Mykelti Williams to transfer from ND... possible gopher connection

Would he have to sit a year?

Would be a great pick-up if it happens, especially considering we've missed on some safety prospects the last 2 classes.

If this happens, it will be great news. the young man is a very good player. My son played on the same team here in Indianapolis, Warren Central Warriors when they won the Class 6A state championship 7-6 a defensive battle from start to finish. Covered the number one receiver in the state (1 catch for 5 yards). Intercepted a ball late in the game and returned it to the 20 or so...secured the win pretty much. We still have the game on our DVR...oh the good times shutting up Carmel Greyhounds. He played Safety primarily, a little running back, wild cat quarterback. Good luck to Mykelti and Good Luck to the Gophers if this is true.

Rumor is he is a big Sawvel fan. I actually think we could have a pretty good shot. Especially with all the DB success and draftpicks we have had recently. crossing my fingers. Would be an absolute solid pick up.

So if he was expected to have a major role at ND this year, why is he transferring? I guess he could just not like it there, but often times kids do this when they want to go closer to home. MN wouldn't qualify.
Who knows? Just thinking out loud.

He watched Caddyshack once and really liked the gopher.

Just thought it was interesting since they both played the same position at Warren and James is only a couple years removed from playing for the Gophers (and the title of the thread is ....possible Gopher connection). No need to be a Richard.

So if he was expected to have a major role at ND this year, why is he transferring? I guess he could just not like it there, but often times kids do this when they want to go closer to home. MN wouldn't qualify.
Who knows? Just thinking out loud.

maybe he doesn't like his coach, had a falling out with a teammate, wants to get away from a girlfriend, etc. Who knows? Could be a million things, but the kid is a player and we should gladly accept him. He was close to being a gopher once before. Maybe he realized he made a poor decision being in south bend and would rather live in a city like minneapolis? Lets try to be positive gopher fans.... no more woe is me nonsense!

maybe he doesn't like his coach, had a falling out with a teammate, wants to get away from a girlfriend, etc. Who knows? Could be a million things, but the kid is a player and we should gladly accept him. He was close to being a gopher once before. Maybe he realized he made a poor decision being in south bend and would rather live in a city like minneapolis? Lets try to be positive gopher fans.... no more woe is me nonsense!

Do fake ones count?

Do fake ones count?

Sure they do...

images

Just thought it was interesting since they both played the same position at Warren and James is only a couple years removed from playing for the Gophers (and the title of the thread is ....possible Gopher connection). No need to be a Richard.

No offense intended, just making fun of the the grasping for connections that goes on here.
Perhaps he is also a close, personal friend of Sid?

No offense intended, just making fun of the the grasping for connections that goes on here.
Perhaps he is also a close, personal friend of Sid?

Sid just endorsed him as his AD choice.

According to Burns, things are looking very positive for Minnesota adding Williams. No visit has been set yet but will be soon.

Looking back at 247 - had a nice offer list

Notre Dame, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, wisconsin, Louisville, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Wake Forest

Top Bottom