Leidner ranked #5 QB by CBS, #8 by Walter Football 2017 NFL draft

Hopefully he's still ranked this high at the end of the season!

Wow. That's incredibly surprising. I'd be shocked if Mitch was drafted in the third to fifth round. But good for him if that ends up being the case.

Maybe some scouts are seeing something that most fans are not. Should be an interesting year for Mitch next season.

You can tell he has potential. He just has never quite put it all together.

He needs to stay healthy for an entire season. Then we will know what he can really do.

That's shocking to me... I didn't think he had much of a chance of being drafted.

Yet there are still posters in GopherHole who believe Leidner is not a D1 quarterback.

Wait! What? is must be ****ting his britches. I always thought Leidner could land on a roster, but I've never seen him as potential day two pick

Wow. That's incredibly surprising. I'd be shocked if Mitch was drafted in the third to fifth round. But good for him if that ends up being the case.

Maybe some scouts are seeing something that most fans are not. Should be an interesting year for Mitch next season.

Looks like they put a lot of emphasis on size and arm strength in these rankings, the two areas where Leidner definitely is NFL caliber.

Wait! What? is must be ****ting his britches. I always thought Leidner could land on a roster, but I've never seen him as potential day two pick

Yep, always thought he could have a similar NFL career to Adam Weber. Sign as a priority UNDFA QB and bounce around a couple practice squads and play in a few exhibition games. I'd be happy to see Leidner do the same and thrilled if he was able to get drafted and make an active roster.

I don't think we have ever had a QB drafted in the NFL. In the history of our program.

Would be great if Mitch was the first!

Go Gophers!!

I hope WW's wife was able to call for an ambulance in time to save him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is dumb and not even accurate. Mitch does NOT have a faster 40 time than Dobbs or Beathard.

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/Iowa_logo.gif

C.J. Beathard, QB, Iowa
Height: 6-2. Weight: 209.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
Projected Round (2017): 5-7.

Josh Dobbs, QB, Tennessee
Height: 6-4. Weight: 220.
Projected 40 Time: 4.74.
Projected Round (2016): 3-5.

Mitch Leidner, QB, Minnesota
Height: 6-4. Weight: 236.
Projected 40 Time: 4.70.
Projected Round (2017): 3-5.

If this happens:

1) I'd be thrilled.

2) Nobody should ever listen to me again.

Some of the replies to gopherhole's tweet of this news are quite amusing. Strib comment section level amusing.

CBS also doesn't have Myrick in the top 123 for CBs. A good and healthy season, and he will get drafted.

This is dumb and not even accurate. Mitch DOES NOT have a faster 40 time than Beathard or Dobbs.

C.J. Beathard, QB, Iowa

this is what the off season is all about. wonderful stuff.

I follow this pretty close and I am stunned. I would have guessed UFA. Alot can change in a year of course.

This is dumb and not even accurate. Mitch DOES NOT have a faster 40 time than Beathard or Dobbs.

C.J. Beathard, QB, Iowa

I hate Iowa but CJ Beahard is the best NFL prospect of these 3.

Wow, didn't expect to see this. Good for Mitch. Having him on these lists should be motivation and raises his profile. If it had been one list I would have scoffed, but two independent lists leads me to believe the scouts see a lot of potential. Hopefully the new offensive coaches can turn him into a star.

Again, the experts here (Especially wait!what?) have let me down! I thought I could trust them.:cry: Anyway, that pretty good for a division II QB.:clap:

Again, the experts here (Especially wait!what?) have let me down! I thought I could trust them.:cry: Anyway, that pretty good for a division II QB.:clap:

I'm not sure what is more strange. wait!what?'s obsession with Leidner. Or your obsession with wait!what?

Looks like they put a lot of emphasis on size and arm strength in these rankings, the two areas where Leidner definitely is NFL caliber.

Big, strong kid with decent wheels for someone his size. His mechanics are a little inconsistent and he doesn't check down that well, but the checking down part may be due to the Pop Warner passing game employed under Limegrover and endorsed by Kill. Claeys seemed to open things up a little and Leidner did a lot better. Lord knows with all the drama the kid has encountered since suiting up at the U, it says a lot about his composure.

I'm all in on Leidner leading us to a J1 Bowl with a solid season. Against this seasons weaker schedule he's going to put up solid numbers.

Sandy Stephens was drafted. Also, I think the issue with Lender is that he has never had real good coaching nor a very good O Line. Both of these are going to change this season.

GO MITCH!

Top Bottom