Leidner ranked #5 QB by CBS, #8 by Walter Football 2017 NFL draft

It really bothers you that I put you on my ignore list doesn't it. I find it comical how much you still quote me and try to agitate me. At least you didn't mention other sites or a game from 18-months ago this time. You are making progress. Tool.

You should also check post counts, Killjoy, before commenting on how I post too much (which, as you know, is simply relaying something that was posted by someone else yesterday) as you have posted more than me on this site.

How can you read his posts if you have him on your ignore list? :confused:

How can you read his posts if you have him on your ignore list? :confused:

Because he still follows me around and comments on almost everything I post. When he quotes my post tapatalk sends it to me as a notification on my phone. Curiosity always gets me at that point and I read the notification. I could turn notifications off, but I like getting them when others quote my posts and it is an on/off switch in tapatalk. Selective notifications would be a nice upgrade.

Yeah I understood what he was getting at. It's like when someone makes a comparison. Just because someone says a player reminds them of Barry Sanders, Peyton Manning, etc. doesn't mean they think he will be as good as that player.

People just read what they want to. There are fans that will jump down the throat of anyone who says anything good about Leidner. It's bizarre to me.

really? cuz it appears that many folks here go totally bananas if a poster mentions Mitcheroo is a major part of the Gopher offense being ranked toward the bottom of the Big Ten.

Because he still follows me around and comments on almost everything I post. When he quotes my post tapatalk sends it to me as a notification on my phone. Curiosity always gets me at that point and I read the notification. I could turn notifications off, but I like getting them when others quote my posts and it is an on/off switch in tapatalk. Selective notifications would be a nice upgrade.

Let me know when it becomes available.

So it is true, curiosity did kill the cat. By the way, if you didn't have to post your opinion after ever person's comment you might find life a little simpler. Maybe then you wouldn't have so many bad hair days.

So it is true, curiosity did kill the cat. By the way, if you didn't have to post your opinion after ever person's comment you might find life a little simpler. Maybe then you wouldn't have so many bad hair days.

Oh, come on. He isn't so bad. Don't be such Killj...oh...I get it!

I'm not sure how to embed posts from the Twitter machine, but Marcus tweeted that ML7 has lost 15 pounds since last year. Interesting.

I'm not sure how to embed posts from the Twitter machine, but Marcus tweeted that ML7 has lost 15 pounds since last year. Interesting.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

PiPress: Gophers’ Mitch Leidner: Future NFL quarterback?

Leidner is listed at 6-feet-4, 237 pounds with 10-inch hands — all things that Allbright says will give him initial consideration at the next level.

“The frame to take punishment in the NFL, and that is step one,” Allbright said.

Some Gophers fans likely will want to hit the pause button on this Leidner-drafted hypothesis. What about Leidner receiving boos from hometown fans during the underwhelming 10-7 win over Kent State in September? Or the mini quarterback controversy when he was benched in favor of true freshman Demry Croft in the 27-0 loss at Northwestern in the Big Ten opener?

“He has to work on his mechanics and his ball placement specifically,” Allbright critiqued. “I think he arrives at his reads a little bit late. I saw him throwing balls high that he didn’t need to.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/24/gophers-football-mitch-leidner-the-future-nfl-quarterback/

Go Gophers!!

PiPress: Gophers’ Mitch Leidner: Future NFL quarterback?

Leidner is listed at 6-feet-4, 237 pounds with 10-inch hands — all things that Allbright says will give him initial consideration at the next level.

“The frame to take punishment in the NFL, and that is step one,” Allbright said.

Some Gophers fans likely will want to hit the pause button on this Leidner-drafted hypothesis. What about Leidner receiving boos from hometown fans during the underwhelming 10-7 win over Kent State in September? Or the mini quarterback controversy when he was benched in favor of true freshman Demry Croft in the 27-0 loss at Northwestern in the Big Ten opener?

“He has to work on his mechanics and his ball placement specifically,” Allbright critiqued. “I think he arrives at his reads a little bit late. I saw him throwing balls high that he didn’t need to.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/24/gophers-football-mitch-leidner-the-future-nfl-quarterback/

Go Gophers!!
I was booing Limegrover not Mitch. the OL sucked and the play calling seemed like two people were confusing the calls between running and passing

this is how you spent your Easter Sunday?

While I appreciate your concern about how I spent my day yesterday, I can assure you that it was well spent with my bride and some friends down at the beach. I was on for just a short time while checking my Gopherhole tournament bracket when I came upon your post. Again thanks for your concern. I hope you had a Happy Easter.

I view Mitch as a poor man's Tebow. Both are big and possess strong arms, but neither of them can throw the ball accurately consistently. Tim is obviously a more proven leader, and probably a better runner but would the Gator team Tim played on be much worse with Mitch at quarterback? Probably not.

As I have said before, when you factor in the foot injuries last year, it's not surprising that Leidner didn't seem to be as quick and put on some weight.

With the weight loss and two healthy feet, I'm expecting to see Leidner looking a lot more mobile this year.

I understand that, no matter what Leidner does, some people on this board will never give him any credit, but as a Gopher Fan, this team will go as Leidner goes this year. The better he plays, the better the team's record will be.

If Leidner is getting attention from the NFL scouts at the end of the season, that probably means the Gophs have had a good year. that's a win-win situation in my book.

I view Mitch as a poor man's Tebow. Both are big and possess strong arms, but neither of them can throw the ball accurately consistently. Tim is obviously a more proven leader, and probably a better runner but would the Gator team Tim played on be much worse with Mitch at quarterback? Probably not.

Not even close. Reports out of Denver were that Tim couldn't complete more than 25% of his passes in practice. Mitch is much more accurate than that. Also almost all pro scouts agreed that Tim was a nice college player but he is not a QB. Also, Mitch doesn't have the wheels that Tim had.

Not even close. Reports out of Denver were that Tim couldn't complete more than 25% of his passes in practice. Mitch is much more accurate than that. Also almost all pro scouts agreed that Tim was a nice college player but he is not a QB. Also, Mitch doesn't have the wheels that Tim had.

Tebow was one of the most dominant college football players of the modern era...any era. I love the off season but this is nucking futz.

He sure seemed like he could complete more than 25% in the fourth quarter!

Almost all pro scouts except those that picked him in the first round?
A "nice" college player doesn't win the Heisman and national titles.
All time SEC record holder for passing efficiency, but I'm sure Mitch is more accurate.

year g att comp % yds
2006 14 22 33 66.7 358
2007 13 234 350 66.9 3,286
2008 14 192 298 64.4 2,747
2009 14 213 304 70.1 2,895
Total 55 661 985 67.1 9,286

I am probably a Leidner "apologist" but the comparisons to Tebow are ridiculous. They are probably similar in the passing game (average at best) but Leidner is in no way as effective as a runner. Leidner is an average college QB (which is good for MN) but Tebow, while a joke of a human, was unstoppable in the college game.

They are probably similar in the passing game (average at best) but Leidner is in no way as effective as a runner.

The whole comparison is absurd, and I get that you're trying to add a little more nuance to it, but even tempered this much, the statement is still ridiculous. Tebow was far superior as a college QB to Leidner in literally every respect, including passing (as outlined by Section2 in the post above yours). People are trying to revise history on the basis of Tebow's failure as a pro, but when looking strictly at his college career, he is (even by the harshest critics) one of the best college football players ever. This goes without saying, but Leidner is not.

I am probably a Leidner "apologist" but the comparisons to Tebow are ridiculous. They are probably similar in the passing game (average at best) but Leidner is in no way as effective as a runner. Leidner is an average college QB (which is good for MN) but Tebow, while a joke of a human, was unstoppable in the college game.

"While a joke of a human" Really? I don't think I would judge another person's character without walking a few miles in their shoes.

Assuming you mean joke of a human like sick meaning really good.

i really hope mitch gets drafted next year. watching the draft tonight, seeing how long its been since we had a qb drafted as a qb (not dungy or gray), mitch will be the guy!

Top Bottom