All Things Blaise Andries Thread

A l'il bit of neck craning wouldn't hurt the recruitin'.

Just to be clear - I saw him play hoops this winter. He is at least 6'6" or 6"7" legit - either that, or the guy who was guarding him was a midget.

If he's actually 6'7" one would think he'd be listed at least 6'8". It's that Minnesota modesty. Wait, hey're using actual measurements at a sports program? I prefer the "size 'em up" method, or rather the "eye-ballin' " method used by colleges. If he's taller than that guy we guessed was 6'4", then by golly he's gotta be at least 6'5", minimum. KJ Maye was 5'10" dontcha' know.
'10"

Compared to last year this year is such a weak recruiting class. This is our best in state recruit?

Compared to last year this year is such a weak recruiting class. This is our best in state recruit?

Yeah he is, but yeah I think we are gonna go more out of state for recruiting this year and if we have a good record that will help.. IMO the only instate kids will be Ryerse, Andries,Wilson, Jermaine Johnson and nick bolden but it is too early to tell coaches will see during camps

You're concerned that a guy with 20 high major offers is our best in-state recruit? Really?

Off the top of my head, Andries, Wilson, Abojei, Ryerse, and Bolden all have P5 offers. I'm sure several more get offers by the time summer camps roll around. While it's obviously not up to the standards of what the state produced last year, it's a fairly typical MN high school recruiting class.

You're concerned that a guy with 20 high major offers is our best in-state recruit? Really?

Yes - I'm concerned about this MN recruiting class helping this team in the future.

Yes - I'm concerned about this MN recruiting class helping this team in the future.

That's a different issue altogether. The quality of the top recruit and the quality of the class as a whole are two very different things. I agree that the class is not as deep as I would like, but Andries (based on offers, rating, etc.) is as good as almost any top MN recruit in the Rivals era.

It is not as good as last year's class, but how many Minnesota classes have been? 2017 should still be better than 2015 by a pretty decent margin.

That's a different issue altogether. The quality of the top recruit and the quality of the class as a whole are two very different things. I agree that the class is not as deep as I would like, but Andries (based on offers, rating, etc.) is as good as almost any top MN recruit in the Rivals era.

My question was - Is this our best in state recruit? Not jumping on the kids talent\rating. C'mon Bro!

That's a lot of interested schools for a guy with 3 stars, the three and 4 star recruits seem to overlap sometimes. I'm guessing he gets upgraded depending on the team that picks him up.

My question was - Is this our best in state recruit? Not jumping on the kids talent\rating. C'mon Bro!

Mixing this and is up makes for two completely different questions.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

per STrib:

The Gophers received some big news on the morning of Saturday's spring game, as a highly coveted recruit committed to Minnesota.

Blaise Andries, a 6-6, 290-pound offensive lineman from Marshall, Minn., announced on Twitter that he will stick with his in-state school.

Andries had reported offers from Michigan State, Oklahoma, Oregon, TCU, Nebraska, Missouri, Penn State, Arkansas, Florida among others.

http://www.startribune.com/top-line...mits-to-gophers-before-spring-game/375136181/

Go Gophers!!

Is he a goner if Notre Dame comes calling...

Yup, he is going there for Junior Day on March 19.
Now that Baise has commited to the Gophers please explain this post

Too early for never...

He is ours! TC has sealed the borders.

Granted he is a MN kid and it is good he stayed home but he seems a bit short to be a dominant OL in the BIG.

Granted he is a MN kid and it is good he stayed home but he seems a bit short to be a dominant OL in the BIG.

6'6" and most 17-year olds aren't done growing. His height is the least of my worries.

We'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you meant OT instead of "OL". In which case, your comment is still questionable.

Pretty sure Coach Miller is like 6'3" or 6'4". Blaise is plenty tall.

14_4373412.png

Top Bottom