All Things Blaise Andries Thread

lets be honest

When Epping left the program he was the Last of the true nasty big guys

We need more nastiness more so than more Cow Bell

CQXduTEVEAEzGNC.jpg

This is worth a thousand words. We need a few meanies on our line.

I too am hoping that he'd sign early and anchor the 2017 recruiting class. That'll be awesome.

His folks can come to his home games since it is less than three hours away.

Tweets that Michigan State and Miami have offered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tweets that Michigan State and Miami have offered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't mean to jinx it but I think he has a 6 day offer streak with more than half of those have long multiple offers in a day, hope he keeps getting offered but ultimately we have to keep him in state and make it a trend to get the top player in state here every year

Don't mean to jinx it but I think he has a 6 day offer streak with more than half of those have long multiple offers in a day, hope he keeps getting offered but ultimately we have to keep him in state and make it a trend to get the top player in state here every year

12 offers since last Monday
Monday - Virginia, Oklahoma, Memphis, Vanderbilt
Tuesday - Oregon
Thursday - Florida, Arizona
Saturday - Syracuse, Duke, Penn State
Monday - Michigan State, Miami

12 offers since last Monday
Monday - Virginia, Oklahoma, Memphis, Vanderbilt
Tuesday - Oregon
Thursday - Florida, Arizona
Saturday - Syracuse, Duke, Penn State
Monday - Michigan State, Miami

He gets offered by Arkansas tonight

I'm not impressed with him. 3-star. Eh. Now, if they bump him to 4-stars I will instantly be impressed and want him at the U.

Blaise and 2016 Gopher Drew Hmielewski were on the losing end of this game last night.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have no "evidence" to back this up, but my impression is that some - not all - schools play "follow the leader" with making offers. A kid gets "hot" on the recruiting trail, starts picking up major offers, and other schools say "hey, this guy is getting a lot of offers. We'd better offer him too if we want to have a chance."

Let's face it - it doesn't cost anything to throw out offers at this point of the process. Now, when you start getting closer to signing day, and the commitments start adding up, you have to be a little more selective - but we're not at that point yet.

For selective readers - this is NOT a knock on Andries - just a general comment about recruiting. I think Andries can be a solid D1 player - just not an instant impact kid. He may not start year one, but should be a solid 2 or 3-year starter. And that's pretty darn good in my book.

I contacted a high school friend that i haven't talked with in 30 years and he worked with Blaise's dad for 20 years so by my math our odds are 1 in 50. Unless instead of adding, I should have multiplied and then it might be 600 to 1.

serious though, he did say the family has always been Gopher supporters, but i couldn't get a commitment from a friend of the family. Sorry GH

I have no "evidence" to back this up, but my impression is that some - not all - schools play "follow the leader" with making offers. A kid gets "hot" on the recruiting trail, starts picking up major offers, and other schools say "hey, this guy is getting a lot of offers. We'd better offer him too if we want to have a chance."

Let's face it - it doesn't cost anything to throw out offers at this point of the process. Now, when you start getting closer to signing day, and the commitments start adding up, you have to be a little more selective - but we're not at that point yet.

For selective readers - this is NOT a knock on Andries - just a general comment about recruiting. I think Andries can be a solid D1 player - just not an instant impact kid. He may not start year one, but should be a solid 2 or 3-year starter. And that's pretty darn good in my book.

This exactly. A lot of schools play the: "Oh, well if they offered him it means hes good so we probably should too"

This exactly. A lot of schools play the: "Oh, well if they offered him it means hes good so we probably should too"

It's probably more of the "let's research this kid, he's picking up offers from some pretty good schools."

It's probably more of the "let's research this kid, he's picking up offers from some pretty good schools."

This is exactly what it is. It's the same reason some guys have their recruiting score go up after they get some good offers. I think rivals, 247 sports, etc. take a closer look at a recruit after they get these good offers. There are thousands of recruits out there and it is nearly impossible to do a detailed evaluation of everyone. Sometimes players are just under-evaluated.

This is exactly what it is. It's the same reason <b>some guys have their recruiting score go up after they get some good offers.</b>

Oh Boy. You are asking for it now.....

Is he a goner if Notre Dame comes calling...

Yup, he is going there for Junior Day on March 19.

This is exactly what it is. It's the same reason some guys have their recruiting score go up after they get some good offers. I think rivals, 247 sports, etc. take a closer look at a recruit after they get these good offers. There are thousands of recruits out there and it is nearly impossible to do a detailed evaluation of everyone. Sometimes players are just under-evaluated.

And some are over-evaluated and over-rated. It's just human nature.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gLNhIbroC4s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

per Greder:

Marshall offensive tackle Blaise Andries, the top-rated high school recruit in Minnesota in the 2017 class, attended Gophers spring practice Saturday.

Andries, a four-star, 6-foot-5 and 300-pound player, has recently visited Notre Dame and Michigan State this spring and has plans to visit Northwestern, Nebraska and Oklahoma in the coming weeks.

Besides Andries, the Gophers hosted about a dozen 2017 recruits Saturday, including Eric Abojei, a three-star, 6-4, 310-pound guard from Robbinsdale Cooper. Abojei, who has offers from Iowa State and Minnesota, is considered a top five player from the state.

http://www.twincities.com/2016/03/26/top-recruit-blaise-andries-visits-gophers-football-practice/

Go Gophers!!

On his latest "Scoops" podcast, Doogie said the Gophers feel good about their position with Blaise coming out of his recent visit.

Go Gophers!!

ah - 6'5" - he must have shrunk a couple of inches after basketball, because he was at least 6'7" a month ago.

Top Bottom