Sid: John Anderson has signed a five-year contract extension

The program appears to be trending in the wrong direction. Are we sure a 5 year extension was the right move?

I understand your concern, but this year they should be trending dramatically upward, if they can stay healthy. Right now, one of our top hitters is hurt and one of our top pitchers is hurt, so hopefully we can still trend upwards,

I, for one, am glad to hear this. John is an excellent coach and ambassador for the program and the University. I also believe they are trending upward. 5-2 now. I'm expecting good things this year and moving forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe in coach Anderson but I don't go as far as the Masonites did when anyone criticized Coach Mason on the football message board they had a melt down and ripped people to pieces.

I can understand John Anderson's critics frustration about the program. No NCAA tournament appearances in the last five years. All the better MN recruits going elsewhere. I'm sure the ladies softball team becoming a top 25 team these last couple years has only added to the frustration. If the ladies can do it, why not the men.

It's been a rough five years. At the same time you have to factor in the positives during these last five years. How john was the driving force in getting a new stadium and getting it lighted. Plus he was instrumental in getting the locker room update and getting new batting cages at Seibert field. He was one of the main driving forces in making sure the Vikings stadium was conducive to amatuer baseball.

Coach has done a lot so if he retires after his five year contract the coach behind him has a lot more to work with then he did. It's not even close. Plus I think if the team this year can stay healthy and get a couple of our better ballplayers back from injury it could be a great year.

I can see why people are frustrated, but I think we have a much brighter future ahead.

I understand your concern, but this year they should be trending dramatically upward, if they can stay healthy. Right now, one of our top hitters is hurt and one of our top pitchers is hurt, so hopefully we can still trend upwards,
Who is hurt?

Toby Hanson has not played since he collided with an opposing player last week on the base paths. Gilbreadth has not pitched yet this year, and the only reason he hasn't pitched this year has to be discipline issue or injury. I'm guessing it's probably injury.

The program appears to be trending in the wrong direction. Are we sure a 5 year extension was the right move?

Yep. He is a legacy coach. He gets to stay until he's ready to be done.

Yep. He is a legacy coach. He gets to stay until he's ready to be done.
I agree, but he needs to stop the complaining about the northern teams being at a disadvantage and the ideas of playing separately from the rest of college baseball. He needs to adapt and maybe recruit harder. Northern teams can compete.

Should help to have the new US Bank stadium to play games in. It's no coincidence the program has digressed with the Metrodome being torn down.

Top Bottom