Mykelti Williams to transfer from ND... possible gopher connection

Looking back at 247 - had a nice offer list

Notre Dame, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, wisconsin, Louisville, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Wake Forest

Wait. Where's the Western Michigan offer? Not interested. :rolleyes:

word is he will be here for the spring game and that we are his leader. Dude LOVES Sawvel.

And God said on the 3,650,017th day after creation, "Minnesota, Hail to Thee!"

word is he will be here for the spring game and that we are his leader. Dude LOVES Sawvel.

Come and join the cabal of defensive players at Sawvel U who will get a ticket to the next level.

Come and join the cabal of defensive players at Sawvel U who will get a ticket to the next level.

I know that Myrick has a chance and of course Murray/BBC are going to go mid-late rounds (just going to guess by %s that one of them sticks for a few years), but am I missing anyone other than Vereen who is probably bordering on out of the league? Is this really that stellar of a track record? Maybe I should take this to the "DBU" thread?

I know that Myrick has a chance and of course Murray/BBC are going to go mid-late rounds (just going to guess by %s that one of them sticks for a few years), but am I missing anyone other than Vereen who is probably bordering on out of the league? Is this really that stellar of a track record? Maybe I should take this to the "DBU" thread?

It's still impressive when you're able to get your players drafted consistently, no matter the results at the next level. Especially considering that most of our DBs so far under Sawvel have been "under the radar" sort of prospects with no other Power 5 offers. Makes you wonder what he could do with more talented guys from the get-go, like Mykelti could be.

Cedric Thompson currently with the Patriots. It's actually a pretty good run for Sawvel considering the kids recruited who will now be in the league. Murray and Boddy-Calhoun have been our corners the past 3-4 years, and Thompson and Vereen only starting safeties who have graduated in recent years I can think of. So, given percentage of kids who have been starting in recent years that's pretty good, especially when you look at Travis and Myrick will each have a shot next year as well.

4 DB's drafted in 3 years, possibly 5 in 4 years with Myrick is pretty impressive plus of course this staff recruited and coached first round safety Jimmy Ward at NIU for a while.

4 DB's drafted in 3 years, possibly 5 in 4 years with Myrick is pretty impressive plus of course this staff recruited and coached first round safety Jimmy Ward at NIU for a while.

Agreed, it's quite impressive the talent they are turning out with "under the radar" guys. If Myrick gets drafted Sawvel shouldn't have to say much on recruiting visits. DBs should want to come here.

You guys are leaving out Demarius Travis

I gotta think after the article that Swavel spoke of the Travis being the glue, that Travis has a real good chance of being drafted next year.

No it's not impressive compared to other real "db U's", however as the next step, hell yes it is. Essentially every guy that has worked hard to become a multi year starter has had a very good look at making an NFL roster. That's impressive.

Come to Minnesota, compete, and if you win, you'll get a check from the NFL to hang on your wall if not play on Sunday's for a while. That's a hell of a message to any kid that doesn't get the call from tOSU or other great NFL producing colleges.

Any confirmation of him being here on Saturday? Or not?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Any confirmation of him being here on Saturday? Or not?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Trip is being pushed back as his Mom couldn't make it this weekend. Delays suck, but Mom wanting to be with is important imo.

"Momma told me not to come". Not yet at least.

News? Updates?

This guy could definitely help the Gophers! Updated news?

he should come up this weekend with the fantastic weather.....

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

There were no admission road blocks for Jones so whatever the issues they must be bad.

There were no admission road blocks for Jones so whatever the issues they must be bad.

Didn't Jones just barely get in, have to sit out at first and clean up his grades early on?

But yeah I'm guessing this is bad, says he couldn't get in other schools either.

Top Bottom