All Things Blaise Andries Thread

I'm curious to see how that plays out. I think he was backup to a sophomore if I am not mistaken. It's not clear to me what his path is to playing time.

Yeah, it'd be interesting to see what his priorities were going into college. If he wanted to play a lot, he obviously made the wrong choice. But if he wanted to win a lot of football games and play alongside great players, he's probably happy with his decision. It seems very unlikely either way that he's playing on Sundays.

I'm curious to see how that plays out. I think he was backup to a sophomore if I am not mistaken. It's not clear to me what his path is to playing time.

Graduate transfer somewhere now that he has a ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has JC Hassenauer played much at Bama ?

I did a little research on him during the CFP, he was the starter heading in to spring practice but they were working out an OG at center. The OG ended up staying at OG an JC was beat out in fall practice. It is clear they don't see him as a starting caliber player.

I did a little research on him during the CFP, he was the starter heading in to spring practice but they were working out an OG at center. The OG ended up staying at OG an JC was beat out in fall practice. It is clear they don't see him as a starting caliber player.

For whatever reason offensive lineman recruited out of Minnesota struggle at the next level and fail to make it to the NFL. Even Pirsig who was highly rated had a solid, but up and down college career. Hopefully Blaise can break through and have a great career.

Currently there are only 4 NFL offensive lineman from the state of MN, which is the same number as WR in the NFL from MN. There are 8 offensive lineman in the NFL from the state of Iowa, and 9 from the state of Wisconsin.

per Sid:

• Two players from Marshall, Minn., population 13,680, will be on the Gophers football team in 2017. One is incoming freshman Blaise Andries, an offensive lineman regarded as the best recruit in the state. The other is Drew Hmielewski, a wide receiver, who also lettered in baseball and basketball at Marshall but didn’t play for the Gophers in 2016 because of injury.

http://www.startribune.com/tom-thibodeau-wants-wolves-to-focus-on-daily-improvement-first/413501423/

Go Gophers!!

Besides murdering the starter and possibly whoever would potentially beat him out at #2..... not clear to me either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaise Andries' basketball career is extended, they're going to state. Will play at the Barn on Wednesday.

(originally put this in wrong thread)

Blaise Andries' basketball career is extended, they're going to state. Will play at the Barn on Wednesday.

(originally put this in wrong thread)

Saw Blaise play earlier this winter. He sets a hell of a screen.

Trey Lance is another guy to keep an eye on, good hoops player but will play football in college. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a Gopher offer.

A couple of Andries plays made the highlights from the section championship here: http://www.keyc.com/story/34936036/marshall-tigers-top-bluejays-for-section-2aaa-title

Marshall's senior class includes Andries, a FCS football player, two Division II basketball players, one Division III basketball player and a Division III football player. There's also a Division I baseball player (not on the basketball roster).

Not bad for a town of 13,000....

Trey Lance is another guy to keep an eye on, good hoops player but will play football in college. Wouldn't be surprised to see him get a Gopher offer.

I'd be surprised at this point. Not sure he fits the system and I believe Fleck told the 2018 QB commit he'd be the only QB brought in. Things could change, but I'm not expecting it. Would be cool to have the MHS to Minnesota pipeline go a third straight year though!

I'd be surprised at this point. Not sure he fits the system and I believe Fleck told the 2018 QB commit he'd be the only QB brought in. Things could change, but I'm not expecting it. Would be cool to have the MHS to Minnesota pipeline go a third straight year though!

From his tape, he looks athletic enough to play a number of positions. I wonder if he's dead-set on QB at the next level.

If he gets offered, it's likely be at OLB.

I wouldn't expect him to get a Gopher offer to play QB. Like Kamal Martin, he will likely have the option to play QB at a FCS school or play a different position at a FBS school.

I wouldn't expect him to get a Gopher offer to play QB. Like Kamal Martin, he will likely have the option to play QB at a FCS school or play a different position at a FBS school.

He's already gotten a FBS offer to play at Northern Illinois, plus NDSU, SDSU and Brown in FCS. I guess I'm not 100% certain if the offers are all to play QB, but I'd guess so.

Did anyone watch Blaise play yesterday? I hope he can block DE like that guard that tried to go through him and flew off of him and hit the ground. lol

Did anyone watch Blaise play yesterday? I hope he can block DE like that guard that tried to go through him and flew off of him and hit the ground. lol

The kid has a heck of a base. His legs are twice as big as most of the kids he's playing against. with a frame like that, a year in a college level strength program, and he is going to be huge. But - he's got decent feet and (I think) good mobility for someone his size - which is important in Fleck's system.

Do we think he'll see the field next season? Given our thin OL depth.

Just saw this picture on twitter

6sIKXf.jpg

Do we think he'll see the field next season? Given our thin OL depth.

He'll see the field. How much will depend on injuries and his development. But given our depth concerns, he'll need to be ready to play because it will be a matter of when, not if, in 2017.

He'll see the field. How much will depend on injuries and his development. But given our depth concerns, he'll need to be ready to play because it will be a matter of when, not if, in 2017.

Depth concerns?

Greene, Wright, Connelly, Oseland all return as tackles who were in the two deep of a line that won nine games, led the Big Ten in sacks allowed, fifth in Big Ten in rushing. All four played last year. Greene and Wright were mainstays, starters.

Wright is a fifth year guy, Greene in fourth year, Connelly, Oseland both third year guys. Big, physically mature guys (all probably 320 pounds plus this Fall, two at 6'7", one at 6'6").

Also, Redshirt comes off Schlueter, who was a big time recruit (offers from Wisconsin, MSU, Northwestern among others.

Sassack also coming in. Fleck sings very high praises.

Won't be surprised if Fleck/Warinner/Callahan/Ciarrocca/Norries have connections that help land a big time oline grad transfer or late juco. Great recruiters with nationwide contacts and reputations for getting oline men to the League.

Tackle depth is very good. Andries may not be in the three-deep.

Depth concerns?

Greene, Wright, Connelly, Oseland all return as tackles who were in the two deep of a line that won nine games, led the Big Ten in sacks allowed, fifth in Big Ten in rushing. All four played last year. Greene and Wright were mainstays, starters.

Wright is a fifth year guy, Greene in fourth year, Connelly, Oseland both third year guys. Big, physically mature guys (all probably 320 pounds plus this Fall, two at 6'7", one at 6'6").

Also, Redshirt comes off Schlueter, who was a big time recruit (offers from Wisconsin, MSU, Northwestern among others.

Sassack also coming in. Fleck sings very high praises.

Won't be surprised if Fleck/Warinner/Callahan/Ciarrocca/Norries have connections that help land a big time oline grad transfer or late juco. Great recruiters with nationwide contacts and reputations for getting oline men to the League.

Tackle depth is very good. Andries may not be in the three-deep.

Tackle depth is fine. Andries has ability to play inside and think you'll see him used there initially.

Top Bottom