Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Former Gopher great Chris Darkins arrested for role in a drug trafficking

Yikes. Per the link:

A Houston man, formerly a player for the Green Bay Packers, has been arrested for his alleged role in a drug trafficking and money laundering ring that reached from here to California and Georgia.

Christopher Darkins is accused in Georgia in a federal indictment that names 31 people. He is charged with one count of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana.

The ring, which allegedly moved marijuana and cocaine, sent drugs through the mail from Houston and California to various parts of Georgia for distribution. It allegedly operated from 2012-2014, and was also connected to money laundering and firearms, according to federal authorities.

Go Gophers!!

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveMilesTarver View Post
    I hope it isn't true as he was an exceptional player and very good student if memory serves me. If the charges are true, I guess he'll no longer be one of my favorite ex-players.

fricking packers.

I am against drug trafficking.
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Spoofin View Post
    I am against drug trafficking.
    Duly noted.

Go Gophers!!

The Packers must have done this to him

Jeez.

Great football player.

still innocent. give it some time

Just another example of why you spend as little time as possible in Wisconsin. The contagion gets worse as you move east in the state.

Whatever became of this? A google search was not fruitful. The only reason I'm digging up these old bones is that I noticed the U of M did a "catching up" session with Darkins for Black History Month. Darkins answers to the questions are strange, but that's just my opinion. Check it out.
    https://gophersports.com/news/2019/2...s-darkins.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by CWCWCW View Post
    Whatever became of this? A google search was not fruitful. The only reason I'm digging up these old bones is that I noticed the U of M did a "catching up" session with Darkins for Black History Month. Darkins answers to the questions are strange, but that's just my opinion. Check it out.
    His answers reminded me of this.

Quote Originally Posted by CWCWCW View Post
    He sounds like a complete disingenuous d-bag from those comments.
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    Even for a drug trafficker?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    Interesting LinkedIn page. https://www.linkedin.com/in/christopher-darkins-9bb4a36

It also mentions "...and in 2018 received a Certificate of Congressional Recognition for being wrongfully accused of a crime that led to his incarceration for 7 months before being judicially vindicated."