All Things Blaise Andries Thread

Skiumah77

Reaction score
I think I just need to make this thread because the offers he is getting is remarkable, post the offers he get each day in this thread

Current offers: Minnesota, Oregon, Oklahoma, Memphis, Kansas, Illinois, Colorado State, Missouri, Nebraska, Northwestern, Virginia

I'm not really worried about Memphis, Kansas or Colorado State

I think he is going to prom with Drew's sister, so we have that going for us.

I think he is going to prom with Drew's sister, so we have that going for us.

I tweeted at Ryan Burns something to the effect of "I hope Blaise is good friends with Drew" and Blaise liked the tweet. So don't worry folks, we've got him.

P.S. No, I wasn't tweeting at a recruit directly. He just happened to see my response to Burns.

Current offers: Minnesota, Oregon, Oklahoma, Memphis, Kansas, Illinois, Colorado State, Missouri, Nebraska, Northwestern, Virginia

I'm not really worried about Memphis, Kansas or Colorado State

You forgot Vanderbilt and Iowa State.

It really is a rare time in Marshall. First was Drew, now Blaise. Blaise also has a classmate going to play baseball at Oklahoma. That's three Power 5 athletes in two classes. And coming up a year after Blaise is the sophomore RB you see in many of Blaise's clips from this year, who in his first year of varsity football ran for over 1,000 yards and 22 TDs in the regular season alone.

Will be interesting to see where he camps this summer or if we can get a commitment sooner.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offers by conference

ACC: Virginia
B1G: Minnesota, Illinois, Nebraska, Northwestern
Big XII: Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa State
MWC: Colorado State
PAC-12: Oregon, Arizona
SEC: Florida, Missouri, Vanderbilt
AAC: Memphis

Don't want to rain on the parade, but.......

I saw both Jonah Pirsig (Gophers) and Tyler Marz (starting OT for Wisconsin) play in HS. I would put both of those players a notch ahead of Andries at the same point in their careers. Now, I think Andries has the potential to become a solid D1 player - but I suspect he will need a year or two in a big-time strength and conditioning program to hone his ability.

In my highly unofficial opinion, Andries needs a little work on quickness and footwork. I don't think he is quite as athletic as Pirsig or Marz were at the same age. But, Andries is a big, strong kid - and again, I think he can be effective in the right system.

Reminds me of Carter Coughlin with these offers. Hopefully he will be like CC and lead the MN 2017 recruiting class!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Don't want to rain on the parade, but.......

I saw both Jonah Pirsig (Gophers) and Tyler Marz (starting OT for Wisconsin) play in HS. I would put both of those players a notch ahead of Andries at the same point in their careers. Now, I think Andries has the potential to become a solid D1 player - but I suspect he will need a year or two in a big-time strength and conditioning program to hone his ability.

In my highly unofficial opinion, Andries needs a little work on quickness and footwork. I don't think he is quite as athletic as Pirsig or Marz were at the same age. But, Andries is a big, strong kid - and again, I think he can be effective in the right system.

Let's be honest though. The sheer number of offers shows multiple coaches think he has the right stuff. When he has 2 offers, us and northern Iowa, then you wonder. When every team in the nation thinks he's something, then you give in and say there must be something I didn't see.

Long time reader, first time poster here. I think if he sees Coughlin and Drew having success this year, it'll go a long way toward helping him feel like it's a good fit. The taking Drew's sister to prom thing shouldn't hurt either!

Long time reader, first time poster here. I think if he sees Coughlin and Drew having success this year, it'll go a long way toward helping him feel like it's a good fit. The taking Drew's sister to prom thing shouldn't hurt either!

Welcome to GH. Success in 2016 will definitely have an effect. When top tier programs like Oklahoma, Oregon, and Florida get involved, everything helps.

Anyone worried that WI has not yet offered?

Wisconsin has a very deep class of instate linemen this year and already locked up two of them, as well as Kayden Lyles. In a different year they'd have probably offered, but they already have 3 OL commitments.

Is this flurry of offers all from tape, or based upon camp evaluations? It seems like every conference is coming out of the woodwork for this kid.

Does this mean he brings nastiness to the table?

CQXduTEVEAEzGNC.jpg

Top Bottom