I Hope This is Nothing, but.........

Doesn't Pitino forbid himself and his players from using Twitter during the season? That might lend further credence to the idea that someone else got into his account and posted them.

Time out. This is a new era - relatively - of social media mistakes (posting unsavory content) turning young people's mistakes into crimes in the court of INSTANT public opinion. Let us just chill out for a couple of days and let it sort itself out.

For historical reference, I lived in Sanford Hall in '88-'89 with the underclassman football players. Two players lived across the hall from me and they were, truly, 'ladies men' as a previous poster labelled. I know with certaintly that conduct such as that now deleted from Dorsey's social media account did, infact, occur across the hall. It has happened forever, I would imagine, across every collegiate campus. It's sex. Is it consensual? I sure as hell hope so. If not, the victim(s) should certainly seek assistance from the police. But why on earth would we rush to judgment on this young person when there has been no alleged sexual assault?

I'm no lawyer but I imagine the female has to consent to having it both filmed and published? As long as he's got the consent to film and publish covered, everything should be fine.

I'm no lawyer either but is this similar or the same as recordings (audio) where only one person being recorded has to be aware (Minnesota law)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look - let's assume it's consensual. It still doesn't look good. I don't think the U of M wants this as the public image of its Men's BB program - "Gopher Hoops - banging chicks from behind on the internet!" Now there's a bumper sticker.

I assume the team has rules about allowable conduct - including "don't post sex videos on the internet and embarrass the program," or words to that effect.

It may be legal - it may be consensual - but if this video is legitimate, there will be repercussions.

If she was of legal age and not impaired by drugs so was able to give consent there is no crime.
However taking the video and sharing it with the world without her writen or recoded consent is a crime.

Look - let's assume it's consensual. It still doesn't look good. I don't think the U of M wants this as the public image of its Men's BB program - "Gopher Hoops - banging chicks from behind on the internet!" Now there's a bumper sticker.

I assume the team has rules about allowable conduct - including "don't post sex videos on the internet and embarrass the program," or words to that effect.

It may be legal - it may be consensual - but if this video is legitimate, there will be repercussions.

Yup. Can't believe people think that because it's legal that nothing will happen.

It's not illegal to have someone else do your homework. How did that story end?

Yup. Can't believe people think that because it's legal that nothing will happen.

Yep. The kid is gone if it was him on film. Not sure how this isn't going to get ugly.

1.) nothing stops someone from making a fake video that says that.

2.) I doubt the athletes conduct rules they sign have anything that specific

3.) and as such they'll likely let him off on a technicality keep him around so long as there is a coach to go to bat for him. (assuming nothing illegal was happening) no need to let a mistake of this nature ruin a kids life.

Academic dishonesty is on forms you sign saying you wont do when you attend the university. I'm not entirely sure this would be.

I don't know Tim, he just dumped Morris days ago for conduct. It's going to be.....interesting, for lack of a better word.

Well we don't know the whole story yet. What happens if it was him in the video but someone stole his phone and posted something that was never meant to be made public?

Heck, only a handful of people have actually seen the video and it doesn't appear that anyone could say for sure who was actually in it.

Academic dishonesty is on forms you sign saying you wont do when you attend the university. I'm not entirely sure this would be.

I'm sure there is an overarching statement about representing the university. Both tied to his scholarship and to his attendance. If it was considered okay, I have a hard time believing more people wouldn't post stuff like that.

I'm sure it is a mistake. He was probably trying to DM someone or who knows what, but I have a hard time believing it wasn't him when every phone nowadays is password or fingerprint protected.

I'm sure there is an overarching statement about representing the university. Both tied to his scholarship and to his attendance.

+1. Still can't ("can't" in terms of a fairness standpoint) kick a kid out unless you can prove it was him and he posted it on purpose?

+1. Still can't ("can't" in terms of a fairness standpoint) kick a kid out unless you can prove it was him and he posted it on purpose?

If it was an accident, I can see some leeway being given. It really depends on how coach and Beth Goetz feel at the end of the day.

Norwood would have loved this ****.

It's really hard to believe it was an accident, as I don't think I've ever accidentally tweeted a video out. That being said, there's basically no evidence that this ever occurred, so I really doubt anything will ever come of it.

If this is true.....HOW CAN ANYONE BE SO STUPID TO POST A VIDEO LIKE THAT TO THEIR TWITTER????????? That's below moronic.

The short answer to your question: because at the time of filming, Kevin Dorsey had abdicated all decision making to Kevin Jr.

Let's hope worst case is suspension for rest of year.

Hope none of it is true.

If he makes the trip to Ill. (Did they leave yet?) it might be an indication of his current ummm...situation.

For historical reference, I lived in Sanford Hall in '88-'89 with the underclassman football players. Two players lived across the hall from me and they were, truly, 'ladies men' as a previous poster labelled. I know with certaintly that conduct such as that now deleted from Dorsey's social media account did, infact, occur across the hall. It has happened forever, I would imagine, across every collegiate campus. It's sex. Is it consensual? I sure as hell hope so. If not, the victim(s) should certainly seek assistance from the police. But why on earth would we rush to judgment on this young person when there has been no alleged sexual assault?

Because he frickin posted it on his twitter account! Why the hell wouldn't we judge him for doing something that incredibly idiotic assuming he was the one who actually posted it? He probably deserves to get the same treatment that Morris, Mcneil and Lofton got, the boot.

I saw both of the videos. I apologize for being graphic but here it what I saw. In the two videos, two guys were double teaming a girl from the front and behind. In the second video, there was a different girl and Dorsey was taking the front while the other guy was doing her from behind. You could clearly see his face although he is the only one that I could see. Both videos were extremely graphic.

I wouldn't complain at all if Pitino did give him the boot which is what probably should happen. If Kill was the coach you could bet he would be gone in a heartbeat.

Also, as noted on GI, it would be illegal to post this if the female did give consent to post the video I believe.

If indeed true...he gone. What a moron.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/25146564/bill-self-weighs-punishing-tharpe-for-lewd-picture-on-twitter here is some precedence. Naadir Tharpe from Kansas a few years back with a lewd selfie. Nothing serious happened to him.

I think the key difference is that from what I've read Tharpe didn't post that picture himself.

I will also add that in one corner of the internet talking about the Tharpe photo someone wrote, "Definitely the first time Tharpe nailed a 3 this March."

Well, the question of how to divide up minutes at the 1 and 2 next year may have just got a lot simpler....

Top Bottom