me in a couple games with the way he played.”

Fellow draft expert Todd McShay interjected.

“I haven’t looked at his tape yet. I’m excited,” he said. “You’re getting me all fired up to watch.”

And Kiper continued to praise Campbell.

“I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go in the third round. It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Maybe late-two, early-to-mid three,” Kiper said. “I think De’Vondre Campbell showed an awful lot to people this year and soared up the draft board.”

http://saturdaytradition.com/minnesota-football/kiper-high-campbell/

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

With Mel outside of this. I always thought Campbell ran himself out of a few too many plays. No questioning his athletic ability though. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up a second day guy. Still think Murray will be the first Gopher drafted.

With Mel outside of this. I always thought Campbell ran himself out of a few too many plays. No questioning his athletic ability though. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up a second day guy. Still think Murray will be the first Gopher drafted.

Agree on all points.

I wonder what they were talking about to get to Campbell? Were they talking about sleepers?

Late second rounder? Wow, thats definitely the highest i've seen him projected since Kill first said he could be a first rounder.

I like Kiper, but he lost me when he used the word "instincts" in regards to DC.

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it happening. But I wish him the best!!!

Every year Kiper is flabbergasted that his favorites slide down the boards. The coaches and GMs have their own agendas and thoughts on the best.

Top Bottom