I Hope This is Nothing, but.........

These guys are not just regular college students with active sex lives. They're scholorship athletes who represent the university. Their job is to go to class, play ball & not embarrass the university. Clearly they failed on the last count. Spin it anyway you like, this is not just a normal thing being blown out of proportion. With our history of rapes, sexual assaults and inappropriate sexual conduct (admin as well as players!) this is the LAST thing we need right now. Especially during a long, losing season where the coach is already taking a ton of heat. If you think this stuff won't be brought up by opposing coaches on the recruiting trail you're nuts.

My thoughts exactly.

This thread is the last thing I read before going to sleep last night, and I'll tell you this: all you all should have been at the party I was at in my dream last night.

Sounds like Dorsey needs to be gone. Sounds like Pitino should of never recruited him based on what Go4 said his Twitter acct was like in HS and some of the other comments made here. Sounds like a real character guy. No wonder this team sucks so much. Look forward to see how the interim AD handles this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not trying to stir the pot here, but Dorsey's anything but an angel child. I've seen some of the other things he does at parties, and it's not something you'd be proud at all to see from someone who represents the University. He's not particularly respectful to some of the university officials either. That being said, it's not like he's some anomaly among 18-22 year old college athletes either. Nor do I think he should be punished as such when many other athletes are engaging in such behavior. I for one think if he can keep his shenanigans out of the spotlight and stay relatively in order, he'll have an excellent career for the Gophers.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

how has Amelia or Marcus not tweeted any direct quotes from Pitino regarding this situation

Apparently both Marcus and Amelia did not make the trip - corporate decision by their newspapers (which I read to mean penny pinching) which turned out to be really bad timing.

Oh boy...things about to get ugly. Character and judgment issues abound in this program and it's probably time to flush out the coop. I generally like Coach Richie but enough is enough and I'm not even blaming him for the stupid actions of 18 - 22 olds. I had some pretty crazy moments in college @ Mankato but I wasn't on scholarship and cell phone videos didn't exist. My guess is all 3 of these guys are not at the U in the Fall. As long as we hang on to Murphy and Coffey, we should be just fine with the following starting line-up:

C - Dr. Don (Talks a big game, likes the ladies and can buy alcohol for the undergrads on the team)
PF - Jordan Murphy (Too busy dunking on people to worry about anything else going on)
SF - Slim Tubby (Also a huge "ladies' man" but too shy now days and can't figure out how to use all of the features of my smart phone to actually get into any trouble)
SG - Amir Coffey (His dad will kick the crap out of anyone not toting the company line and also convince Papa Trent to join the staff after his son commits to the Gophers)
PG - Bleed Gopher - Obvious leader of the program, convinces Kaler he is the right person to run the AD and immediately changes the entire persona of Gopher athletics with the hires of Dungy (Football), Trent Tucker (Men's BB), Lindsey Whalen (Women's BB), Natalie Darwitz (Women's Hockey), Ben Clymer (Men's Hockey) and Brock Lesnar (Wrestling)

Slim, love the starting 5, but not sure I have what it takes to bring Lesnar in the mix. That guy scares me!!

Go Gophers!!

Slim, love the starting 5, but not sure I have what it takes to bring Lesnar in the mix. That guy scares me!!

Go Gophers!!

The way I figure it, you hire Lesnar first by offering big money and the rest will all follow suit too afraid to say no to Lesnar. The perfect Assistant AD. I'm personally waiting for the F5 on Lucia...

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm very glad they will be playing on Wednesday. Hope this is a sign that nothing else is going to happen with this.

"I hope this is nothing, but...." appears to have helped make it into something. is that a good thing or not? Was Doogie really going to have this salacious info and not bring it out? Was the local media going to protect the program for once but then the talk started on here? I realize the world is different now with social media omni-present but i wonder if stuff like this stays quieter in a "college" town like Columbus, Madison, Champaign, Bloomington etc. I used to think one of the problems with the U seemingly getting in trouble with the NCAA or any of its other controversies was that there were 2 newspapers in a small town and neither one of them "needed" the local college team to be successful. Now it appears the newspapers are behind us loyal fans in reporting our teams indiscretions. I'm not blaming the original poster, but there are things i have seen and heard that i don't bring up- (nothing to this level ) -so is that good or bad? Is me not bringing it up part of the problem that was allowed to escalate?

I'm conflicted -- and I will probably feel different in 10 years when my 20 year old son is older and my 10 year old daughter will be 20.

"I hope this is nothing, but...." appears to have helped make it into something. is that a good thing or not? Was Doogie really going to have this salacious info and not bring it out? Was the local media going to protect the program for once but then the talk started on here? I realize the world is different now with social media omni-present but i wonder if stuff like this stays quieter in a "college" town like Columbus, Madison, Champaign, Bloomington etc. I used to think one of the problems with the U seemingly getting in trouble with the NCAA or any of its other controversies was that there were 2 newspapers in a small town and neither one of them "needed" the local college team to be successful. Now it appears the newspapers are behind us loyal fans in reporting our teams indiscretions. I'm not blaming the original poster, but there are things i have seen and heard that i don't bring up- (nothing to this level ) -so is that good or bad? Is me not bringing it up part of the problem that was allowed to escalate?

I'm conflicted -- and I will probably feel different in 10 years when my 20 year old son is older and my 10 year old daughter will be 20.

Isn't it different if you hear something and choose not to share it on GH, than if the person who actually did it posts it on twitter and brags about it?

You think if a Buckeye player had posted this video on their Twitter, no one would have noticed? This wasn't a situation where someone heard a rumor about what was going on behind a closed door and repeated it. Dorsey basically opened the closed door and shouted down the hall "hey, come see what's going on in here."

I'm very glad they will be playing on Wednesday. Hope this is a sign that nothing else is going to happen with this.
Yeah, they will laser sharp and not easily rattled by anything hecklers might start shouting. [/derp]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I think the fact that this is Dinkytown rather than Columbus or Anne Arbor is what made this story relatively quiet and mostly provincial.

Top Bottom