Early Look At 2016-17 B1G Non-Conference Schedules

I'll take it. They should be better next year, too. Don't we owe them one from a couple of years ago, where we kicked it away in the last four minutes? Would have preferred SH so we could boo Whitehead. It won't be as fun booing Ponds.

Malik Ellison is on st johns too. That was another MN vs St johns recruiting battle

St. John's isn't very exciting but should be a win (?) If so, hopefully it shouldn't scare Pitino off from getting the other home game done.

St. Johns has had a few good recruiting classes in a row now. If we expect to be better so should they.

The Illinois-BYU & Northwestern-Dayton United Center Showcase will take place Dec. 17. Updated above.

We had wintered over in Tucson for many years so I followed U AZ BB.
They like NE in FB live on past glory but in BB.
The beat writer in the Tucson newspaper has another article decrying the pathetic home non conference schedule of AZ.
First because the fans are getting cheated; secondly it hurts AZ's RPI.
If I read it correctly a pair of good seats there goes for $1300.
So it does not only happen here.

Not sure if this is the place for this, but I heard from someone close to the program that it does not appear the Gophers will be in the Vegas event Thanksgiving week. Source did not know for sure, but sounded like it was not going to happen. Looks like no exempt tournament next season, which I think is bad. The new guys need as many reps as possible before the B1G season starts.

Not sure if this is the place for this, but I heard from someone close to the program that it does not appear the Gophers will be in the Vegas event Thanksgiving week. Source did not know for sure, but sounded like it was not going to happen. Looks like no exempt tournament next season, which I think is bad. The new guys need as many reps as possible before the B1G season starts.

This site shows them to be in it.
http://www.bloggingthebracket.com/2...ly-season-tournaments-events-MTE-neutral-site

Would be fine with no exempt tournament as long as the gaps are filled with 2 or 3 good opponents (presumably a home & home or 2). However, no exempt tourney would mean 1 or 2 less games. Gophers would play 29 games instead of 30 or 31.

Per Jon Rothstein, Ohio State will host Fairleigh Dickinson this year.

Per Jon Rothstein, Ohio State will host Fairleigh Dickinson this year.

Also per Jon Rothstein

Minnesota and Arkansas will start a home-and-home series next season in Minneapolis, source told @CBSSports. Return game at BWA in 17-18.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Schedules updated above with Gophers/Arkansas and OSU/FDU announcements.

Penn State & GW to start a home & home

A bit begrudgingly I will consider this a "notable" home & home series for the Nittany Lions. Colonials have been pretty good over the last three seasons, including this year's NIT championship and a NCAA appearance in 2014.

Penn State Hall of Fame Tip-Off dates set

Has there been any info on if there going to be a basketbal doubleheader or single game this year or next at US Bank Stadium. Last i heard, nothing came of it yet.

Per Jon Rothstein, Michigan and UCLA will start a home and home series next season at Pauley Pavilion.

Penn State is also beginning a home and home series with George Washington in DC.

Iowa will not play Saint Francis-NY as 1 of its 2 home games in the Emerald Coast Classic. SF-NY will play @ Providence and @ Virginia.

There are some reports out that Purdue will play at Virginia on Nov. 30 in the ACC Challenge. Assuming this is legit, I would be surprised if the rest of the games aren't announced sometime this week.

Per scources. Minnesota is playing at Florida State in the Acc/Big Ten challenge.

Top Bottom