Leidner ranked #5 QB by CBS, #8 by Walter Football 2017 NFL draft

NDSU has a better o-line only based on competition. The Gophers o-line is better than NDSU and would look pretty good playing the same schedule. That being said, Wentz is the better prospect - obviously. I mean, some projections have him as the first QB taken in this draft and there is zero chance of Leidner being in that spot next year. I have my doubts on these Leidner projections, but if nothing else this proves that Leidner is a D1 level QB that you would expect from a school like Minnesota.

There obviously is a small chance. I'll root for that small chance, it means we make the rose bowl and I think we would all enjoy that.

I rarely rip on Mitch and I am not one of those people who has argued for Perra, Croft, Streveler, or Green to be the starting QB HOWEVER Mitch is what he is. He is a decent college QB. He has good size, average athleticism, he isn't particularly accurate and he doesn't have the strongest arm.

I do like Mitch. He's tough, he's been nothing but a class act since the moment he stepped foot on campus and I think he'll lead us to successful season (and he's had a successful career).

I really hope I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anything to make me believe Mitch can play in the NFL.

He actually has a very strong arm. Routinely overthrew receivers on go routes. Also, people forget the kind of offense he came out of in High School. He was not a runner, he was a pro-style passer. Nobody thought Brady would make it, or Brees, Bulger, Brunell, Rypien, Rice, etc. Matt Birk was picked in the 6th round...

That is incredibly surprising. He has improved a lot, but he has never really been in a passing offense and the accuracy is just not there

NDSU has a better o-line only based on competition. The Gophers o-line is better than NDSU and would look pretty good playing the same schedule. That being said, Wentz is the better prospect - obviously. I mean, some projections have him as the first QB taken in this draft and there is zero chance of Leidner being in that spot next year. I have my doubts on these Leidner projections, but if nothing else this proves that Leidner is a D1 level QB that you would expect from a school like Minnesota.

Interesting perspective...that it is level of NDSU competition that makes him look better...good enough to be considered #1 QB pick; and that Gophs OL is better than NDSU's. Wonder how you think ML and OL would look against same competition...good enough to be considered #1 QB prospect?

He actually has a very strong arm. Routinely overthrew receivers on go routes. Also, people forget the kind of offense he came out of in High School. He was not a runner, he was a pro-style passer. Nobody thought Brady would make it, or Brees, Bulger, Brunell, Rypien, Rice, etc. Matt Birk was picked in the 6th round...

Yes, Brady, Brees and Brunell. It really cannot get any more delicious than this thread.

Yes, Brady, Brees and Brunell. It really cannot get any more delicious than this thread.

So...you are one of those people it appears. You know the type that can't help but jump on a poster when a pro player gets mentioned in any way.

keep it up. i love the attention. at this rate, i'll be hawking 'Wait!What? sez Wut?' shirts at the games this fall. again, this is what the off season is about.

keep it up. i love the attention. at this rate, i'll be hawking 'Wait!What? sez Wut?' shirts at the games this fall. again, this is what the off season is about.

Thanks for the clarification. I was sure that nobody could be as dumb to believe that Leidner isn't a division 1 QB.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the clarification. I was sure that nobody could be as dumb to believe that Leidner isn't a division 1 QB.:rolleyes:

It's not that he isn't a D1 QB, it's that he shouldn't be.

It's been awhile since we've talked about this so....

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It's been awhile since we've talked about this so....

Yeah I understood what he was getting at. It's like when someone makes a comparison. Just because someone says a player reminds them of Barry Sanders, Peyton Manning, etc. doesn't mean they think he will be as good as that player.

People just read what they want to. There are fans that will jump down the throat of anyone who says anything good about Leidner. It's bizarre to me.

Also beneficiary of a weak QB class..

Yeah I understood what he was getting at. It's like when someone makes a comparison. Just because someone says a player reminds them of Barry Sanders, Peyton Manning, etc. doesn't mean they think he will be as good as that player.

People just read what they want to. There are fans that will jump down the throat of anyone who says anything good about Leidner. It's bizarre to me.

You think Mitch will be as good as Peyton? I disagree.

Here we go again. You have to take into account he played for a OC that didn't let him throw unless it was 3 and 20+yds.

When they finally gave him protection and let him throw he was fairly accurate. Having a QB/OC coach that is on the same page and an improved Oline will surprise many people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do your have to comment on everything? Give it a rest!

It really bothers you that I put you on my ignore list doesn't it. I find it comical how much you still quote me and try to agitate me. At least you didn't mention other sites or a game from 18-months ago this time. You are making progress. Tool.

You should also check post counts, Killjoy, before commenting on how I post too much (which, as you know, is simply relaying something that was posted by someone else yesterday) as you have posted more than me on this site.

You should also check post counts, Killjoy, before commenting on how I post too much (which, as you know, is simply relaying something that was posted by someone else yesterday) as you have posted more than me on this site.

Wow...someone who has been posting much longer than you has more posts?

Who would've thunk it.

First impressions are strong. Some fans think Mitch will always and forever be that guy that holds the ball for 6 seconds, throws bad INTs, and can't hit the broad side of a barn, despite all the hard evidence. He hasn't taken a ton of sacks, has a decent TD/INT ratio and can sling the ball pretty well when given time. He's even learned to throw the ball away, and slide. If he is healthy this year, and the top 8 linemen stay healthy, we should be in business.

My first impression of Seth Green is that he's not great. I realize that makes me a hater, and I hope Im wrong in 5 years when Seth takes us to the Rose Bowl. Players can get better with effort and the right coaching. I feel like we have that now.

It really bothers you that I put you on my ignore list doesn't it. I find it comical how much you still quote me and try to agitate me. At least you didn't mention other sites or a game from 18-months ago this time. You are making progress. Tool.

Could you put us all on your ignore list?

Mitch will be our starter this year, unless something unforeseen happens. If Mitch can get the ball to his receivers that give them an opportunity to create YAC's I think he will have improved immensely. As I watch him, so many of his throws are low with no ability to advance the ball up field, if he can get the ball up a little bit the offense will make some big plays. Mitch can frustrate the hell out of me at times, but he does have some decent skills and will only get better this year. Can't wait, GO Gophers!

Top Bottom