Which of "The Threesome" will return next year?

Who will be back of Mason, McBrayer and Dorsey?

• Mason

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • McBrayer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dorsey

• Mason & McBrayer

Votes: 32 33.0%
  • Mason & Dorsey

• McBrayer and Dorsey

• None of them

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • All of them

Votes: 61 62.9%

• Total voters

Otis

Reaction score
Thought I'd throw in a poll to get the vibe of what people think now that things are getting cooled a little.

I think they will all be invited back and as long as that's the case I don't see why any of them would leave.

Before the whole thing went down, I would've said if one of our freshmen were to leave, my money would've been on Dorsey. It's still that way.

Not saying I think he leaves. No idea what kind of percent chance I'd wager on it, but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he left. The other two would surprise me more.

I hope he doesn't leave, I think he can be a good player for this team for the next three years. From his perspective though, he's a highly touted, heralded 4-star guy who's going to be the face of the program and now he's a bench player. He still gets minutes, but a 19-year old kid who's probably been told he's great for a long time probably expected this year to be different on an individual and team level.

I still think he would play 20+ minutes a night next year no matter who is all back, but if he wants to be THE GUY, and take a lot of shots, it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't see this as the place where he can do that.

I still think he would play 20+ minutes a night next year no matter who is all back, but if he wants to be THE GUY, and take a lot of shots, it wouldn't shock me if he doesn't see this as the place where he can do that.

IDK, he is a tiny fella, stuck backing up Mason who is going to get a ton of mins, with McBrayer showing he can play the 1 and 2 I don't see how Dorsey can get 20mins.

IDK, he is a tiny fella, stuck backing up Mason who is going to get a ton of mins, with McBrayer showing he can play the 1 and 2 I don't see how Dorsey can get 20mins.

If he can help them play fast and shut down the other point guard, he can get 20 minutes of PT.

If he can help them play fast and shut down the other point guard, he can get 20 minutes of PT.

He could, but it's not that clear cut. Mason 30+ mpg, McBrayer 20+ (would say closer to 25 mpg) Coffey at the 2 and 3, Fitz with big mins at the 3.

All three will be back is my guess.

Basically I see a 3-way (pun kind of intended) rotation at the PG and SG slots. Mason gets 28-32 mins, Dupree gets 22-25 mins, Dorsey gets 18-22 mins.

Rough idea on minutes --- very subject to change

PG: Mason 30, Dorsey 10
SG: Dupree 24, Dorsey 10, Coffey 6
SF: Coffey 22, Fitz 18
PF: Murphy 24, Fitz 6, Buggs/Gilbert 10
C: Lynch 23, Konate 12, Murphy 5

The girl comes back for sure, unless Pitino Sr. hires her as his recruiting coordinator.

When Mason and Dorsey share the court, doesn't Dorsey play point?

Basically I see a 3-way (pun kind of intended) rotation at the PG and SG slots. Mason gets 28-32 mins, Dupree gets 22-25 mins, Dorsey gets 18-22 mins.

Rough idea on minutes --- very subject to change

PG: Mason 30, Dorsey 10
SG: Dupree 24, Dorsey 10, Coffey 6
SF: Coffey 22, Fitz 18
PF: Murphy 24, Fitz 6, Buggs/Gilbert 10
C: Lynch 23, Konate 12, Murphy 5

PG Mason 20 Dorsey 20
SG McBrayer 25 Mason 10 Coffey 5
SF Coffey 15 Fitz 15 Hurt 10
PF Murphy 30 Fitz 5 Curry 5
C Lynch 23 Konate 12 Curry 5

I left out Buggs and Gilbert but there are possible roles for them depending on what happens. If I were Pitino- I'd give Buggs the Mo Walker speech- here's what you have to do to get on the court at all. Muscle up, toughen up and learn to play center and PF. I could see the possibility of redshirting Konate if Buggs got serious- otherwise I think Buggs goes the graduate transfer route. Konate needs a redshirt year IMO and that would balance the roster better at the center position.

Gilbert could take Hurt's minutes if they decide to redshirt Hurt. I think they need what Hurt will bring to the table next year so I doubt that happens. Gilbert is another guy that cold use the redshirt - he has the potential to be a nice 6th man shooter down the line and a good defender, but for now he's pretty rough around the edges.

Gaston- he should transfer to somewhere where he can play some ball.

I don't think they redshirt anyone who played as a freshman, can't think of a time that it's happened without an injury

PG Mason 20 Dorsey 20
SG McBrayer 25 Mason 10 Coffey 5
SF Coffey 15 Fitz 15 Hurt 10
PF Murphy 30 Fitz 5 Curry 5
C Lynch 23 Konate 12 Curry 5

I left out Buggs and Gilbert but there are possible roles for them depending on what happens. If I were Pitino- I'd give Buggs the Mo Walker speech- here's what you have to do to get on the court at all. Muscle up, toughen up and learn to play center and PF. I could see the possibility of redshirting Konate if Buggs got serious- otherwise I think Buggs goes the graduate transfer route. Konate needs a redshirt year IMO and that would balance the roster better at the center position.

Gilbert could take Hurt's minutes if they decide to redshirt Hurt. I think they need what Hurt will bring to the table next year so I doubt that happens. Gilbert is another guy that cold use the redshirt - he has the potential to be a nice 6th man shooter down the line and a good defender, but for now he's pretty rough around the edges.

Gaston- he should transfer to somewhere where he can play some ball.

This seems about right. Buggs should really transfer too. If can go down to DII and play major minutes, he could get an NBA look. That won't happen playing 5 minutes a game here next year.

This seems about right. Buggs should really transfer too. If can go down to DII and play major minutes, he could get an NBA look. That won't happen playing 5 minutes a game here next year.
NBA look? I suppose we could tell him that??? Maybe he could play in the Pacific rim somewhere or Mideast. Forget even Europe for him. He might be a starter for a Winona State level team and I think that isn't even a sure thing.

NBA look? I suppose we could tell him that??? Maybe he could play in the Pacific rim somewhere or Mideast. Forget even Europe for him. He might be a starter for a Winona State level team and I think that isn't even a sure thing.

When the Gophers were in the non-conference tournament this year the announcers said that Buggs was drawing the interest of NBA guys in attendance. He has that talent. Unfortunately.....

When the Gophers were in the non-conference tournament this year the announcers said that Buggs was drawing the interest of NBA guys in attendance. He has that talent. Unfortunately.....
The announcers must have been drunk. I don't think he is on any scout's radar today. Maybe I'm wrong but with all the minutes available late this year and how he couldn't take advantage of it says it all. He's not 17 or 19 years old, he is what he is.

Not sure where to post this but saw a tweet that Buddy Hield had 19 made 3's and shot 24% as a freshman. Guessing the SoonerHole was saying he had no skill 4 years ago. Let kids develop.

I use the term loosely. Certainly he'll have to start in the NBA DL or Europe. But if he stays and barely plays next year, he might not even be able to do that. Anyone who saw the Iowa game 2 years ago or the few moments since can see he has probably the most talent on the team. But he can never sustain it.

Is he "liking/favoriting" gopher tweets? If so, let's read really far into that :D

WCCO just reported that police confirmed Dorsey's phone was stolen, at Mall of America, which was before the videos were posted.

Top Bottom