Mason, McBrayer and Dorsey suspended

Holy ...k. this sucks

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WHY? Pitino seems to do pretty well in the area of disciplining for bad or questionable actions. Three bad actors already released from the program under his cognizance. These three suspended for this game, perhaps more. I don't see the coach as the issue, here.

Agreed, not like every player on the team was involved, when you recruit you can't see this coming.

Sorry but the whole Pitino family is turning out to breed this type of behavior he needs to go. If we had an ad it should be 2morow.

Right or wrong...this stuff ALWAYS reflects on the coach. How does he explain all these things happening in one season? How many other programs go through this in a season? (Real question, I don't know) but I know you don't see this crap at Wisconsin or MSU.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's part of the problem in today's modern culture - too many damn people are blaming others for the bad actions of a few. No, it's an issue of personal responsibility. All Pitino can do at this point is discipline the bad actions.

That's part of the problem in today's modern culture - too many damn people are blaming others for the bad actions of a few. No, it's an issue of personal responsibility. All Pitino can do at this point is discipline the bad actions.

BS. When you have to suspend or kick off every guard on your team, you're doing something wrong.

Fire Richard. Cut them all. I would rather be 0-30 then support this bunch. I can't imagine being a parent, bringing a child to Williams Arena to support players participating in this type of behavior. What an embarrassment.
"This type of behavior"

You don't even know what they did, relax

Edit: Honestly just saw that Dorsey post from before. If that's the reason that's pretty bad

Like I said right or wrong...personal responsibility is a non factor anymore. It's a societal issue, not just here.

This board has a long history of crucifying other coaches for the actions of players, I expect no different this time.

If there are any problem kids on our 2016 class, then Pitino has a recruiting problem. So many off court issues in 3 years. At some point don't you have to look at the type of kids you're bringing in?

Or is there an issue when the kids get to Minnesota? Like are they allowed to go wild and do what they want until Pitino has no choice? It's not like the three guys who were suspended tonight didn't have other good offers out of high school so there must not have been some big red flag about their character.

Either way, this is happening under Pitino and it raises even more doubt if he can ever be a successful coach.

If it does and proves to be what we expect...I see this team and staff getting blown up at the end of the year.

Yep. The Pitino being dead coach walking factor gets multiplied by 100 if those 3 are not here next year. You'd have to nuke it and move on.

Agree on this. It's on the coach for the type of players he brings in and the culture of the program. but it's up to the players to not be stupid. About the only shred of positive is that Pitino seems to be proactive in suspending them and not trying to sweep it under the rug.

I'm not ready to sound the siren on Pitino, but it's now gone further than just a coincidence. Three players that he recruited dismissed in 3 years. Multiple other suspensions. It's not just "the actions of a few." He's a young coach learning how to recruit, but he definitely needs to have a clean year next year. You don't need to read minds to judge the character of the players you are choosing to represent a University. If your boss hired and fired 3 guys in 3 years for behavioral issues you'd question his ability to hire people, wouldn't you?

I think the fact that Pitino is quick to action when stuff like this happens is a reflection of his good character, but I also think the fact that all this stuff happening in 3 years is a reflection of is recruiting ability (or maybe his ability to teach young kids how to be men). Jerry Kill managed teams of 100 people and didn't have as many problems as Pitino's 12 man roster.

Agreed, not like every player on the team was involved, when you recruit you can't see this coming.

I don't think it says much to the character of players we're bringing in. Wisconsin, OSU, MSU might have an issue every five years or so...how many guys have we had to kick off, suspend, or have left in anger?

Fire Richard. Cut them all. I would rather be 0-30 then support this bunch. I can't imagine being a parent, bringing a child to Williams Arena to support players participating in this type of behavior. What an embarrassment.

^ Found the guy that's pissed he was never in a 3-way.

those previous threads about "coming together as a team" and "being competitive in every thing we do" seem a little different with this news

On positive thing about Pitino is that we have Sharpe as a walk on. Capable enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right or wrong...this stuff ALWAYS reflects on the coach. How does he explain all these things happening in one season? How many other programs go through this in a season? (Real question, I don't know) but I know you don't see this crap at Wisconsin or MSU.

Yep. The lack of known incidents on the football team in Kill's tenure might be his finest accomplishment, given the # of players.

Clem didn't make the players cheat either. But he still had to take the fall. It's life.

Reading this thread, I'm 100% thankful that my job security is not dependent on what some 19 year-olds do in their non-chaperoned spare time.

Hope like hell I'm wrong but I've had this kicked in the stomach feeling before. Wonder if the Iron Five still has eligibility left. If the woman gives any indication she wasn't totally in agreement with this, they're all gone.

Dorsey's second suspension this year is concerning. He might be the one that whatever message is coming from the staff about off the court behavior isn't being received by him.

Reading this thread, I'm 100% thankful that my job security is not dependent on what some 19 year-olds do in their non-chaperoned spare time.

Ya, I'm thankful I don't make $1,000,000 a year either.

Guys just back off. You tell me how as a recruiter you would have been able to anticipate that these players would have done this? Stop pilling on and let it work itself out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been any comment or statement from Pitino or the UofM (other than announcing the suspension)?

Top Bottom